First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
So after pulling my rv that weighs about 3800, my jeeps rear locker started flashing. I installed the z-locker oem and problem solved. Here's the link to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Haroldgladi

Haroldgladi

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
Forgot to mention that warranty would not cover cuz of the 5.13 gears I installed.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Harold, just curious how your locker fix has held up over the past 12 months? We have almost identical situations, I'm pulling a small trailer on 37's and just today started getting the flashing indicator for my reat rear lockers. Your video of your fix looks pretty straightforward, do you have a part number or link to the part that you purchased? Thanks!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Mine is on stock Mojave for 15,000 miles no problem, not sure I ever will get sensor replaced. There have just been a couple posts about it also. Goggle Z automotive locker, get the OEM version they are about $179.00. Northridge off-road sells them also. The sensors are avalible now so taking it to a dealer is an option, although donā€™t drive too long as at a certain point the systems supposedly disables locker after too many lights come onā€¦..Jack

Last edited:

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is on stock Mojave for 15,000 mikes no problem, not sure I ever will get sensor replaced. There have just been a couple posts about it also. Goggle Z automotive locker, get the OEM version they are about $179.00. Northridge off-road sells them also. The sensors are avalible now so taking it to a dealer is an option, although donā€™t drive too long as at a certain point the systems supposedly disables locker after too many lights come onā€¦..Jack
If the dealers have an option and don't claim the regear is the cause, I'd definitely prefer to let FCA fix their design mistake instead of my footing the bill. Thanks! I'll call today to see what they say.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
In the past they could not get the sensor, so the fix was to replace the whole rear axle assembly including axles or not including axles, I did not want my truck torn apart for a sensor that only confirms that the locker is engaged. I agree perhaps dealer will change our sensor and hopefully that does not involve removing gears.

Last edited:

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I added the plug to mine last week and so far so good. The price out of pocket saved me more than the time and grief dealing with FCA.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
So after pulling my rv that weighs about 3800, my jeeps rear locker started flashing. I installed the z-locker oem and problem solved. Here's the link to it.

Good fix. I also have it on my rear diff. Also, I recommend you change your gear oil in the rear. The sensor issue is caused by metal powder entering the sensor. In general, The cleaner you keep the gear oil, the better off you will be.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Just had this happen to me while coming home from camping with our travel trailer. Started with the rear locker icon flashing and eventually led to the "service locker system" message and now both are on. I've read all the posts and have the Tazer bypass cables coming early next week but my question is twofold: first, is it safe to drive until the cables come in? Second, it has yet to actually throw a DTC; is that normal? Thanks all!

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Good fix. I also have it on my rear diff. Also, I recommend you change your gear oil in the rear. The sensor issue is caused by metal powder entering the sensor. In general, The cleaner you keep the gear oil, the better off you will be.
It's not metal powder getting into the sensor, but gear lube. The electronics in the sensor is not potted. Over a period of time. Lube may seep in and kill the electronics. There is a way to prevent this. I did it. Here's the link.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/locker-position-sensor-potting-dana-44.59581/

The sensor is easy to get to and replace. Take the diff cover off, remove a bearing cap bolt. Remove the bolt holding the sensor in place.

Power Wagons on the other hand. You had to remove the whole carrier unit, remove the ring gear to replace the sensor. The metal particles play hell with the sensor. You had to take a Q-tip to clean the gunk off.

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
Mine is on stock Mojave for 15,000 miles no problem, not sure I ever will get sensor replaced. There have just been a couple posts about it also. Goggle Z automotive locker, get the OEM version they are about $179.00. Northridge off-road sells them also. The sensors are avalible now so taking it to a dealer is an option, although donā€™t drive too long as at a certain point the systems supposedly disables locker after too many lights come onā€¦..Jack
šŸ¤Æ