First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
26,000 miles and no complaints beyond what someone that has owned 5 Jeeps in the past would know about going in and for those complaining about the whiners, I can love my Gladiator and hate the key fob at the same time! I have not done the steering upgrade yet, but plan to ask about it in conjunction with the open recall on my manual transmission.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Almost 11,000 miles In and it's my favorite vehicle I have owned, which includes 3 BMWs various series, currently have a 2017 bmw 440i hardtop and 2017 mustang 5.0, numerous Jeep's- JKU, TJ,XJ, commander, 2 Grand Cherokee a and a liberty, to many more to name but I put the Gladiator right there at the top. Jeep and Truck, what's not to love.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I get where you're coming from. I sold my 05 Tacoma to buy the Gladiator. I was strongly considering overhauling the Tacoma, but drove a Gladiator and fell in love with it. My first Jeep, and I'm happy with it. I figure it won't be as reliable as the Toyota was, but it will be easier to work on, and there is a ton of aftermarket support and upgrades to do.
I can relate - I used to try to keep vehicles until it was no longer feasible to do so. Even now I have a 1982 car that might be worth 11 grand (to a collector, or a perfectionist, or someone who simply wants one badly) and have well over 20 grand in it restoring and resurrecting it. 193,000 miles on it and still going strong. (I have a wall of spare body parts - fenders, quarter panels, etc.)

I am not a Toyota fan PERSONALLY, but will say they REALLY stepped up things after the Prius issues. Man that company really took the bull by the horns and is way up there in reliability.

I think your comment is quite well balanced and honest.

As far as Jeep goes - we have owned Jeeps since Hector was a pup. My first was a Comanche, and we've owned the early Cherokees, 1 liberty when we needed to save some money, and now we look back over owning almost a dozen Grand Cherokees through the years.
People ask - do you look at anything else but Jeep?
Nope.
Why not?
Reliable, trouble-free for the most part (any issues have been pretty easily taken care of under warranty). In fact, some we bought, drove, and drove, and traded them - and never had anything done at all other than routine service. We had a window regulator fail - fixed quickly by the dealer under warranty, a small cosmetic issue with a headline (and the dealer actually replaced the whole thing instead of spending 5 minutes fixing it like I originally suggested), a delaminated driver door glass (not Jeep's issue - they don't make glass at all), and we've had Jeeps that were 100% trouble-free.
I have a WJ with 126,000 miles on it - the only things wrong are the rear wiper quit working, the driver door mirror I used a trick to get it to stay put because the pivot spring came apart and it would fold back too easily. (when Dad owned it it used a piece of paper wedged in the pivot to hold it) - that's it. I think the driver door electric lock not working is the body shop's fault - loose connection. I'd not be afraid to drive it almost anywhere.

Mabags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ram 1500 ,16 Durango
One year 9000 miles. Add me to the love it column, especially with the doors and top off. No problems so far. There are currently three Mopars in my garage, all trouble free. I've always driven Mopars and always thought they got a bad rap for reliability. Nothing's perfect so you'll always have complainers, take it for what it's worth.

LANGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Galdiator Rubicon
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
I am really enjoying my Jeep. I think people are just more likely to complain. I think you would find the same on any owners group.
Bottom line, I like my Jeep. My wife wants one of the hybrids they are teasing now. I like mine so much I wouldn't stop her from getting the family's second one.

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
New to the forum. Currently drive a 2018 Toyota Tundra and seriously considering trading for a Gladiator. I actually have a really good offer from a dealer now. But here is why I am hesitant. On this forum there is over 20 pages of complaints and issues. Are the Gladiators that bad? Should I reconsider. This will be my first Jeep. Any advise?
One thing I've learned quickly about wrangler/gladiator is that it is in a rare category of people being in a community over the vehicle. I'm not used to that. I've had Nissans and Honda's and one Lincoln. I never thought to even visit a forum over those cars.
Now with a wrangler/gladiator, you have this club. They help each other, talk about upgrades, likes and DISLIKES. So long story short, what I learned is that I can easily find a ton of complaints about this vehicle but that's not necessarily because there is something more wrong about the vehicle than others. It's because more people are talking about it in organized forums.

Also, people beat the crap out of this car. A stock Rubicon is going places I would never take my old 1995 Pathfinder. So, when that person complains about breaking their Jeep or their steering is out of alignment after beating it up, take that with a grain of salt.

If there were really that many problems with Jeeps being "mall crawled", then the whole production would be shut down.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Dude I love this thing. It has done what no vehicle has done in 15 years, made me look for excuses to go driving. It is awesome pulling up in customized go anywhere vehicle. I have 7000 glorious Magnuson supercharged miles on mine! Hasn't missed a single beat.
Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator 0821201944_HDR

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dude I love this thing. It has somewhat no vehicle has done in 15 years, look for excuses to go driving. It is awesome pulling up in customized go anywhere vehicle. I have 7000 glorious Magnuson supercharged miles on mine! Hasn't missed a single beat.
Jeep Gladiator Is anybody happy with the new Gladiator 0821201944_HDR
HOLY COW, MAN!
Looks almost like you have another Jeep in the back of that thing!

There are currently three Mopars in my garage, all trouble free.
Similar here - JT, WJ and my wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee soon to become an early 2021, and my Eagle with Jeep engine in it. (Her current GC has battery issues likely being drained by something as the battery itself is fine, and the rain-sensative wipers stopped sensing, otherwise it's been good up to that)

drkshaw

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Gobi
Occupation
Emergency Management
Rubicon owner here with 8k miles, 9th Jeep vehicle weve owned, including 2 Wranglers. I love my JTR! My steering even got better all by itself! Fantastic vehicle.

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
3 months, 3700 miles, love every second. I'm still the only Gator in my swamp, which is cool too, so you'll be buying a vehicle that's unique, very customizable, and the only truck on the market you can take the doors and roof off the cab (even if others come, this will be the best looking one and the orignal). I don't know where it's going to fall in reliability, but it'll hold its value. Wranglers are knocked all the time for reliability and currently maintain the best resale value among used vehicles. I plan on keeping mine for 10+ years unless something goes array or I can't help myself but trade up to another trim in the coming years. So unless you need a full size truck for whatever reason, then buy it and love it!

Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
There was a similar thread here where this was recently discussed.

I came from 6 straight bullet-proof Acuras and absolutely love my Gladiator. You're probably smart enough to know that the probability of the Jeep having a problem is higher than your Tundra.

That being said, FCA has improved the build quality and reliability of these vehicles and the latest JD Power Initial Quality results reflect that.

So that info is for your brain. The Gladiator will tug at your heart. Take the tops and the doors off and you'll never go back. It's a blast to own.
This!
Unless your entire life plays out on narrow 2-tracks, its almost impossible to make a rational argument for the Gladiator over the value and capability of a full-size truck. The Gladiator is just enjoyable. Its fun. Its different. You have to decide if those are worth while trade-offs for whisper quiet interiors with a dorm room worth of space and sweet sounding V8s pushing 400hp.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave, 2020 124 Spider Abarth
Occupation
Almost Retired
Is anybody happy with their Gladiator..................man I am! I love the thing!

Mudeater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, JT
I am disappointed in the way people stop me and they are always saying “...nice Jeep...” and “...cool ride dude...”. Sometimes I just want to get where I am going!

Also hate how I love driving this thing so much with the top and doors off.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
4d3v9s.jpg
Sponsored