Install the lift yourself?

The 1

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Just curious how many are installing their lift themselves? I paid to have my JK lift installed, they did a great job, but I’d like to be able to learn and save money at the same time. I’m thinking I’ll be doing the EVO 4.5 enforcer.
Sponsored

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
Jeep's are the easiest vehicles to lift, fyi.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I've installed every lift I've had, except my Gladiator, because I no longer have access to a shop with a 2-post rotary lift, like I used to. So, I had no choice but to pay a local tire shop to put it on. They let me supervise to ensure it was installed correctly. :like:

highoctane

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I did my Evo Mfg Enforcer 2.5” Stage 4 Plus suspension kit on jack stands in my garage. Mounted my tires to the bead lock wheels myself as well. It’s a very easy job to do.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ben from JK Gear and Gadgets put together this awesome step by step video installing one of our Overland Plus Lifts on his JT. The general idea should be the same for other manufacturers lifts as well. Check it out, hope it helps!

Sponsored

OP
OP

The 1

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Ben from JK Gear and Gadgets put together this awesome step by step video installing one of our Overland Plus Lifts on his JT. The general idea should be the same for other manufacturers lifts as well. Check it out, hope it helps!

That’s awesome. Thanks for posting!

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Do you have a lift or are you doing with a jack and stands?

OP
OP

The 1

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
Do you have a lift or are you doing with a jack and stands?
No lift available unfortunately. Planning to do it with jack stands. Just not harbor freight jack stands

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
No lift available unfortunately. Planning to do it with jack stands. Just not harbor freight jack stands
I’ll be interested to hear how it goes. I’m debating doing a lift the same way after my gladiator is delivered

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
I did mine- I did the RC 2.5 Shocks and Springs and it was a lot easier than i thought it would be. It took about 3 hours start to finish and besides a large Torque Wrench I had to borrow, all it took was hand tools. There is a youtube video that shows step by step linked to the Rough Country Site.

I would make sure you have at least two floor jacks and 3 jack stands- one to hold the front driveshaft when you disconnect it.

Sponsored

Phred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon
25 years old: Fuck yeah...lets do this with some cinder bricks, a leaky bottle jack, and a Walmart ratchet set!

35 years old: Get er done over a weekend in the parking lot of a friends apartment complex. A case-o-beer job. Spent both days slightly buzzed while installing.

45 years old: Hey Mark (brother) can you help me out over the long three day weekend? After several trips to auto shop, it gets done...but took way longer than it should have. Can't move on Tuesday, back is out.

55 years old: Drop off truck, open wallet, pick up next day...ahhhhhhhhhh.

:)

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I`m 67 and did my RK 3" lift myself.

Having proper tools and not being in a hurry is key. You will have your ups and downs and frustration will set in at times, stay focused take brakes and once done admire your work.

3-pedal-Rub

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Night Train, Buell Lightning, TL, 4runner, JTR
I`m 67 and did my RK 3" lift myself.

Having proper tools and not being in a hurry is key. You will have your ups and downs and frustration will set in at times, stay focused take brakes and once done admire your work.
See? Even an old fart can do it!

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
I installed my JKS lift by myself with my jeep on jackstands in about 6 hours. Doubled check you have all the tools you'll need beforehand.
Just make sure you have tall enough stands with a wide enough base, also make sure someone is at least within earshot just in case. :like:
Sponsored