Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Here's the question. Where, in the RPM band do you want your boost? If you have 8psi to work with, do you want it starting a 2500 rpm (TVS) and hanging in that range to rev limit? Or, do you want absolutely no boost at 2500 RPM (centri) and have it gradually building to 8psi at rev limit? For a street driven Gladiator, it's an easy choice. Do you want your boost in an RPM band that you actually use on the street, or do you want little to no boost until an engine speed that you just rarely use on the street?

Forge the engine, add a big stall converter, big gears, big boost, meth and a centri may make sense. For a mostly heavy, mildly boosted, mostly stock street machine, a centri just doesn't make sense.

I really don't see the need for anything fancy with the by pass valve. It closes seamlessly when going from vacuum to boost. You can use the boost or not. Run a centrifugal up to 4500 rpm in neutral. It's making boost. Even though you're not moving and have no load on the engine. Do the same thing with a TVS. If there's no load, there's no boost. Which do you think is more efficient?
The 3.6 operates at near zero vacuum most of the time so the bypass is not as stable as normal. I love PD blowers I have had 5 modern and two old school
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 20200115_074619
Sponsored

old motorhead

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2013 Vette, 1969 Camaro SS, 2018 Silverado
Occupation
Retired rice farmer
The 3.6 operates at near zero vacuum most of the time so the bypass is not as stable as normal. I love PD blowers I have had 5 modern and two old school
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 20200115_074619
0 vacuum and it has a throttle body. Sounds like I need to learn something new here...which is always a good thing. Diesel engines have no vacuum when not in boost. I'm aware of that as I own more than a few. All turbocharged.

Even if the boost is applied too much too soon, how is that a problem vs no boost available below 3000 rpm on a street car? I'd still rather have a little too much that comes in too early vs none. You can let off the go pedal if your Jeep is making too much power. With a centri, no matter how hard you push the go pedal, it's not going to go faster at street level RPM. With no boost down there, you might as well be at stock level power.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it gets pretty complicated pretty quick. Jeep/FCA do alot of torque modeling( similar to a diesel)via air flow tables and the TB opening. Naturally aspirated they strive to stay out of vacuum VE Ranges. This makes things complicated for a vacuum operated bypass valve. With tuning the 3.6l will run there but it needs some training. You can try to stay out of boost with less pedal but the margin is thin

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Have you ever driven one or even been around one? I can choose no boost, mild boost, full boost, or anything in between, with just manipulation of the right hand pedal.
Yes I've built ,owned, driven them all from Terminator 93 Cobra to my 800hp Supra. In fact our parent company builds 1000hp Yenko Corvettes, Camaros, and the new Syclones at Specialty Vehicles in the same facility. https://specialtyvehicleengineering.com/

Sponsored

Keifer121

First Name
Keifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Can't wait to get a Supercharger for my JT, been saving for a bit, just trying to find a shop near me that installs them (Boo Canada)

henmar77

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I Have a gladi with 37s and 5:10. it was a pig when i first installed the 5:10s but its syncing up and starting to drive nice.I also live in the mountains and drive up and down the hill alot. What will i see in MPGs and highway RPMs? Anyone towed with it yet, how was that?

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Have a gladi with 37s and 5:10. it was a pig when i first installed the 5:10s but its syncing up and starting to drive nice.I also live in the mountains and drive up and down the hill alot. What will i see in MPGs and highway RPMs? Anyone towed with it yet, how was that?
I have 35s and 4.10s I tow a fair amount and it actually works well. My MPGs after 4500 miles is around 15. I run about 1900 2000 in 8th and about 2300 in 7th. I prefer 7th. I am contemplating 4.88 gears so 8th is up a bit
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 20200223_172951

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
anybody slap one of these on a manual transmission Gladiator? the gearing in this transmission sucks ass

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey
@LeftCoast32 and @TTEChris Not sure if you guys know the answer to this, but do you think UPR's (or Mishimoto's) catch can still be compatible with the magnuson supercharger?

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Superchargers are driven linearly, so they definitely don't come on like a light switch!

I would be more interested to see if there was a low boost option that doesnt require a intercooler.

Our kit comes on and accelerates like stock and is linear through the rpm range. With 1-2 lbs of boost coming out into traffic at part throttle without coming on like a light switch. I wouldn't hesitate to let my GF/wife drive with our Hamburger's kit.

old motorhead

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2013 Vette, 1969 Camaro SS, 2018 Silverado
Occupation
Retired rice farmer
I have 35s and 4.10s I tow a fair amount and it actually works well. My MPGs after 4500 miles is around 15. I run about 1900 2000 in 8th and about 2300 in 7th. I prefer 7th. I am contemplating 4.88 gears so 8th is up a bit
Jeep Gladiator Magnuson TVS1900 Kit Available Now 0717201918_HDR
How much do you think it's going to cost to do the gear swap? Have to buy two. Believe it or not, I bought a brand new S10 Chevy 4x4 that had 3.73's in the front and 3.42's in the rear. Couldn't tell anything was amiss until you got on hard pavement in 4wd mode. Go figure on that one. Yeah, they replaced one end or the other, apologized profusely, and extended the warranty on every part of the drive train behind the engine.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much do you think it's going to cost to do the gear swap? Have to buy two. Believe it or not, I bought a brand new S10 Chevy 4x4 that had 3.73's in the front and 3.42's in the rear. Couldn't tell anything was amiss until you got on hard pavement in 4wd mode. Go figure on that one. Yeah, they replaced one end or the other, apologized profusely, and extended the warranty on every part of the drive train behind the engine.
I would guess 2500+ if I manage to get the limited slip I want.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
@LeftCoast32 and @TTEChris Not sure if you guys know the answer to this, but do you think UPR's (or Mishimoto's) catch can still be compatible with the magnuson supercharger?
I don't see why it wouldn't work, but you would likely need to get creative with hose routing. I've been considering adding one to my JT if anyone wants to send me one to "try" it out :beer:
Sponsored