First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I was gonna say, sounds like the Willys package, which Ive got....
Sponsored

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
The Willys gets rubicon suspension doesn't it? I don't think it's a bad deal if you're not going to immediately upgrade your own tires anyways and I'm sure the wheels will look better than the stockers. Easily worth $900.

@12psi Always good to hear from you!
I don't think the willy's gets the Fox shox.

While they do play a bit of a game with the spec list, all the packages do that. For instance, I have at least two packages that add X or Y, but they don't discount those packages because another package has a given component already. The real test is whether you could get said option for less aftermarket. So far as the switches are concerned, from what i understand adding the factory switches is an expensive and difficult proposition. There are other after market options but you don't get the same integration like controlling the switch state from the display.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I don't think the willy's gets the Fox shox.

While they do play a bit of a game with the spec list, all the packages do that. For instance, I have at least two packages that add X or Y, but they don't discount those packages because another package has a given component already. The real test is whether you could get said option for less aftermarket. So far as the switches are concerned, from what i understand adding the factory switches is an expensive and difficult proposition. There are other after market options but you don't get the same integration like controlling the switch state from the display.
Correct and good luck getting proper all Terrains for $800.

Socks_Mcgee

First Name
None
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
None
For instance, I have at least two packages that add X or Y, but they don't discount those packages because another package has a given component already.
Im glad someone else realized this. I've been pricing out a build for a while now, and I realized that all the things I wanted had overlap.. But they sure don't discount! .. looking at you alternator.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
2022 started the 700cca battery and 240 Amp alternator standard almost positive, atleast thats what my 22 sport with nothing but SXM added had. along with it keeps the same sport suspension, the only change is Aux switchs included on a sport (non-S) and you get 32" tires. Which may be KM2's like the willys, or even just KO2's, not enough details here.
650 amp battery standard across all levels for 2022 model year,
700 amp battery is included with aux switches.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 1674623331850

180 amp alternator was standard on Sport, the 220 came with the premium audio group, and some other options, then the 240 with tow package, popular equipment package, etc. (and Texas Trail and Altitude models got the 240)

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 1674624398333

Last edited:

Sponsored

BourbonRunner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Money Pit
Occupation
Foole
It's meant to be a budget friendly option to the Gladiator, without having to spend the money with a Willy's or Willy's Sport trim. The upgraded suspension and tires are a big help with getting off road, and the upgraded battery, alternator, and aux switches are for the accessories that will be added. For a beginner or budget minded person, this package is a great option.
Bingo. It is also an appearance package. It isn't meant for the typical user here, just someone who buys a Sport with beefier tires and an off-road look. And besides, that's cheap for a set of AT's.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT

180 amp alternator was standard on Sport, the 220 came with the premium audio group, and some other options, then the 240 with tow package, popular equipment package, etc. (and Texas Trail and Altitude models got the 240)

Wait....this 220 is new to me. I need to look at my stock alt. If it's indeed 220 then I doubt I need the 240 for the cooling fan....

20230125_063135.jpg

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
Swing and a miss. Jeep dropped the ball here, could and should have been a minimum of 35's and a lift on it. All that other crap will end up in the members classifieds.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 20230125_063135

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 20230125_063135
PS - don't ya just love the code for the 180 amp alternator? LOL

Sponsored

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Sure but these are wimpy 32s and you don’t get to sell the factory tires or keep them as backups.

What percentage of buyers do you think are swapping out new stock tires for 32” all terrains?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sure but these are wimpy 32s and you don’t get to sell the factory tires or keep them as backups.

What percentage of buyers do you think are swapping out new stock tires for 32” all terrains?
A lot more than you think.

32.2 stock size - now running ......... gasp!........... 32.2 A/Ts

Come to our area, most are stock size tires. Why not?

Get out a bit and you may be surprised. Even talking to a local dealer who told me how many new Jeeps they sell a month - most who swap tires simply move to A/Ts and there's few who go much if any bigger.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 20220714_182359_2022

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 20210909_105011_HDR

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link

What about a 32” tire is whimpy? For $800 you get the aux switches and all terrains from the go - Jeep uses premium tire brands like Falken, BFG and GoodYear. Not everyone wants to lift and upsize in tire, some want something capable off the showroom floor 100% under warranty and not have to worry about it. That is a good value for what it is.

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 244C378A-8464-4331-A311-4AA1E9649729

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 77E1E512-CD32-468F-846F-67C98170D0AE

Jeep Gladiator Jeep Releases Off Road Group for Gladiator Sport 33ECA96F-D8A1-4ABA-8FF9-8D8F66B83A67

To discredit your argument further, you could probably sell the tires for at least close to $800 to someone with something like a TJ or YJ who would love some 32’s and to be able to buy your tires. Do you think people are crazy for 32” street tires?

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What about a 32” tire is whimpy? For $800 you get the aux switches and all terrains from the go - Jeep uses premium tire brands like Falken, BFG and GoodYear. Not everyone wants to lift and upsize in tire, some want something capable off the showroom floor 100% under warranty and not have to worry about. That is a good value for what it is.

244C378A-8464-4331-A311-4AA1E9649729.jpeg

77E1E512-CD32-468F-846F-67C98170D0AE.jpeg

33ECA96F-D8A1-4ABA-8FF9-8D8F66B83A67.jpeg

To discredit your argument further, you could probably sell the tires for $800 to someone with something like a TJ or YJ who would love some 32’s and be able to buy your tires. Do you think people are crazy for 32” street tires?
What I find ironic, actually funny at times, is how much better so many say a 33" tire is over a 32" tire..........
and yet - the tires on my truck are 32.2 (called "32s" by Jeep people)
The tires on a Rubicon are 32.8" (called "33s" by Jeep people)
That's a whopping .6" difference. So a wimpy tire is basically one that is 1/2" shorter than the manly tire.
I measured since I have two now parked next to each other - the Rubicon with the manly 33s and the wimpy 32s on my JT. I had to laugh - this is the excitement? I can hardly see a difference when I measure from the ground to the top of tire on each of them sitting in my garage next to each other. I even read the sidewalls twice to be sure I was seeing what I was seeing.

BTW - I sold my Gladiator take-offs in a few hours to a Toyota truck owner. He was happy to get them.

The factory aux switches are not a lot under 800 to begin with, and you get the larger battery with the aux switches. That package is a bargain for what you get and you can put off buying tires for a long time.
I go through snow drifts, I don't climb rocks and frankly, that's how most of us use our Jeeps.
IMO, most of what most people do is for looks or be impressive. I guess I'm at least sometimes more practical although I have my impulsive side that wants to buy what I see.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
@ShadowsPapa As much as I hate to admit it, whimpy 32’s would probably get me everywhere I’ve gone on 37’s… albeit probably more butt pucker… a lot more. Anyways, yeah I don’t understand that comment.

Im going to ask you refrain from talking about the 4xe any further though before I end up buying one for… uhhm my wife.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.