Sponsored

K&N cold air intake

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
For those wondering just how bad K&N is here is some actual proof. It’s beyond bad.

Project Farm did a great test on this.

IMG_8357.png
Yes the filter on its own does not filter as well as stock paper filter does. It also flows significantly better than stock paper and helps the turbo spool up quicker. This has an additional foam filter on the lid. I’ve changed mine out with uni dirtbike foam and oiled it. There’s not much getting to the KN filter at this point. It still flows far better than factory which ons. Turbo engine is important.

Every dirtbike and utv/atv uses oiled foam filter alone and is fine in dusty dirty conditions.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the filter on its own does not filter as well as stock paper filter does. It also flows significantly better than stock paper
For a limited time. Test after test shows, proves, that the flow rate is only better for a short period of time - not long at all. Then it's more restrictive than almost any other filter. It doesn't take very long to reach that point and the whole time it's passing a lot more dirt.
But the fanboys and K&N marketing will keep on insisting it's better on the whole.

You believe what you want - I rely on science and ISO testing.

Barbarian

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jtur diesel 21
Occupation
Business
Ok heres some science and practical application exerience for you. I have been using K@N filters in both street and race cars for over 40 years. We are talking hundreds of filters. I’ve also rebuilt both Race and Street engines that have had these filters on exclusively.
Anyone who is an engine rebuilder would be able to see damage caused by dirt coming through the intake. I have never seen any of that kind of damage from any KN filter.
I will happily purchase that new cold air kit for my diesel from K&N and useit with complete peace of mind.!

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Holding out to see what S&B brings to the table.

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
For a limited time. Test after test shows, proves, that the flow rate is only better for a short period of time - not long at all. Then it's more restrictive than almost any other filter. It doesn't take very long to reach that point and the whole time it's passing a lot more dirt.
But the fanboys and K&N marketing will keep on insisting it's better on the whole.

You believe what you want - I rely on science and ISO testing.
Science and ISO testing can’t compete with the “whoosh”/eargasm brought on by a filter on a stick. :LOL:

Sduncan

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
I wouldn’t put a K&N on a worn out lawn mower. They are truly that bad.
Sponsored