Jeep Grand Wagoneer and Wrangler 4xe Reveal

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Who else watched the reveal this morning? I am thinking the Grand Wagoneer is going to push 6 figures perhaps?!?!?! Regardless, I am excited for both new vehicles, they looked great!
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Who else watched the reveal this morning? I am thinking the Grand Wagoneer is going to push 6 figures perhaps?!?!?! Regardless, I am excited for both new vehicles, they looked great!
Watching now.

Gladiator 4XE was the only thing holding me back from ordering, but they were taking their time announcing stuff... so I guess I'll burn petrol for another 20 years. Exciting stuff though. (c:

375 HP, 470 lb/ft of torque for the Rubicon Wrangler? woof.

Grand Wagoneer will DEFINITELY be 6 figures. Massage seating? Yah, everything about that is going to be for the entrepreneur/influencer making more money than they know how to spend.

Last edited:

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
A 2020 Range Rover starts around $90k, 2020 GMC Yukon Denali starts around $70k, the Wagoneer will be somewhere in between imo. Fully loaded could easily too 6 figures though.

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81ā€™ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ā€˜18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
I am underwhelmed. Mis managed brand- they shouldā€™ve had that 3 row 15 ago/ and it looks plainly the same as all other massive yawn mobiles.... at least from those press release pics.
Hell Iā€™d be more impressed with a ram truck disguised as a wagoneer with a cap on the bed and a bench seat itā€™s its bed...

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I am underwhelmed. Mis managed brand- they shouldā€™ve had that 3 row 15 ago/ and it looks plainly the same as all other massive yawn mobiles.... at least from those press release pics.
Hell Iā€™d be more impressed with a ram truck disguised as a wagoneer with a cap on the bed and a bench seat itā€™s its bed...
Itā€™s not for everyone, just like the Gladiator isnā€™t for everyone. It will be well out of my price range, but for the upper middle class soccer moms and dads it will be another option to the Range Rover, Denali, Escalade in the large luxury SUV market.

Sponsored

DropW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Kia Sephia , 2007 Vulcan 900
So is it Trail Rated. Lol
In the reveal he says : "If there were a road trip, Jeep would be the Rubicon Trail, Wagoneer a beautiful snowy road in the Rockies" at minute 18:10 in video .

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
And the Grand Wagoneer will be somewhere between 75;80K to 100K, depending on the options.
cheers

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
"Premium" vinyl seats?

Sponsored

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
The GW is targeting luxury SUV purchasers. Denali, Escalade, Range Rover, Lexus LX. And if that interior is accurate it has all the others beat. All those displays just looks awesome.

Any bets on what motor options are in the GW? I'm betting 5.7 Hemi as base and something close to 500 HP as optional. Possibly a detuned hellcat motor or the 6.4 SRT.

Matt84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The GW is targeting luxury SUV purchasers. Denali, Escalade, Range Rover, Lexus LX. And if that interior is accurate it has all the others beat. All those displays just looks awesome.

Any bets on what motor options are in the GW? I'm betting 5.7 Hemi as base and something close to 500 HP as optional. Possibly a detuned hellcat motor or the 6.4 SRT.
Likely the same options as Ram 1500, 3.6 eTorque as base with Hemi and Ecodiesel as options.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I liked the original 4WD station wagon concept of the wagoneer.... That was something unique. The timing was good for it...., but, instead they went with the cookie cutter SUV that looks like all the others. I think FCA missed an opportunity.

It is not rocket science. Look at the Bronco. People love it because it looks like the original. The Wagoneer also has a similar following -- so, if the new one looked anything close to the original, they would have had a market already.... Instead, we are looking at something that has no resemblance to the original, which upsets some of the people expecting a Wagoneer, and they have to build a new market from scratch -- even with the "Wagoneer" name.

I mean a "jacked up" 4WD station wagon, with 33" tires, and all the creature comforts, and some needed aero dynamics work, is what I expected.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
In the reveal he says : "If there were a road trip, Jeep would be the Rubicon Trail, Wagoneer a beautiful snowy road in the Rockies" at minute 18:10 in video .
I couldnā€™t help but feel like they were making excuses that it is less Jeep than it should be and way more expensive than what 95% of us could pay.

ā€if your a peasant and canā€™t afford a six star vacation on a private island, you want a Wrangler so you can take advantage of the free out doors.ā€œ

ā€if your wife is scared of spiders and hasnā€™t seen an insect in the last eight years because the nanny knows sheā€˜ll lose her shit if she sees one, the Grand Wagoneer is the one for you.ā€

OP
OP
Hawkeyes3312

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
It did make me feel somewhat alienated as a lifetime owner of only Jeeps. Every comparison of Jeep to Wagoneer clearly made me feel like 'well, I love all the Jeep stuff, but clearly won't be able to afford a Wagoneer". My brother works in the automotive industry and watched the reveal as well. He said 'find a used one about 3 years old and 25,000 miles and you'll get it for 55K and feel good about that".
Sponsored