First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
retired
Be aware that if your winch has a wireless remote there is a constant drain on your battery. I had to put a cut off switch in the Plus lead.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Be aware that if your winch has a wireless remote there is a constant drain on your battery. I had to put a cut off switch in the Plus lead.
What winch you have? Most winches if not all should have a master power cutoff switch on the controller box.

OP
OP
Divided_Wood

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
What winch you have? Most winches if not all should have a master power cutoff switch on the controller box.
Right—mine has a wireless on/off switch on the solenoid box. If there is a phantom draw I never noticed it in the 4+ years this winch was on my old rig.

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Thank you so much for the write up! I think this will be the route for me too, as I also like the stock look. Great job. 👍🏻👍🏻

Jag

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
retired
The ON/OFF switch turns the power off to the remote, not the winch. Take the plus lead off the battery and just strike it to the post, you will see a spark if it's hot.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Well done sir!
Jeep Gladiator Installed a winch on my stock (plastic) Rubicon bumper - DIY writeup 1659478545708

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Looks great! I smashed the front bumper right on those wings on both my JK and JT, so that wouldn't work for me... but well done!

Sponsored

Iamstubb

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I used the Warn plate as well.
Yes, get a cover. UV is no good for synthetic line.
How did you avoid cutting the front of the bumper like the OP did for the fairlead mounting plate?

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
@Divided_Wood 's bumper seems to fit tighter to the grille than mine. Not sure if his plate had different spacers than mine or what.

OP
OP
Divided_Wood

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Yeah, there was no way mine was going on without the cut. I tried to stretch the plastic over it but it needed a couple of inches of give for that to work, which mine didn’t have.

SamJ3

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Technology Research and Advisory
I believe the Overland and Rubicon plastic bumpers are the same 3-piece construction. The Sports are different and only 2-piece. So the disassembly steps should be the same, I think.
I just finished a similar project on my 2022 Gladiator Sport. Yes, it is a 2-piece bumper and the approach is similar. The metal portion appears similar or identical. I too disassembled everything and reassembled the metal portion only, but then installed the plastic - needed to slightly trim the mating side to clear the collision absorption 'cans'.

See https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...per-and-a-winch-educate-me.48026/post-1018374 for a view.
Jeep Gladiator Installed a winch on my stock (plastic) Rubicon bumper - DIY writeup 1661347152188

OP
OP
Divided_Wood

Divided_Wood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I just finished a similar project on my 2022 Gladiator Sport. Yes, it is a 2-piece bumper and the approach is similar. The metal portion appears similar or identical. I too disassembled everything and reassembled the metal portion only, but then installed the plastic - needed to slightly trim the mating side to clear the collision absorption 'cans'.

See https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...per-and-a-winch-educate-me.48026/post-1018374 for a view.
Jeep Gladiator Installed a winch on my stock (plastic) Rubicon bumper - DIY writeup 1661347152188
Really nice work. I like the flush mount fairlead. Good job!
Sponsored