Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Stock intake setup with OEM panel filter and ram scoop pointed backwards, drove about 100 miles including some highway driving. No codes.

PXL_20230107_193719335.jpg

Sy-Klone 9001R prefilter with stock OEM intake and panel filter with 8000 miles on it. Only drove about 85 miles so far, including some at highway speed, no codes. Verified with scanner. OAT 0-25°f

PXL_20230109_214004266.jpg

PXL_20230110_124223823.NIGHT.jpg

I also don't recommend trying to take off the AEV supplied ram scoop band clamp when it's 20° out. It'll just shatter.
Knock on wood the pre-filter keeps up the good work, that would be great news!
Sponsored

omgoddard

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 DJTR, 2013 JKU
Interesting thread. I haven't installed mine yet as I'm curious what AEV will do if that is the fix - spending another 2-300 on the cyclone filter kinda sucks. Plus, I guess I dont know if mine will throw the code like others have had happen so its a dice roll it seems.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
This looks sweet. No clearance issues ?
Clearances are all good, it's a tidy package for the size of it. I definitely think the larger Sy-Klone would look goofy, this one nearly does on it's own. These pictures are with the filter fitted all the way down onto the snorkel tube, so if you had for whatever reason an installation that tucked in closer to the windshield frame, or an A pillar bar for lights or something, or even if you wanted to run the bigger filter, you could move the filter up a couple inches to get some more space. There's a part of me that is tempted to actually trim the snorkel tube a bit to move it down some more. I haven't measured, but my guess is if you had a perfectly leveled truck, the Sy-Klone probably sits higher than the roof.

The Sy-Klone also fits looser than the scoop. It would probably tighten up just fine but to ensure a better seal I wrapped the intake tube in a couple layers of electrical tape to snug it up before tightening the clamp down.

Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel PXL_20230110_154104521
Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel PXL_20230110_154137616
Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel PXL_20230110_154147747

Interesting thread. I haven't installed mine yet as I'm curious what AEV will do if that is the fix - spending another 2-300 on the cyclone filter kinda sucks. Plus, I guess I dont know if mine will throw the code like others have had happen so its a dice roll it seems.
I suppose you just need to assume that in the total cost. That makes it a very pricey snorkel. I reached out previously to a couple other businesses that suggested the 9001R should work perfectly fine with the EcoDiesel so I don't expect any issues. I did some 0-75 mph full throttle pulls on my way into work tonight and still no codes. Maybe the move for AEV going forward is just to sell the snorkel with the Sy-Klone only. Sort of an ironic 180 from their current position. My plan was always to run the Sy-Klone one way or another, so none of this really bothers me.

I'm still going to run this configuration a couple more days then I'll start swapping other parts around.

Also maybe worth noting, it was implied that about 25% of the vehicles with the snorkel fitted have had the CEL issue, possibly just due to environmental factors. Derived from a pretty small sample size, however.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Great details and photos. Thank you for the information.

RoninJT

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon/2023 Gladiator Rubicon order
Occupation
Nurse
Clearances are all good, it's a tidy package for the size of it. I definitely think the larger Sy-Klone would look goofy, this one nearly does on it's own. These pictures are with the filter fitted all the way down onto the snorkel tube, so if you had for whatever reason an installation that tucked in closer to the windshield frame, or an A pillar bar for lights or something, or even if you wanted to run the bigger filter, you could move the filter up a couple inches to get some more space. There's a part of me that is tempted to actually trim the snorkel tube a bit to move it down some more. I haven't measured, but my guess is if you had a perfectly leveled truck, the Sy-Klone probably sits higher than the roof.

The Sy-Klone also fits looser than the scoop. It would probably tighten up just fine but to ensure a better seal I wrapped the intake tube in a couple layers of electrical tape to snug it up before tightening the clamp down.

I suppose you just need to assume that in the total cost. That makes it a very pricey snorkel. I reached out previously to a couple other businesses that suggested the 9001R should work perfectly fine with the EcoDiesel so I don't expect any issues. I did some 0-75 mph full throttle pulls on my way into work tonight and still no codes. Maybe the move for AEV going forward is just to sell the snorkel with the Sy-Klone only. Sort of an ironic 180 from their current position. My plan was always to run the Sy-Klone one way or another, so none of this really bothers me.

I'm still going to run this configuration a couple more days then I'll start swapping other parts around.

Also maybe worth noting, it was implied that about 25% of the vehicles with the snorkel fitted have had the CEL issue, possibly just due to environmental factors. Derived from a pretty small sample size, however.
Just to clarify, which intake are you running? Did you end up switching back to the OE drop in filter? My snorkel is patiently waiting in my garage for the Sy-klone to arrive. Thanks for being the Guinea pig 🙏🏽

Sponsored

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify, which intake are you running? Did you end up switching back to the OE drop in filter? My snorkel is patiently waiting in my garage for the Sy-klone to arrive. Thanks for being the Guinea pig 🙏🏽
Since Monday morning it's been stock intake and OEM drop in filter. Only modifications are the snorkel itself and the Sy-Klone 9001R. Still no codes.

RoninJT

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon/2023 Gladiator Rubicon order
Occupation
Nurse
Since Monday morning it's been stock intake and OEM drop in filter. Only modifications are the snorkel itself and the Sy-Klone 9001R. Still no codes.
That’s exactly how I was planning to run it as well. Hopefully the Sy-Klone arrives soon and I can join the club. Thanks again for all the information

eeTwidget

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Ironically I held off from buying the snorkel because I specifically wanted to use Sy-Klone and from everything we were reading, it wasn’t comparable/tested. Now though, I’ll be watching a little longer but probably get the setup as long as it all works.

Sponsored

Snowcavemike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Gday everyone!

I was wondering if anyone did a snorkel for the diesel yet. Thinking it might need to be on the other side.

I’d be keen to see some pics please.

Cheers!
AeV makes a snorkel for the jt diesel. I am ordering it in a few weeks

Steven_B

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aroundthenw.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2, 2001 XJ, 1993 YJ, 2021 JT EcoDiesel
Occupation
Digital Marketing Manager
So has anyone ordered/installed one that has the low fender flares? AEV said it will fit, you will just have a gap between the fender and snorkel body.

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
is the snorkel / Sy-Klone in any way distracting or in your field of vision when driving?
Field of vision, yes. Distracting, no, not for me anyway. It does block my view of the front left fender when trying to pull up close to something like the card reader at the gate at work, but not a big deal.

Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel PXL_20230116_201116065

Jeep Gladiator JT Diesel Snorkel PXL_20230116_201248256

I've swapped over to the AFE intake now. With and without the CCV insert, still no codes. Fun noises. Also I think I mentioned earlier there being no additional wind noise. I was wrong, there certainly is. It's not bad, but you can hear the turbulence along the roof.

These black T-bolt clamps fit the 9001r. Looks much more finished than the bare stainless.

The listing on AEV's website is now out of stock and no longer mentions not recommending the Sy-Klone, that I see.

:edit:: it also appears they've deleted their social media posts regarding the snorkel's release

Last edited:

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Sponsored