First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Was just going through things I wanted to do with my JT to minimize the chances of theft, saw this post, ordered one today. Also agree on layers. I added the Bolt hood lock around Christmas. I also just ordered a Tazer Shield to go around my Tazer, as I'm also planning on turning on the pin lock feature. There's still the possibility of stealing the Jeep by going through the glove compartment and connections there, but if a pro wants your Jeep, they know the vulnerabilities and how to exploit them. Just make it harder for the stupid thieves.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I work for a defense industrial base firm (DIB) with DoD contracts, wanna talk layers of security - we got 'em. Many, many layers. And 100% agree that "insider" threat due to carelessness or getting fooled into something is the biggest issue. We require multiple "security" training sessions a year for staff. The hacking doesn't stop but much can be blocked and with constant refresher education people start new habits that are more secure. For Jeepers careful parking location choices, locking the vehicle (good habit), and any other layer you can afford like those mentioned in this thread. I think electro-shock would be a good one, but local authorities don't seem to like that on a parked vehicle. :)
Stun gun mounted in the bottom seat cushion. Probes pointing up, right at the balls. Triggered by starting the Jeep.

https://trailers.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/92c72d6d-d39e-4100-9e6d-7775ace76fcb

Dmag33

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
46 cj2a(sold) 80 cj7(sold) 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Wow, great info! Thanks
Look up MOBILISTICS smart relay, had one about four months. Just replace the starter relay and gives a small 2nd remote to start the vehicle after pushing the start button. Second remote has very short range but works every time from inside the vehicle. No wiring involved.

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
After reading many threads of folks here having their rigs stolen, itā€™s pretty appalling how easy it is to steal a Jeep. Found a reply that recommended the 41.22 kill switch and recently received mine.

Some folks on that thread asked I post my experience

Finally got it installed today - super simple and took about 45 minutes to make it tidy. Run a wire through the hole in the firewall, hook up a ground wire to the body, mount the control box and replace the relay. Adding a picture below so you can see a few of the details.

switch works as advertised.

Yes, I know this too can be defeated by a pro, but Iā€™ll wager most doing this are not pros and anything that makes it harder is a good thing.

check it out at https://41twentytwo.com/product/vehicle-kill-switch/

IMG_9764.jpeg
I'd replace the conspicuous switch with one that looks like a factory switch.

switch.JPG

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I'd replace the conspicuous switch with one that looks like a factory switch.

Jeep Gladiator Kill switch install from 41.22 switch.JPG
Some type of push button on top of the transfer case lever that is unmarked.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After reading many threads of folks here having their rigs stolen, itā€™s pretty appalling how easy it is to steal a Jeep. Found a reply that recommended the 41.22 kill switch and recently received mine.

Some folks on that thread asked I post my experience

Finally got it installed today - super simple and took about 45 minutes to make it tidy. Run a wire through the hole in the firewall, hook up a ground wire to the body, mount the control box and replace the relay. Adding a picture below so you can see a few of the details.

switch works as advertised.

Yes, I know this too can be defeated by a pro, but Iā€™ll wager most doing this are not pros and anything that makes it harder is a good thing.

check it out at https://41twentytwo.com/product/vehicle-kill-switch/

IMG_9764.jpeg
How long did this take for you to receive? I ordered one on 3/23 and still have not gotten a shipping notification. They donā€™t respond to chat, text, or phone either.

@Mightytalldude ordered one before I did by several days and hasnā€™t heard anything either.

Thanks.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I ordered mine 3/20 and on the 28th have a FedX tracking number. FedX is still waiting to receive the package??
I sent an email to 41.22 asking whatā€™s up??

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine 3/20 and on the 28th have a FedX tracking number. FedX is still waiting to receive the package??
Per their request on their site, I texted. Delivery confirmation as itā€™s an iPhone on their end and iMessage worked. No reply.

Sponsored

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Hookie Dina I got a quick email reply from them! Itā€™s only been 5 min when I wrote them. šŸ‘šŸ»

He said:
ā€œOur Fedex driver did not pick it up on Friday last week (never showed up). Iā€™m going to have one of our drivers manually drop it off at a Fedex center today. Sorry for the delay; the Fedex driver may have decided to take an early holiday weekend or something.ā€

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just used their site contact form to request status as well. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m creating a Facebook account to use their Facebook-hosted chat.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I just used their site contact form to request status as well. Thereā€™s no way Iā€™m creating a Facebook account to use their Facebook-hosted chat.
I just replied to the purchase confirmation/FedX tracking number email from them.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hookie Dina I got a quick email reply from them! Itā€™s only been 5 min when I wrote them. šŸ‘šŸ»

He said:
ā€œOur Fedex driver did not pick it up on Friday last week (never showed up). Iā€™m going to have one of our drivers manually drop it off at a Fedex center today. Sorry for the delay; the Fedex driver may have decided to take an early holiday weekend or something.ā€
Hmm. Glad to hear yours is on the way. Did you receive the tracking via email?

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Hmm. Glad to hear yours is on the way. Did you receive the tracking via email?
Yes and it was that email I replied asking why FedX doesnā€™t have the package yet. It was Easter so I understand holidays and catchup from the demand of other orders.
Sponsored