Sponsored

Is there some kind of 'rivalry' with Tacoma owners??

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
If you would have said Dodge truck I would have agreed. There is not a bigger core of assholes around than those that drive Rams.
Around my parts it’s Teslaholes that are the problem…
Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Assholes will be assholes.
I haven't noticed a larger proportion of Taco drivers then any other truck.
Then again, I saw my very first Ford Maverick (can we call that a truck?) in the wild yesterday, and he was certainly acting like he had something to prove. Typical Friday afternoon traffic, and he spent at least 15 minutes changing lanes, trying to get in front of me. I just laughed. All that work to go from behind me to in front of me?
Whatevah.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That is SO weird, I happen know that three of the four DUI's at work who lost company truck privileges drive 3/4 ton RAM trucks for personal use. Never made the connection, still not sure what it means, but WOW.

Ram2500 drivers are the most likely drivers to have a former DUI conviction out of any other model of car on the road.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
There are jealous fools in all circles. Just yesterday I was cruising around with our spectacular weather ....roof off tube doors on and a FJ cruises by whips in front of me to show off license plate of LOLJEEP.

Okee dokee ....Ironically, I did laugh out loud. 😁

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
As others posted, there will always be idiots on the highway. And no-doubt, the Truck-genra has its share, maybe more than its share.

The Ticoma is a poular truck, but is not anything like "best of bread" in any catagory in the mid-size segment..Yes, there probably is some jelousy going on vs a Gladiator which is best in class (in the segment) in a number of catagories including off-road of course, uniquenss/fun/interesting and the ability to customize, just to name a few...

"Look at me, I can drive faster than him on the HWY, and I didn't have to pay 50-60K$ for my truck, ani't I "clever"."...A bit too coincidental that two Tocomas where hasling you.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Wheeled with some Tacos that were really chill. And had similar experiences to yours with others.
Even pulled over to give one right of way on a trail and got shot daggers by the lady in the passenger seat. My buddy who knew zero about jeeps or off-roading even commented...he didn't know why she was so pissed.

Assholes in all kinds of vehicles for sure.
To date my worst offender was an XJ from Alabama on Imogene that refused to give right of way while I was on ascent. He sat smack dab in the middle of Imogene paralyzed. had a good two or three feet between him and the mountain. Could have easily moved over.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
In my experience, there is a levelized amount of assholes in any brand and model of vehicle and no one has a monopoly on it.

If you are one of those people that seems to think somebody is challenging you at every stop light and intersection to a race or something similar, then that is probably you and in your head.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
He's probably just jealous. Toyota objectively makes the worst truck in the segment in every conceivable category. Reliability is a myth and everything else you can rate trucks on the Toyota is dead last. Screw those fan boys. I wish I had a $5 bill for every time I've wheeled my Jeeps with my buddy in his Tacoma all weekend and then had to tow him home on a trailer with the same Jeep after he broke.
I've had way too many Marines with Toyota Trucks of all sizes and they absolutely love them and their reliability to believe this. And being adventure crazy guys they definitely aren't doing the mall crawler crap.

I personally don't like them hence the decision to order a JT.

Re towing the buddy home--good on ya. Sounds like you should bet him $20 bucks he'll be towed home every time you go out for a weekend :beer:

Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
We are just a polarized society where people can't see past their own need/wants. Politics, diesel vs gas, Fird/Chevy/Dodge, hybrid vs electric, Mtn bike vs horseman, Dem vs Rep........

I have had lots of shit talking encounters with Toyota owners because I have Jeep, Polaris owners because I had a Can Am, and Japanese bike owners because I own Husky and KTM.

Even here with the shit talking about Tacos and Broncos.........Drive what suits your needs, budget, and desires!

I just chalk it up to people having low confidence and a little weiner complex.

Last edited:

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
Shheeeit they just mad because that Tacoma looks so bland and boring compared to the Gladiator.

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
There are jealous fools in all circles. Just yesterday I was cruising around with our spectacular weather ....roof off tube doors on and a FJ cruises by whips in front of me to show off license plate of LOLJEEP.

Okee dokee ....Ironically, I did laugh out loud. 😁
Back in 1999 when Ford introduced the Super Duty line of trucks, we bought an F450 Power Stroke Crew Cab to tow our large fifth wheel. At the time is was the only truck available with a 15K GVWR and 26K GCWR. And just for fun we got a personalized license plate: RAM KILR - so much fun!

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Shheeeit they just mad because that Tacoma looks so bland and boring compared to the Gladiator.
See, there you go with inserting your opinion that a Taco owner would disagree with and maybe be insulted by. You and they bought what makes you happy and thats all that matters.

Even though I agree that I dont like the look of a Tacoma, but I would not shit talk that to a person that owns one. Even if I liked the look of a Taco better than my Gladiator, I'd still buy the Jeep because it works better as a tool for my needs. I personally have never liked the seating position of any Toyota pickup. Those are my needs and opinions.....they may not fit everyone......For those people there's Nissan, Mitsubishi, Chevy, etc...... It's great to live in a time where there is so much choice!

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
i was looking at a ram rebel at one point, and decided against it for that reason… and the gas mileage. In my area, most people that drive lifted or modded Rams tend to be that way.Not all of course, but a disproportionate amount. “Yee yee” …. And if you get that reference you know what I am taking about. They all have it across the back window!
Lol it’s so true! I don’t get it, they’re the biggest asshole drivers I’ve ever seen!
Sponsored