First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
Sales
Do they have a lunch box style locker for the front yet? Im also waiting on the truetrac for the rear. Just don't want to spend the money on ARB.
Sponsored

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
Why do you say e locker not for rocks?
Why do you say e locker not for rocks?
Ok first off sorry I mustā€™ve missed these comments! Hereā€™s where I came up with my statement, in the past the lockers would break due to one tire spins then catches good solid traction. I have never dealt with this personally because I had ARBs. But have witnessed it happening! Before I went with the arbs I was in the market for elockers and was told bu a reputable business owner. He sold me the arbs for the same cost of the elockers. I had them installed. After a few years of wheeling I witnessed this happening! Now that was a few years ago! And we had a couple guys with rubis that never had a problem..... so take it for what it is.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
Ok first off sorry I mustā€™ve missed these comments! Hereā€™s where I came up with my statement, in the past the lockers would break due to one tire spins then catches good solid traction. I have never dealt with this personally because I had ARBs. But have witnessed it happening! Before I went with the arbs I was in the market for elockers and was told bu a reputable business owner. He sold me the arbs for the same cost of the elockers. I had them installed. After a few years of wheeling I witnessed this happening! Now that was a few years ago! And we had a couple guys with rubis that never had a problem..... so take it for what it is.
From the logic you're using, an ARB should have the same problem. Both lock the axles 100% to each other. But I get what you're saying. This is a problem to worry about with any style of traction aid, whether it be an E-lock, an Air lock, a limited slip, a lunch box locker, etc. It's just nature of the beast.

TheNewWampsCat

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500
From the logic you're using, an ARB should have the same problem. Both lock the axles 100% to each other. But I get what you're saying. This is a problem to worry about with any style of traction aid, whether it be an E-lock, an Air lock, a limited slip, a lunch box locker, etc. It's just nature of the beast.
From what I saw and was told when the elocker was engaged one side wasnā€™t locked all the way by design and thatā€™s why it broke. Might be different with todayā€™s lockers though. Itā€™s been 10 or so years ago that Iā€™m talking about. And like I said the Rubicon didnā€™t have any issues at all..

Sponsored

MKLCV

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
does anyone have the link for the front and rear ARB kit for the sport?

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ā€˜95 YJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S on 39's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
I just wrote a 3 video series for the ARB lockers for sports. I have 1 sitting here and also have a Dana 44 35 spline ARB rd246 unit in the mail. I will be posting them on my youtube channel in the near future. I will be doing a first to market 35 spline shaft kit from a well known company. Cant wait to share more soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

It's Allgood

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1997 Jeep Wrangler
What's the average labor cost for front and rear ARB with air compressor already installed?

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Has anyone installed ARBs in a JT yet? I wrote ARB and they said both axles take RD245 so thats what I ordered. Hope they work!
I have the arb rd245 front and rd246 rear. But running bigger dana 60 sized shafts.

The rd245 front and rear is what you need for stock shafts.

MKLCV

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have the arb rd245 front and rd246 rear. But running bigger dana 60 sized shafts.

The rd245 front and rear is what you need for stock shafts.
Ok thanks!

Do you know is RCV makes a 32 spine axle shaft that will work with this setup? Couldn't tell on their site.

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tool Man
Ok thanks!

Do you know is RCV makes a 32 spine axle shaft that will work with this setup? Couldn't tell on their site.
Yes its the one for non rubicon with fad. At this time I have not seen a fad delete for the sport but dana makes an upgrade for us with fad delete for 750 dollars and chromoly shafts.
Sponsored