Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
But not for others. Half the reason I didnt get the Rubicon was the decreased payload. I havent come across one personally that didnt have a door jam of about 1100lbs but most Sport Max Tows had over 1500. 400lbs of payload is a HUGE difference for overlanding
Can't say that anymore.

qEqRfBG.jpg
Sponsored

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Any guesses when this will open for order? I read it will arrive in spring/2nd quarter. Which I would think orders would open before then? Thoughts? Best guesstimates?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Can't say that anymore.

qEqRfBG.jpg
Again, I said that I personally haven't come across. I've seen several on here, yes. And I know you got yours in Louisville, so they do exist even locally, but none that I came across while shopping significantly exceeded 1100lbs.

Is that with a steel bumper?

It is still over 300lbs less than mine (1555)

Again, I'm not saying Rubicon's or other models are worse than the Max Tow. But I do believe the Rubicon's are not the best trim for overlanding, and by extension neither is the Mojave (for some reason I keep wanting to type that as a Mojito, meybe because I want both of those). Any trim of the JT will be adequate for most overlanding trips just by the nature of the fundamental design

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
First off let me say that each person’s needs are different so there is no one correct answer.

I have been on expeditions where we were out in the boonies, deserts etc. for weeks at a time. For me personally I wanted the locking front axle and sway bar disconnect so I got the Rubicon and am still happy with the decision. I see the Mojave as a vehicle for day runners or maybe weekend runs...once again which is fine, but for me the further out one goes the better one’s truck needs to be with self recovery and the Rubicon fits the bill for me.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Here’s my Rubicon’s weight tag...

7B5F6415-F3A3-4932-AA73-29B58FDE2FC1.jpeg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Here is what I found on the axles from Fourwheeler

https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/jeep-jt-gladiator-mojave-vs-gladiator-rubicon-whats-difference/

Jeep has been contemplating the Mojave package since the early days of the Gladiator's design. In terms of the 3rd Generation Dana 44 axles found under the Gladiator off-road packages, it's not a case of Rubicon influencing Mojave as much as Mojave influencing Rubicon. To better cope with the rigors of pounding through unforgiving terrain at speed, the Mojave front axle required an increase in axletube wall thickness to 10mm, which is thicker than the Rubicon technically required. So Rubicon can thank Mojave for its 10mm axletube wall thickness.

DesertShot

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon JT (White)
Here is what I found on the axles from Fourwheeler

https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/jeep-jt-gladiator-mojave-vs-gladiator-rubicon-whats-difference/

Jeep has been contemplating the Mojave package since the early days of the Gladiator's design. In terms of the 3rd Generation Dana 44 axles found under the Gladiator off-road packages, it's not a case of Rubicon influencing Mojave as much as Mojave influencing Rubicon. To better cope with the rigors of pounding through unforgiving terrain at speed, the Mojave front axle required an increase in axletube wall thickness to 10mm, which is thicker than the Rubicon technically required. So Rubicon can thank Mojave for its 10mm axletube wall thickness.
That's what I was referencing. I can understand that the rubicon likely will not be subject to the same impacts that a Mojave could encounter, but if they had these forethoughts back then to beef the axles and apply it across all trims, why wouldn't they also include the frame gussets and knuckles?

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No. I have 218 lbs of aftermarket bumper and winch on it. so, it went don by 218 lbs minus the weight of the stock bumper. I do assume that the massive 3"-higher quad-rate Rock Krawler springs added some back--possibly along with all of the other RK and synergy components I have added.

Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Not sure that last bullet-point is a plus, but they are making lemonade out of lemons here.
For guys like myself that have loose steering issues, I think this would work against FCA/dealers. Now we can say to the dealers "yeah this might be normal for the MOJAVE, but not on the RUBICONS". No way Mojave steering will be even more loose compared to the rubicons that has the loose steering.

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For guys like myself that have loose steering issues, I think this would work against FCA/dealers. Now we can say to the dealers "yeah this might be normal for the MOJAVE, but not on the RUBICONS". No way Mojave steering will be even more loose compared to the rubicons that has the loose steering.
My post was entirely an attempt at humor, and I made up that language.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Again, I said that I personally haven't come across. I've seen several on here, yes. And I know you got yours in Louisville, so they do exist even locally, but none that I came across while shopping significantly exceeded 1100lbs.

It is still over 300lbs less than mine (1555)

Again, I'm not saying Rubicon's or other models are worse than the Max Tow. But I do believe the Rubicon's are not the best trim for overlanding, and by extension neither is the Mojave (for some reason I keep wanting to type that as a Mojito, meybe because I want both of those). Any trim of the JT will be adequate for most overlanding trips just by the nature of the fundamental design

I mean, it's not really a matter of better or worse - they can both handle the same weight, 6250lbs. There's nothing magical about the max tow, it just has less off-road equipment built in so has ~400lbs more of that 6250lbs available for payload. If you don't need the off-road equipment on the Rubicon, it makes no sense to get it, but you gain nothing in overall weight carrying ability by getting a max tow. You just get less standard equipment.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
My post was entirely an attempt at humor, and I made up that language.
Whoops! Well I'm embarrassed haha. I blame it to finding out this Mojave news at work right now and trying to rush through all the posts

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Whoops! Well I'm embarrassed haha. I blame it to finding out this Mojave news at work right now and trying to rush through all the posts
No problem. It would, indeed, have been funny if FCA actually wrote that, in the Mojave, "you can feel loose and relaxed with all of the expertly-engineered additional steering play as you play in the sand and wobble over even the most-extreme dunes."
Sponsored