Sponsored

LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
I did this swap tonight on my sport S max tow and noticed that in the garage in the dark that my light seem to faintly do a pulsing. Not flickering or flashing but a faint pulsing. I noticed it against my white wall. I had the DRL on and headlights and fogs.
I can’t recall if it still does it without fogs on or not. I believe it may. Anyone have a faint pulsing of their lights?
Would changing jscan settings help with that ? Or does that sound more like power / alternator or something else.

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it was still bugging me this morning after sleeping on it, and decided to go see if revving up the RPM would cause it to stop. It did enough to cause the small pulsing to stop at idle.

I decided to just go ahead and change my JSCAN setting to LED to see what would happen. Changed the low beam first and then looked. Seems to have taken it away. These are on the beamtech 10000 bulbs. Interesting. I could still see my DRL barely doing it, but maybe not as noticeable now. (they are the canbus friendly ones everyone uses).

I went ahead and changed all my settings to LED. Low, High , DRL, Turn and Fog to the LED settings in JSCAN. Look again. Not noticing any more pulsating now.

When you do change to a LED setting in JScan, are they still performing or operating at their intended peak performance on the bulbs or does it take away some of the performance of the lights?

For now changing the settings to all LED seems to be good for me.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
it was still bugging me this morning after sleeping on it, and decided to go see if revving up the RPM would cause it to stop. It did enough to cause the small pulsing to stop at idle.

I decided to just go ahead and change my JSCAN setting to LED to see what would happen. Changed the low beam first and then looked. Seems to have taken it away. These are on the beamtech 10000 bulbs. Interesting. I could still see my DRL barely doing it, but maybe not as noticeable now. (they are the canbus friendly ones everyone uses).

I went ahead and changed all my settings to LED. Low, High , DRL, Turn and Fog to the LED settings in JSCAN. Look again. Not noticing any more pulsating now.

When you do change to a LED setting in JScan, are they still performing or operating at their intended peak performance on the bulbs or does it take away some of the performance of the lights?

For now changing the settings to all LED seems to be good for me.
What the LED settings in Jscan does is shuts off the pulse width modulation in the BCM for those bulb driver circuits. On halogen equipped vehicles, PWM is used to rapidly turn on and off the circuit (duty cycle) to extend bulb life. The duty cycle changes with current load, and LEDs are more susceptible to flickering if the duty cycle is too low, because an LED instantly goes out when power is removed from it, as opposed to a halogen “dimming to off”. The BCM is also sensitive to detecting the brief zero load when LEDs are pulsed off, so it might think a bulb is out. Here’s a screen grab of a factory equipped LED package configured BCM-
Ik5kZra.jpg

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What the LED settings in Jscan does is shuts off the pulse width modulation in the BCM for those bulb driver circuits. On halogen equipped vehicles, PWM is used to rapidly turn on and off the circuit (duty cycle) to extend bulb life. The duty cycle changes with current load, and LEDs are more susceptible to flickering if the duty cycle is too low, because an LED instantly goes out when power is removed from it, as opposed to a halogen “dimming to off”. The BCM is also sensitive to detecting the brief zero load when LEDs are pulsed off, so it might think a bulb is out. Here’s a screen grab of a factory equipped LED package configured BCM-
Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! Ik5kZra
Thanks for the extra knowledge. Still don’t understand why my truck seems to be a random for a wavy pulse like on my front lights when at idle. I don’t think they did it when they were all halogens. Not sure if I ever paid enough attention.
Either way the LED setting seemed to make it gone from what I can tell.

Sponsored

G_S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator
My set arrived today.

Maybe it Is browser.
But it looks the instal video is gone. Can some one please repost it.

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Got all of mine swapped this morning. Looks so much better. Excited to see it tonight.

Decided to give the yellow fogs a chance. Never had them before.

PXL_20210130_163520481.MP.jpg

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Got this email from Amazon yesterday.

Dear Amazon Customer,

We have learned of a potential safety issue that may impact your Amazon purchase(s) below:
HIKARI H13/9008 LED bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 6K Cool White Fog Light IP68
UPC/SKU: B07GKCNPD1
01/28/2021 - 112-9862393-6501053 - HIKARI H13/9008 LED bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 6K Cool White Fog Light IP68

More details, including how to determine if your purchase is impacted and what you should do next can be found in the following notification:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=21E002000

If you made this purchase for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com

LIghts are too bright and may blind oncoming drivers.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Got this email from Amazon yesterday.

Dear Amazon Customer,

We have learned of a potential safety issue that may impact your Amazon purchase(s) below:
HIKARI H13/9008 LED bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 6K Cool White Fog Light IP68
UPC/SKU: B07GKCNPD1
01/28/2021 - 112-9862393-6501053 - HIKARI H13/9008 LED bulbs, New Gen of Japanese CSP LED Tech, Adjustable Beam, Easy install, 6K Cool White Fog Light IP68

More details, including how to determine if your purchase is impacted and what you should do next can be found in the following notification:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=21E002000

If you made this purchase for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
Amazon.com
www.amazon.com

LIghts are too bright and may blind oncoming drivers.
Oh well. I'm keeping mine installed. They definitely aren't as bright as some others I've saw on the road.

Br4hm4

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT OE, 2016 Polaris Slingshot, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2018 Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Linux Engineer
I really need to install mine. I have the set sitting in my garage and they have been sitting for about 4 months.

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Oh well. I'm keeping mine installed. They definitely aren't as bright as some others I've saw on the road.
I am too. The remedy is they will give you new halogen bulbs. Lol...if I wanted halogens I wouldn't have bought LEDs.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
So I am looking for the H13 hikari headlights on Amazon and only see the fog lights. Does anyone have an updated link?

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
That's like putting HID bulbs into a halogen headlight, sure it's brighter but it's very dispersed and probably blinding other drivers. I know from experience as I used to do this back in the day.
Not if you invest in a good set. Morimoto 2stroke 3.0. Perfect cut off.

FC0F3D4C-B92C-44A5-B1CF-D9115089EECB.jpeg

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Added GTR switchback CK bulbs today.

Last edited: