Sponsored

If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave?

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I like the Rubicon hood best.
Sponsored

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
I remember seeing an interview of the head designer for the JL. He said they'd never put a fake vent on a Jeep. I didn't realize the Mojave's vent didn't go anywhere, so that sort of casts a shadow on what he said. The Rubicon vents do go through the hood, but they're blocked by the insulation. Has anyone set one up with a manometer rig to see if there's anything going on with them fully opened? It's one of those things that's insanely cheap, quick, and easy to do by anyone who knows how, so seems probable.

Sponsored

bsteg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold my JKUR and just got a JTR.
Occupation
Work
Mojave is a cool looking hood, fake or not. To bad it doesn't fit my Rubicon or I would seek a trade!

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
By pure aesthetics I like the Mojave.. But given that its taller then the rest I would pass based on that. Also the Rubicon has the advantage of the fake vents being made useable as cool air intake. If I ever come across a Firecracker Rubi hood for sale at a decent price I will snatch it up.

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
maybe its just me. I like the sport hood the best. Clean simple lines that match the fenders bed, and contour of the door. To me it looks more traditional jeep. While rubicon looks "tougher" cooler. I like the more traditional look

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
maybe its just me. I like the sport hood the best. Clean simple lines that match the fenders bed, and contour of the door. To me it looks more traditional jeep. While rubicon looks "tougher" cooler. I like the more traditional look
Couldn't agree more.

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I'm with you on this. I prefer genuine things in my life--from real wood furniture to live plants in my freshwater aquarium and house to genuine brass lighting and plumbing fixtures. I'm not interested in dressy, bro-truck appearance packages.
Same, this is my living room:
5arnQVk.jpg

I have 9 other planted tanks through the house and my back room at work. I like wood grips on my 1911s, and the plastic bumpers on my Gladiator are one of the only major changes I'll make. It's just a feel thing. By the way, if you ever want any cuttings, let me know. I have some pretty rare aquarium plants.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I want the 392 rubicon hood.
I remember seeing an interview of the head designer for the JL. He said they'd never put a fake vent on a Jeep. I didn't realize the Mojave's vent didn't go anywhere, so that sort of casts a shadow on what he said. The Rubicon vents do go through the hood, but they're blocked by the insulation. Has anyone set one up with a manometer rig to see if there's anything going on with them fully opened? It's one of those things that's insanely cheap, quick, and easy to do by anyone who knows how, so seems probable.
Have you guys seen the hood on the new 392 Rubicons? They are using the mojave hood, but the scoops are actually functional including water releases to keep water out of your air intake.
Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? IMG_4500

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? IMG_4501

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? IMG_4502

Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? IMG_4503

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Same, this is my living room:
Jeep Gladiator If you could pick the hood, standard Sport style, Rubicon or Mojave? IMG_4503

I have 9 other planted tanks through the house and my back room at work. I like wood grips on my 1911s, and the plastic bumpers on my Gladiator are one of the only major changes I'll make. It's just a feel thing. By the way, if you ever want any cuttings, let me know. I have some pretty rare aquarium plants.
Very nice! I have six fish tanks plus one at the office. All live plants.

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rubicon but like the Mojave hood. I think it’s because I have had 4 jeeps now with that same hood. But I remember when I bought my 2013 jku 10a, man that hood was the tits. I was blown away by the bumper and how the hood looked while driving. It was such a big change.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Interesting. I like the Rubicon and Mojave but they both have styling queues that don't really fit the truck imo. Both the Rubicon vented slats and the Mojave ram air style hoods don't really fit the Jeep too well. The basic hood is ok but it's kinda bland. I dont think it's an easy win any direction you go, so I don't really know... I guess whatever comes with the truck. For me, I prefer the just basic one between the three, but that's what I look at every day so who knows.
Sponsored