Jeep Gladiator - happy owners? seeing scary stuff in the repair forums

mstrav73

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I don’t really fee that’s an FCA issue, that’s a shitty dealer issue.....my dealer (Colchester CT) would NEVER deny me a warranty claim for off roading the Jeep, nor would they infer to FCA that I mistreated the vehicle to deny a claim...find a new dealer for sure

They should not allow a dealer to deny anything, corporate should be only one to do this. With computers and phones should be simple and never if one thing is denied should the entire vehicle be voided but there have been several on this forum and the other lately. Facebook also had a few, I agree its the crappy dealerships that most likely pull this crap
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
31000 miles here, nothing major at all replaced the rear window (unfortunately a legitimate known issue, dealer told me they sent out a very large quantity of windows missing a component / gasket /seal, which is why they’re leaking...is what It is), also replaced steering box, did not have any issue with the steering, felt completely normal, was more worried about resale or possible longevity with the AL box, but that was not a legit issue for me...besides that, pretty awesome vehicle
I want to hear from folks post-36k miles. I am just under 31k myself and starting to try and address everything before the bumper-to-bumper expires

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
................the fact that Jeep doesn’t cover warranty if you actually use your features or go through a mud puddle. If a brand doesn’t back up it’s buyers I wouldn’t support that brand,
Really? Based on this? We don't even have the full story to this day. Look at the truck on the flatbed - that one trip through the water puddle didn't do that all. We don't know the speed, we don't know much at all. Everyone here is speculation - and it started with the DEALER.
Another dealer WOULD have taken care of things - or at least not flagged it. There's just too much here we don't know, and yet look at all the arm-chair attorneys here.
What we have here is a book with the first 2 and last 2 chapters ripped out and dozens trying to fill in the gaps.
Seriously, if a dealer wanted to be really stinky, all they have to do is get out the owner manual and point to the pages about off-roading through mud and water...... and the warning about damage. It's in the book so the dealer technically has an out if they want to be a butt-head.
And it was the dealer that flagged the other stuff...............

I could even say that most of the trouble issues here are dealer-related, more than Jeep proper.

I'd find a friendly dealer that wanted customers and see if I could talk them into working with me to get the warranty situation straightened out.
Funny thing - the dealership shop I used the last few times all but welcomes me and asks how things are going, etc.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Don’t just study failure / defect / recall issues but the fact that Jeep doesn’t cover warranty if you actually use your features or go through a mud puddle. If a brand doesn’t back up it’s buyers I wouldn’t support that brand, I suggest you search this issue and also see what dealers to avoid

always clean vehicle spotless before bringing in for warranty and say nothing other then it’s broken
Theres a difference between slowly driving through a "mud puddle" and slamming through a mud puddle. If you got mud high up in the engine bay to pack a alternator then you were not modestly fording that puddle. and was it a puddle or a mud pond! I wouldnt expect the dealer to cover an issue unless it was a factory defect. The Alternator was owner induced!

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Haven't had any mechanical issues, 5k miles here.

I did have some steering and wobble type issues after I put a 2.5 in lift and 35's on it though. Finally swapped out the tires to Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and she rides nice.

The main issues on the JT's i'm hearing about are faulty steering boxes.

Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?

Sponsored

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
16k miles, maybe having an issue with my head unit. I'm gonna hold out for a software update first.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
16k miles, maybe having an issue with my head unit. I'm gonna hold out for a software update first.
Depending on the problem, there are TSBs related to the "Radio". I seem to recall seeing at least 3 related to radio issues.

BCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Not a single issue. But I put more miles a month on my motorcycle and bicycle, than I do the Gladiator. Less than 4K on the Jeep.

Bicycle and motorcycle work flawlessly, too.....

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Hey there,

I am looking at potentially purchasing a gladiator overland, but reading some scary stuff reading the forms. Now understanding when you look in a repair forum for known issues you only see the bad not the good.

Are there folks how there with higher mileage who are not having crazy issues with cylinder misfires, ESS ssues or anything else major?
zero issues other that the steering tsb.

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
welp its been a year a 2 months with my truck and ive gotten 0 issues except for the knocking noise in the engine i hear that worries me

Sponsored

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
I got zero issues including the steering TSB. (i.e., I don't need it)
thats good. I doubt it is as noticeable with the car tires. Maybe your jeep already came with the new part, or maybe you cant discern the issue.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
thats good. I doubt it is as noticeable with the car tires. Maybe your jeep already came with the new part, or maybe you cant discern the issue.
Yes, the stock Overland tires. I do not have any need to upsize tires.

No, I have a 2020 with the original box. It seems to be a misconception that all 2020 steering boxes are bad. It tracks true and has very little steering wheel play.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Yes, the stock Overland tires. I do not have any need to upsize tires.

No, I have a 2020 with the original box. It seems to be a misconception that all 2020 steering boxes are bad. It tracks true and has very little steering wheel play.
great. glad you got one thats no issue for you. Glad Jeep did the TSB for the rest of us.
Sponsored