Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
F*** the EPA. And if they can make the 5.7 and 6.4 Hemis pass in the Rams, it would be simple to put them in the Jeep.
Rubitrux is a 2hr ride from me and they put Hemi's in pretty much every Jeep on their lot. Pricey, but I've driven one and if the JT with the 3.6 V6 puts a smile on your face, one with 6.4 would put a permanent smile on your face. I'd even settle for a 5.7, but I still think it's got enough power for it's class but hell this america and you know how we feel about American muscle......

Jeep Gladiator LMAO Jealous people uN0DFNh

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
@Alabama Mud Machine

Jeep themselves actually answered this for us, no. The v8 drops right in like it was meant to fit but the packaging is so tight that a reasonable front crash will displace the engine right into your lap.

And drum roll please, the epa formula for permissable emissions and fuel economy is based on the physical area the vehicle which is why trucks have been getting fucking huge and why lots are full of dualie crews; big sloppy trucks aren't expected to be as clean and frugal. CAFE is still a problem but thats why they churn out shitboxes.

In conclusion jeep said they wont for safety and just because the engine passes in a ram doesnt mean it will pass in a smaller vehicle.0

Gploversr

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Toyota Tacoma, 2014 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Limited
Occupation
Network Architect / Manager
someone on a facebook group told me my gladiators not a real jeep I guess haters will hate LMAO

Yeah... I heard "fake jeep" from someone who was pissed they waved to a Gladiator.

I explained that I HAD a Wrangler, but evolved to a Gladiator. Also added that Gladiators are a more exclusive bunch than Wrangler owners because of the scarcity of the Truck.
And then I laughed....

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't aware 2 extra cylinders were tied to our manhood.

This has a V6.

FORD.png
It is, and that disconnected thinking is why men and manliness has become frowned-upon in this modern pussified anti-male society full of man-hating feminists and eunuchs.

And yes, I’ve cussed Ford ever since for putting that motor in that iconic car, and cresting that man-purse wearing abomination. That iconic car always had a 5.0L N/A V8 engine. And it should have remained that way.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Alabama Mud Machine

Jeep themselves actually answered this for us, no. The v8 drops right in like it was meant to fit but the packaging is so tight that a reasonable front crash will displace the engine right into your lap.

And drum roll please, the epa formula for permissable emissions and fuel economy is based on the physical area the vehicle which is why trucks have been getting fucking huge and why lots are full of dualie crews; big sloppy trucks aren't expected to be as clean and frugal. CAFE is still a problem but thats why they churn out shitboxes.

In conclusion jeep said they wont for safety and just because the engine passes in a ram doesnt mean it will pass in a smaller vehicle.0
Allow me to repeat myself for clarity... F**k the EPA!

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I built the main GT40 in the Fast Five movie. The guy at Fast Cars (production company) asked me what engine was in it. I said, "a mofo pushrod, solid lifter badass Ford small block V8. What else would you put in a damn GT40?" He laughed and said I guess that's why they changed the name to Ford GT.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
F*** the EPA. And if they can make the 5.7 and 6.4 Hemis pass in the Rams, it would be simple to put them in the Jeep.
If it was simple, they would be available as a factory option. Putting one in, to meet all the different government requirements, would require a redesign of the front end. Jeep chose not to do that, so you have to buy the engine and have someone else install it.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm afraid it's the other way around . . .
I live in Alabama...We don’t follow/require Fed emissions laws in this state. So while the rest of the country is getting bent over and raw-dogged by the EPA, we aren’t here. ;)
Sponsored