JScan app

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
I have found on a lot of those connectors it helps to push the tab in then push the connector together and then pull them apart. Seems pushing them together helps release the latch.
Gregj
Sponsored

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
Need some help. I went from Rubicon factory tires to 315/70/17. The speedometer was 3 mph slower than GPS. When I went in to change tire size, the factory setting was at 31.25, which I thought should have been higher. I changed it to 34.50 and my speedometer was 6 mph OVER GPS. I have moved down to 33.25 and the speedometer is 1 mph over GPS and the truck drives like crap. Spends way more time in 7th gear now. Before the change it would stay in 8th gear. Has anyone else had issues like this with the JScan?? The TPMS change was flawless.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Need some help. I went from Rubicon factory tires to 315/70/17. The speedometer was 3 mph slower than GPS. When I went in to change tire size, the factory setting was at 31.25, which I thought should have been higher. I changed it to 34.50 and my speedometer was 6 mph OVER GPS. I have moved down to 33.25 and the speedometer is 1 mph over GPS and the truck drives like crap. Spends way more time in 7th gear now. Before the change it would stay in 8th gear. Has anyone else had issues like this with the JScan?? The TPMS change was flawless.
Get the speed right with the appropriately programmed tire size, and the transmission should do what it’s programmed to do. Mine tended to hold gears too long Before reprogramming. Now it upshifts much sooner, and is smoother. I don’t care if it uses 7th or 8th as long as it drives well.

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Get the speed right with the appropriately programmed tire size, and the transmission should do what it’s programmed to do. Mine tended to hold gears too long Before reprogramming. Now it upshifts much sooner, and is smoother. I don’t care if it uses 7th or 8th as long as it drives well.
To make sure I understand correctly. Get the speed right by dropping the tire size through JScan even though actual tire size will be larger?? I think 33.00 should put the speedometer on the money. I am confused as to why the actual tire size at 34.50 had the speedometer at 6 over. How will the actual tire size 34.50 affect the transmission when it is programmed at 33.00??

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
To make sure I understand correctly. Get the speed right by dropping the tire size through JScan even though actual tire size will be larger?? I think 33.00 should put the speedometer on the money. I am confused as to why the actual tire size at 34.50 had the speedometer at 6 over.
I believe it is using a theoretical overall tire size based on what the actual radius is from the hub center to the ground. The value needed will always be less than the actual diameter of the tire due to the tire compressing under weight. I can’t remember exactly where I set mine, but it was lower than what I expected to be based on the overall height of the tire. If you think about it, it does make sense this way.

Sponsored

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got the speedometer dialed in pretty good at 33.00. I changed the fog lights to stay on with brights. I have the driver and front passenger windows on express down. Any other changes y’all recommend making??

gladeiator

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just tried having my dealership recalibrate for the larger tires without knowing about this. They gave me a list of hoops FCA wanted us to jump through and I said no thanks. Just ordered everything I need and downloaded the app. Thanks for all the great info!

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there a rundown of what can be changed and what each module does? I’ve tried the window express but it doesn’t seem to work.
The website isn’t a whole lot of help looking for this info either

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is there a rundown of what can be changed and what each module does? I’ve tried the window express but it doesn’t seem to work.
The website isn’t a whole lot of help looking for this info either
Good question. Be cool to know what others have done.

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
So I guess the main difference in the JSCAN and Tazer is the Tazer can program the ESS to remember last state so it can always be turned off. This is one of the biggest benefits in my book but I can't justify spending basically 3x as much when the other things I need (AUX switch programming and speedo calibration) can be done with the JSCAN.

Sponsored

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
I got the speedometer dialed in pretty good at 33.00. I changed the fog lights to stay on with brights. I have the driver and front passenger windows on express down. Any other changes y’all recommend making??
express down? I want that !

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MomsSpaghetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's no module for the rears. And I thought express down was standard for both fronts? Mine is at least, sport s max tow. Correct me if wrong.
No, mine was already set in the front. I thought JScan would turn the back on and couldn’t. I see it’s not possible then
Sponsored