Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Hello,
Anyone running the following?

S&B COLD AIR INTAKE 20-23 JEEP WRANGLER JL GLADIATOR JT 3.0L ECODIESEL

Product here
Pretty sure it just became open to order today. Will let you know between September 9th-11th when it gets to the house how it does- ordered with the dry filter and hood scoop. 🍺👍🏼. If anyone else beats me! Chime in, as I have been watching the “tooling will ship this month”,….. for MONTHS!!

OP
OP
Rubiman

Rubiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Pretty sure it just became open to order today. Will let you know between September 9th-11th when it gets to the house how it does- ordered with the dry filter and hood scoop. 🍺👍🏼. If anyone else beats me! Chime in, as I have been watching the “tooling will ship this month”,….. for MONTHS!!
Just out of curiosity, why did you go with that filter?

TestMule

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Director
I haven't run S&B intakes on diesel Jeeps before but I ran them exclusively on my Cummins powered Ram trucks. Very good quality, excellent fit, easy to install and maintain. Pedal response improved slightly-ish in each application.

I'd not hesitate to run 'em again if I ever get another diesel pickup.

I see they make one for my 3.6L Gladiator. I guess my wallet will get a bit lighter now.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Just out of curiosity, why did you go with that filter?
as jefe stated. Dust attracts/clings to the oil. Dry filter efficiency and flow was close enough.
The hood scoops should allow for significantly lower air intake temps too, since they will be functional vs esthetics (quite frankly I’m not a fan of the look at all…. But function > form.)

I have run s&b on side by sides racing in silt- good stuff…. It’s been a waiting Game for the 3.0 to release 🤯 so as soon as I got the email that they were available it was a done deal.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I just ordered mine. I’ll chime in once I get it installed.
Just a heads up- got this today at noon…. intake itself…dry filter :(

Jeep Gladiator S&B COLD AIR INTAKE IMG_1338

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
Wanted to add an update. There are different scoop kits. One for $199 part number AS-1015 which are just scoops…. When I plugged my vehicle information in this is what was recommended with the intake purchase.

AS-1014 $299 which is the intake intake connection for the 2.0 and 3.6.

I was not paying anywhere near this close of attention when I ordered and just received the wrong scoops.

Engineers are off for the day and won’t be back until Monday- Monday getting a follow up call in regards to a diesel specific scoop kit.

for me if there isn’t a scoop kit I might just cancel completely and go with a snorkel…. I wanted colder air intake temps than under hood draw. So for others I guess ensure you know before you buy.

Last edited:

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
I don't see the point. The Jeep has an OE cold air intake with a nice large filter element. This looks like it's at least keeping the OE cold air, but that filter is thinner than factory with less surface area. It's also an oiled pod filter, which I've never seen work better than a high quality filter element. They flow more air, but they do so by allowing more dirt and dust through. All my track bikes had race filters, but I'm not a fan of rebuilding an engine after every weekend.

The dust making it through the filter gets coated in oil as it goes through the filter and coats everything in the intake system in oily crud.

I just removed the previous owner's pod filter from the LJR and had to remove, clean, and rebuild the intake runner and throttle body to get all the crud off.

I have a graveyard of removed "race filters" from motorcycles and cars that I've put back to paper filters. I've never found a decrease in performance and in many cases the long term performance is better because things like the IAC valve don't get crudded up.

freebird_78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
I got mine in, but then left town for the weekend. I'll be installing probably tomorrow.

The reason I went with one was the surprising effect that an even slightly dirty OEM filter had. Threw a code, went into limp, etc. And the filter was barely dirty, not exactly caked up. I couldn't believe the filter was the source, but I changed it anyway, and everything cleared up, and it picked up a little pep. Figured if just a little bit of dirt could do that to the OEM, some additional surface area of a conical dry filter element can't hurt.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
What's the service life of their dry filter ?
Sponsored