First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to ask!

My Gladiator was built in October of 2019. Today, based on the great information on this forum, I had the TSB 08-102-20 'Update ABS module' completed at the dealer. They did not charge me as they said it is covered under warranty.

Now, my question: what do I buy that will work?

Do I still need a controller harness with a diode? Do I still need to switch the wires on the supplied harness on the Redarc or Tekonsha units? Is the Mopar controller now OK to use?

Still very confused?

Thank you!
Having the ABS module TSB done is supposed to eliminate the need for a diode in the harness. The Mopar controller is okay to use, if you are willing to give up your 12volt outlet in the dash.
Sponsored

Rishstev

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
So frustrating I took my Jeep to winter haven Chrysler dodge Jeep this weekend. The service manager wanted to charge me for TSB 08-102-20 I told him it was covered by warranty as stated in the TSB. He proceeded to argue with me that that TSB is only covered if you had the controller installed from factory. Um, the TSB covers vehicles built on or before 1/8/2020 the controller did not come out until November 2020.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Hope you gave him what for...five even!!!

Rishstev

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I put it in but I have the tow package so it’s a plug and play. The TSB talks about even covering aftermarket controllers.

@Rishstev Did you put it in or or have the dealer do it?
So frustrating I took my Jeep to winter haven Chrysler dodge Jeep this weekend. The service manager wanted to charge me for TSB 08-102-20 I told him it was covered by warranty as stated in the TSB. He proceeded to argue with me that that TSB is only covered if you had the controller installed from factory. Um, the TSB covers vehicles built on or before 1/8/2020 the controller did not come out until November 2020.

Sponsored

Rishstev

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I called Jeep customer care, they agreed with me. They are assigning a arbitrator. I just won’t go to that dealer nor any of its affiliates. I have it scheduled to be done at Napoleons on Saturday. I explained the whole situation and they said as long as your within 3yrs 36k you are fine.
Hope you gave him what for...five even!!!

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I had trouble installing the Redarc in mine back in 2019. Had display acting up. I went to my dealer and they trouble shot it, switched the wires in the harness I messed up and didn't charge me. Said they were glad I choose them to purchase the Jeep.

Last edited:

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I called Jeep customer care, they agreed with me. They are assigning a arbitrator. I just won’t go to that dealer nor any of its affiliates. I have it scheduled to be done at Napoleons on Saturday. I explained the whole situation and they said as long as your within 3yrs 36k you are fine.
Hi @Rishstev,

We're sorry to learn about your poor experience. Were your concerns resolved after visiting Napoleon's?

Darlene
Jeep Cares

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Just installed mine....I lack the words to describe just how much of a pain in the ass the controller box was to install. Probably my fault, as the dead pedal mount I have blocked the lower hole. I thought about just zip tying the box up somewhere but decided "naw lets try to get it in the right way!". NEVER AGAIN lol.

ONHW3Ls.jpg

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to get the flash done today while I was getting my oil changed. They were willing to do it, but then came back later and said they couldn't do it unless the error code was there in memory.
That's simple. Start truck, foot off brake, push controller button while they are watching.
(assuming either the MOPAR or any third party controller is installed at that time)
That's what was fun - I was able to SHOW them. I said - now watch this.......and they did and they were connected for codes and saw the codes appear. And they could make it happen themselves at will.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine....I lack the words to describe just how much of a pain in the ass the controller box was to install. Probably my fault, as the dead pedal mount I have blocked the lower hole. I thought about just zip tying the box up somewhere but decided "naw lets try to get it in the right way!". NEVER AGAIN lol.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar factory trailer brake controller - my impressions and review ONHW3Ls
I have the MORE dead pedal, guessing you do to, snd yes… I said screw it snd zip tied mine.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
That's simple. Start truck, foot off brake, push controller button while they are watching.
(assuming either the MOPAR or any third party controller is installed at that time)
That's what was fun - I was able to SHOW them. I said - now watch this.......and they did and they were connected for codes and saw the codes appear. And they could make it happen themselves at will.
The controller hasn't been installed, yet. I tried to get the update done before I installed it. I ordered a harness without the diode in it, so they can see the problem after it's installed. I got the harness in there when I finished the Isolator wiring. Now I just need to get the controller in.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The controller hasn't been installed, yet. I tried to get the update done before I installed it. I ordered a harness without the diode in it, so they can see the problem after it's installed. I got the harness in there when I finished the Isolator wiring. Now I just need to get the controller in.
Gotcha - makes sense.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
Can someone save me the time of reading through 21 pages on this thing and give me the synopsis of what I need to install this? Are the initial issues resolved? 2021 JTR 6MT w/ tow package.

Thanks!

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone save me the time of reading through 21 pages on this thing and give me the synopsis of what I need to install this? Are the initial issues resolved? 2021 JTR 6MT w/ tow package.

Thanks!
Problems resolved. Simply install as you receive it. No need to turn on bracket. However it won't clear the clutch pedal so not listed for mt models
Sponsored