wtonasket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
I think its actually pretty awesome, i'm sure there are drawbacks as with anything else. Having taken a 4500 mi roadtrip through the western states and National parks last year with my two kids-we were able to fit everything we needed under the tonneau cover, but would have been awesome to go topless through yosemite etc. We ended up taking the front tops off and strapping them in their case on the top of the tonneau.
Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Just the ability to remove the rear window makes this a buy when it releases for me. Wonder if it actually will come to production.

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
That would be amazing. If it comes to pass, hopefully it will be compatible with earlier Gladiators.
Maybe if you take a sawzall to your rear panel that has the rear window and roof in one piece vs separate sides and rear as the one in the picture..

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
I'll order as soon as available assuming it's compatible with the existing models. I don't care about putting them in the bed but my garage isn't big enough to store the rear roof section so it'll probably never come off at this rate.

Sponsored

maddocmuc

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Physician
Vehicle Showcase
This is wonderfull!

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn't that called a Chevy avalanche?
Didn't last to long!
GM is bringing the midgate back. The new Hummer EV and upcoming all electric Silverado RST both have one. Maybe it won't last too long again. 😆

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone thank the Ford Bronco for this. LOL.
Bronco owners can thank Jeep owners for this. We've been asking for a modular top since at least 2007 (4-door JKU debut). We can thank Ford for actually building it and forcing Jeep's hand.

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I would be more interested in door storage in the bed. I can already put my freedom panels in the bed and I rarely remove the back.

I'll give this a simple "neat".
Personally, I don't feel the need. I hang my doors on my garage wall, but couldn't you just use the plans for one of the 2x4-built door holders and set it inside the bed?

DustyGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Gladiator Mojave, 22' Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Network systems engineer
If you never use the truck bed for anything, or don't want to lift just the rear part of the cover to access something in the bed (which you'd never be doing anyway as the top would take up the bulk of the bed)
Cool, but makes it less usable as a real truck.
Speaking generally, if the gladiator is being used as a "truck" the top will be fitted. I can't think of too many times that I'm doing "truck stuff" that I wouldn't have the top on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Troop

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition Rubicon
It also makes it so you can run a safari style hardtop if the rear quarter panels and rear glass panel can come part. Assuming there are attachment points to secure the top panels only to the roll bars in this situation.

Yes! On hot summer days, I loved driving my JK's with doors off, windows out, but top up for shade when the sun is beating down hard. This would be a great feature for the JT.

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
You have OEM liner? Debating that or Hotheadz.
Hotheads!. I have the OEM liner on my Rubicon Gladiator and I put a Hotheads on my wife's Overland. The Hotheads with the sound assassin is a better replacement.
Sponsored