Sponsored

If you had $1500 to spend on your Jeep today....

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
4.56s and front elocker while I'm in there.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Two Dual ARB compressors with Grim mounting brackets. One for mt JT and the other for my JL.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
1) Level kit install w/ alignment - $500

2) Red Rock HD Stubby Bumper - $400

3) Some kind of muffler upgrade to give this thing some grunt - $200

4) Cheap winch - $400

All that being said, why is every quote for the level kit install around $500? Seems high for an install and front alignment.
Unless you're swapping in some tie rods, you only need to re-center your steering wheel after a level kit. Highly recommend the Harbor Freight Apex 12,000 winch with synthetic line, right at $500 with a sale, I was a doubter until one of my buddies had it for a year, showed me how wrong I was about it. I have it myself now.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Definitely a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch. Stock clutch isn't anything to brag about, although it's almost liveable at 36,000 miles, and I don't smoke it trying to back up.

Sponsored

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Unless you're swapping in some tie rods, you only need to re-center your steering wheel after a level kit. Highly recommend the Harbor Freight Apex 12,000 winch with synthetic line, right at $500 with a sale, I was a doubter until one of my buddies had it for a year, showed me how wrong I was about it. I have it myself now.
Thanks, that’s good to know. My steering wheel is already crooked (to the right) so it needs to get fixed anyway.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
Buy 3 new tires.

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Thanks, that’s good to know. My steering wheel is already crooked (to the right) so it needs to get fixed anyway.
It's a quick fix with 2 people, not so quick with 1. Just turn the adjusting sleeve the right direction the first time, and have the second person verify it's straight. I used two cell phones, one video chat the other so I could see the steering wheel while I was adjusting it. I turned it the wrong way the first time, it's reverse thread. If your steering wheel is off more than 3°, your antilock braking may not function correctly, as it's thinking you're turning and will compensate incorrectly. Leveling kits are just a couple hour jobs, most can do it in a garage or driveway with a good set of tools floor jack and jackstands, with some patience. Don't spend money when you don't need to

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
It's a quick fix with 2 people, not so quick with 1. Just turn the adjusting sleeve the right direction the first time, and have the second person verify it's straight. I used two cell phones, one video chat the other so I could see the steering wheel while I was adjusting it. I turned it the wrong way the first time, it's reverse thread. If your steering wheel is off more than 3°, your antilock braking may not function correctly, as it's thinking you're turning and will compensate incorrectly. Leveling kits are just a couple hour jobs, most can do it in a garage or driveway with a good set of tools floor jack and jackstands, with some patience. Don't spend money when you don't need to
Ahhh that makes sense with the ABS. Looks like I may be putting my girlfriend to work this weekend 😂

Sponsored

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Ahhh that makes sense with the ABS. Looks like I may be putting my girlfriend to work this weekend 😂
Spend a little extra on the GF, dinner, movie, flowers, anything, especially if she'll help with Jeep repairs/adjustments. If you're lucky, you'll get one that shares your love of Jeeps too.

IMG_20191008_213701.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Fill it up?
Beat me to it. Filled mine twice today........ yikes.

Anyway - probably power steps for my wife but then those are waay over 1500.
Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it as is.
Maybe the SS3 Sport fog lights? Maybe aux switches so I could power my bumper-integrated backup lights manually?
It's a great truck as is.
Already have the hood cylinder kit ordered and the MOPAR longer lower control arms coming (just in time for winter and too cold to install anything)

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Falcon 2.1 sp2 and ditch the soft rubicon fox shocks in my ecodiesel. Maybe 3.1 if theres a deal

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Sure your alignment isn't off?
Sponsored