Jeep Gladiator XMT Light Tactical Vehicle announced by FCA and AM General

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO
Whatever happened to that conspiracy thread about the military buying a crap ton of jts???
Sponsored

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
Here at Ft Bragg we have all kinds of weird vehicles, that have no armor at all on them. They aren’t used to fight from. They are so the infantry guys can move faster and carry more stuff. They still plan to fight on foot like they always have Right now they have everything from Flyer GMVs, Polaris DAGORs to MRAZORs. The only armor they have is the vests the guys are wearing. It’s a lot better than walking

Strider62

First Name
C.B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5; Gladiator Overland
Don't forget that there is a massive military market outside the US. Jeep is not uncommon at all in a number of the world's militaries, and most can't afford to armor all of their vehicles. Not to mention, when we first got HMMWVs in SF, armor kits didn't even exist... I eventually had to steel some armored doors off of a USMC TOW truck.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Butch2020JT

First Name
Walter akaButch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator (Ordered 9/20)
Occupation
Photographer
Nobody mentioned the Black Rhino-esque wheels yet! Sign me up!

Anybody know if those wheels are actually made now and by whom?
I'm standing by too! Waiting if someone out there knows if the wheels on the XMT concept are out there for sale somewhere.

Butch2020JT

First Name
Walter akaButch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator (Ordered 9/20)
Occupation
Photographer
Nobody mentioned the Black Rhino-esque wheels yet! Sign me up!

Anybody know if those wheels are actually made now and by whom?
I found this article and it seems to answer all our questions. A great read for sure!
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...diator-xmt-is-a-jeep-with-true-military-heart

• Wheels are made by Hutchinson, 17-inch by 8.5-inch wide with bead locks.
  • Hutchinson is a company that specializes in wheels for the defense and security industries. Armoring, bead-locks, run-flats—they have you covered. If those wheels look familiar, it is because Black Rhino makes knock-offs of the Hutchinson wheels.

Psycho Squirrel

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 White Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, '14 Black Grand Cherokee Limited, '63 Blue Corvair Monza,
BUMPERS! I want those bumpers, especially the front! Please, somebody take my money!!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
BUMPERS! I want those bumpers, especially the front! Please, somebody take my money!!
i love that front bumper too. very military-esque....wait? This is a vehicle for the military, lol

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy Cow, took me 3 episodes of Dexter to do this. Had to take the grill bar off the smittybilt xrc, then put the XMT on it.

Thoughts?

upload_2019-12-13_23-22-55.png

jeep-gladiator-xmt-concept3-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: