Sponsored

LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

Deleted member 39643

Could one just pull the whole bumper off to have room to work? It's only 8 bolts.
I have the Sport model with plastic bumper, was following instructions in this video (its a JK but similar)

Found this video on removing the whole bumper, looks to be a lot of plastic removal and you still need to remove the bolts that I stripped. Maybe only swap your bulbs if you are replacing the whole bumper?
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Step 1: remove clips, super easy with clip removal tool

PXL_20210511_060651240.jpg

1621016795123.png

Step 2, nightmarishly long bolts that go into plastic retainers. They are very long, I used a cordless drill to pull em out as they got very tough using hand tools. As you can see in the 2nd photo the bolts go into metal retainers held in by a couple mm of square shaped plastic. Not sure why jeep couldn't just have a plastic clip in cover inbetween all these bolts for ease of access.

View attachment 155331
1621017812611.png

Step 3, the nightmare continues, now that you spent 30 min unscrewing unreasonably long bolts, you get about 3 inches of space to work with very soft fog light clips. I'm used to fog lights having a metal retaining clip, that is usually annoying to get out / in, but doesn't break, these clips were very frustrating to get out due to the limited space working with them. I believe the shape is symmetrical with a clip on both sides that needs to be pulled away from the housing enough to pull the bulb out.

1621018416425.png

Step 4, install new bulbs by pressing them into the socket, this worked pretty easy, and was simpler than installing bulbs with retaining clips, but everything up until installing the bulbs is awful. I ended up with another car project scar on my left arm and some sheered bolts. I had to cut a couple with the bold cutter to get them out. Might be worth a shop putting in bulbs if it is going to be this difficult.

1621018788250.png

1621018830870.png

1621017298679.png
I had no problem with those bolts in the fog light covers. They came right out. I also removed my air dam from the bottom. I had everything off in about 15 minutes. Not sure why those bolts gave you so much trouble. I used a air wrench though so maybe that's the difference. Removing the air dam fom.the bottom gave me easy access to the fog lights with getting any scraps or scratches.

SquirrelNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I have the Sport model with plastic bumper, was following instructions in this video (its a JK but similar)

Found this video on removing the whole bumper, looks to be a lot of plastic removal and you still need to remove the bolts that I stripped. Maybe only swap your bulbs if you are replacing the whole bumper?
I haven't pulled the bumper off my JT yet, but did a few times in the past on JKU's. Guess they must have made it more difficult now. 🤦‍♂️ Bummer.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
It sucks. You must remove the lower air dam. I tried it without. I was able to one of the upper air dams out and change the fog light but I couldn't reinstall the air dam until I removed the big lower one. Once it was removed, it was all straight forward.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Which rear turn signal bulbs are working without issues for you all?

Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! Screenshot_20210523-190819

These give me occasional rear turn signal out messages and hyperflash. I did use JScan to activate LED lights.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
You won't be disappointed. The Supernova V.4s are the best bulbs you can buy right now. And I can confirm that they are clocked properly right out of the box to work with the Jeep reflectors. Some "cheaper" LEDs may need to be clocked.

I'd put this beam pattern and light output up against the factory LED option 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Supernova low beams: Just look at that razor sharp cutoff.

Supernova fogs: Brighter than the noon day sun.

Screw Jeep's $1,000 package. These blow it out of the water.

You got links to both those?

AlienGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Anyone installed these to compliment the oricle oculus headlights?? Curious how that looks...
I didn't see if anyone replied to you. I have the Oculus Bi-LED headlights installed and just did the bulb switch on everything else today with some smoked LED taillights.

20210526_185950.jpg

20210526_190101.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't pulled the bumper off my JT yet, but did a few times in the past on JKU's. Guess they must have made it more difficult now. 🤦‍♂️ Bummer.
It is NOT difficult, especially with the really light stock bumper. It's easier with swivel and extension but I swapped bumpers by myself - including removing my stock bumper and installing the MOPAR style steel bumper. I fail to see where it's any issue at all. It was a bit harder to put the steel bumper on because of the winch plate and brackets getting in the way, but to R&R a stock bumper? Piece of cake.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Which rear turn signal bulbs are working without issues for you all?

Jeep Gladiator LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS! 20210526_190101

These give me occasional rear turn signal out messages and hyperflash. I did use JScan to activate LED lights.
Bump. These caused hyperflash even with JScan activating LEDs.

What rear turn signal bulbs are other people using?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Bump. These caused hyperflash even with JScan activating LEDs.

What rear turn signal bulbs are other people using?
I'm using the Sylvania Zevos 7443 in the rear in red. I also had that Alla lighting ones you posted installed but mine didn't hyperflash after the Jscan was set to led for the rears. The reason I switched was because the Zevos were brighter.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I'm using the Sylvania Zevos 7443 in the rear in red. I also had that Alla lighting ones you posted installed but mine didn't hyperflash after the Jscan was set to led for the rears. The reason I switched was because the Zevos were brighter.
I just installed these, still getting LED turn signal out message at start up.

In Jscan I set the various LED lights to active.

Am I missing something?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I just installed these, still getting LED turn signal out message at start up.

In Jscan I set the various LED lights to active.

Am I missing something?
Odd...
I didn't have any issues at all, even before setting LED bulbs with JScan.

Kevin

chithead

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Replaced the reverse bulbs with Sylvania 921 Zevo LEDs and have no issues. Looked at the ZEVO 7443R, but was apprehensive of buying them because of not wanting a hyper flash issue.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the reverse bulbs with Sylvania 921 Zevo LEDs and have no issues. Looked at the ZEVO 7443R, but was apprehensive of buying them because of not wanting a hyper flash issue.
I got the zevo 7443R in mine and have no Hyperflashing, they are brighter and look a little more crisp than the 921. I had the 921 first but I didn't care much for the way the lens looks. The 7443R really made those brake lights light up, like literally almost blinding.
Sponsored