JScan app

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
My experience is that the front camera will remain on at speed up to 8mph... above that speed will shut off after about 10 seconds, which it is ok for safety reason. With the Tazer the camera will remain on at all times.
Yup, that is the factory designed function of the cargo cam circuit, such as factory equipped on a Ram HD. Tazer and Jscan both enable the function in the BCM the same way. The tazer is able to keep it on all the time because it is a live function (so the tazer has to be plugged in), and it is intercepting and modifying the cargo camera button press message. Jscan is only capable of enabling/disabling the cargo camera bits, and it will only operate as designed for factory equipped trucks.
Sponsored

RxGladiator

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Sting Gray
Yup, that is the factory designed function of the cargo cam circuit, such as factory equipped on a Ram HD. Tazer and Jscan both enable the function in the BCM the same way. The tazer is able to keep it on all the time because it is a live function (so the tazer has to be plugged in), and it is intercepting and modifying the cargo camera button press message. Jscan is only capable of enabling/disabling the cargo camera bits, and it will only operate as designed for factory equipped trucks.
Thank you... very good explanation.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Good to know this, thanks for explaining.
I had just installed my zautomotive front camera two days ago, and enabled on with JScan.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Has there been any movement on JSCan being able to disable ESS?

This is literally all I need to do; I don't wnat to have to spend $300 on a Tazer to be able to do it

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I just dont understand how its so hard to hit the button as soon as you climb in your jeep and turn the key??
Not hard, annoying

Especially when we can just get rid of it permanently

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Not hard, annoying

Especially when we can just get rid of it permanently
it is annoying, and i sometimes forget, but as soon as I notice I forgot, i simply reach and tap the button. Problem solved, and it was free. We are lucky Jeep even provided a button. My wifes vehicle doesnt even offer that.

I have a Jscan already, but if they dont ever get it working, it wont bother me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
it is annoying, and i sometimes forget, but as soon as I notice I forgot, i simply reach and tap the button. Problem solved, and it was free. We are lucky Jeep even provided a button. My wifes vehicle doesnt even offer that.

I have a Jscan already, but if they dont ever get it working, it wont bother me.
Muscle memory, it should become habit like setting the steering wheel where you want it, closing the door, etc.
In my case, I trained my leg to brake according to whether or not I wanted the engine to shut down, then when I see the other side turn to yellow, I let up a tad and the engine starts and I go when I get green. Push the brake less hard to not stop engine, harder to stop engine.
But then some drive up and hit the brake in the last 10 feet and go from 50 to 0 in 7 feet - ain't gonna work for them.
Doesn't matter to me if it stops - it isn't impacting my reaction time off the line when the bottom light on the tree is green. People wanting to get around me because their lane ends are still surprised when I end up ahead of them.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
So with the jscan I
Has there been any movement on JSCan being able to disable ESS?

This is literally all I need to do; I don't wnat to have to spend $300 on a Tazer to be able to do it
You can be like me, I don’t like the ess or wearing my seat belt so I just disable the seat belt chime and don’t wear my seat belt. Ess doesn’t work

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
So with the jscan I

You can be like me, I don’t like the ess or wearing my seat belt so I just disable the seat belt chime and don’t wear my seat belt. Ess doesn’t work

Well thats not very safe now is it? haha.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
So with the jscan I

I guess that's one way to do it!

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
I suspect this is the one you mean.

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/

Looks like a bargain considering it makes it a snap to access those connections with the bypass cable.
Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but there is a lot of useful information here, and I have a question.

First of all I do not (yet) have a JScan and hardware, but that is what I think I want to use when I change out bulbs for LEDS.

As many have mentioned, it appears that hooking up the dongle can be difficult - especially for those of us with aged hands and joints - so I am looking at possibly getting this extension. Here is my question:

Does leaving the extension cable hooked up (not the cable or ODB device) leave the security gateway open? Does that makes sense? Not having worked with any of this before has me struggling to get a clear picture of how everything hooks together.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies for resurrecting an older thread, but there is a lot of useful information here, and I have a question.

First of all I do not (yet) have a JScan and hardware, but that is what I think I want to use when I change out bulbs for LEDS.

As many have mentioned, it appears that hooking up the dongle can be difficult - especially for those of us with aged hands and joints - so I am looking at possibly getting this extension. Here is my question:

Does leaving the extension cable hooked up (not the cable or ODB device) leave the security gateway open? Does that makes sense? Not having worked with any of this before has me struggling to get a clear picture of how everything hooks together.
The Tazer extension cable makes it easy to unplug the security gateway cables whenever you need to use Jscan to modify the computer settings. You only have to push your hand up their one time to access the gateway ports and connect the Tazer cable, instead of every time you need to use Jscan.

The two cables are disconnected from the security gateway. The bypass cable connects to these two cables and provides a OBD port to connect the dongle so Jscan can connect to the truck computer. The Tazer extension cable connects to the security gateway so that the gateway ports hang below the dash for easy access. When done with Jscan, unplug the two cables from the bypass cable and connect them to the Tazer extension cable. This leaves the OBD port functional for the dealer to use, but passing through the security gateway to prevent unauthorized access to the truck computer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Like Mr._Bill said, not a problem.
All the extension cables do is extend the gateway ports down for easier access. All else remains the same. So instead of unplugging the vehicle cables from the ports up high, you are unplugging them from the extension cables that hang down for access. Think of it in a way like a simple extension cord for an outlet. Instead of having to walk over to the wall, move the couch to get to the outlet to unplug your lamp from the outlet, you can unplug it from the extension cord sticking out from behind the couch.

BamaJeepTruck

Banned
Banned
First Name
Reinhardt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I really don't understand people having problems with the cables. I just pop them out, never was an issue. Push the clip with my pointer finger and pull down with pressure on the thumb. Maybe some models have something else in the way but my Sport S auto is easy to get to. I needed the app when I changed tire size, and also when I put on my MOPAR steel bumper. The LED fogs on the bumper hyperflashed bad until I enabled the LED fog option.
Sponsored