JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Admin Update:

The part # for the Mopar Trailer Brake Controller is
  • 82215652AB

Mopar Introduces New Factory-backed Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep® Gladiator

October 13, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar, FCA’s service, parts and customer-care brand, is enhancing the towing experience of the Jeep® Gladiator with the release of a new trailer brake controller.

The new Mopar trailer brake controller will give Jeep Gladiator owners the ability to activate the electronic brakes on properly equipped trailers. Independent from the truck’s brakes, the additional trailer brake control allows for greater stopping power when needed, such as on downhill grades, while helping to minimize wear and tear on both the trailer and vehicle. The amount of brake force on the trailer may be customized depending on load requirements.

“At Mopar, we continue to expand our comprehensive Jeep portfolio, which includes more than 500 factory-backed, quality-tested parts and accessories,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “Our new trailer brake controller improves Jeep Gladiator’s braking efficiency and maximizes safety when towing.”

The new trailer brake controller is easily integrated into the Jeep Gladiator’s instrument panel. Installed in front of the transmission shift lever, the round controller knob provides a consistent look and feel with the vehicle’s interior. The new controller may also be retrofitted into Jeep Gladiators that are already on the road.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar trailer brake controller has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $299. The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) Mopar Jeep Gladiator Trail Brake Controller Knob 1

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) Mopar Jeep Gladiator Trail Brake Controller Knob 2
Sponsored

Last edited:

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, they actually acknowledged the existence of the unicorn.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Mopar Introduces New Factory-backed Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep® Gladiator

October 13, 2020 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Mopar, FCA’s service, parts and customer-care brand, is enhancing the towing experience of the Jeep® Gladiator with the release of a new trailer brake controller.

The new Mopar trailer brake controller will give Jeep Gladiator owners the ability to activate the electronic brakes on properly equipped trailers. Independent from the truck’s brakes, the additional trailer brake control allows for greater stopping power when needed, such as on downhill grades, while helping to minimize wear and tear on both the trailer and vehicle. The amount of brake force on the trailer may be customized depending on load requirements.

“At Mopar, we continue to expand our comprehensive Jeep portfolio, which includes more than 500 factory-backed, quality-tested parts and accessories,” said Mark Bosanac, Head of Mopar Service, Parts and Customer Care, FCA – North America. “Our new trailer brake controller improves Jeep Gladiator’s braking efficiency and maximizes safety when towing.”

The new trailer brake controller is easily integrated into the Jeep Gladiator’s instrument panel. Installed in front of the transmission shift lever, the round controller knob provides a consistent look and feel with the vehicle’s interior. The new controller may also be retrofitted into Jeep Gladiators that are already on the road.

Available for purchase as a stand-alone part in the U.S. and Canada, the new Mopar trailer brake controller has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $299. The standard Mopar factory-backed warranty coverage includes two years/unlimited miles from date of purchase or up to the remainder of the new-vehicle’s warranty of three years/36,000 miles.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar Trailer Brake Controller for Jeep Gladiator Officially Released (Part # 82215652AB) Mopar Jeep Gladiator Trail Brake Controller Knob 2

Anyone know the actual part number?

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Good news, finally. I wonder what the labor cost at dealerships is for installation.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
I just ordered mine. Planning on installing it myself. Can’t wait. Right now I’m using a Bluetooth one and don’t like using my phone. Looking forward to having it cleanly mounted in the truck.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Now the REAL question - what does THIS one do that REDARC's controller cannot or does not do?

So it integrates into the instrument panel - uh, so does the Redarc controller.
It controls your trailer brakes independent of the truck brakes - uh, so does Redarc.
So, what's the difference and why is it better, in that Redarc also has a warranty?
Does it also trigger the trailer brake lights if you manually operate the controller, unlike any other controller?

Nice that it's genuine MOPAR part number, dealer can install, you can order it with the truck, etc. - but tell me please what's different?

I had always planned on getting the Mopar version, but at the time I was assuming it was somehow better, more options, etc.

The description on the web site moparonlineparts reads a whole lot like the Redarc controller.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if the 12V outlet can be relocated elsewhere, since this takes up that space?
Sure it can - you can put that outlet anywhere there's space - the wiring has some length and will almost reach to the glove box, so you should be able to mount it anywhere in the center area - as long as you can make a hole that size.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
My local dealer says that they were told 'hopefully the end of this month'.....
Anybody get a better answer than that?

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My local dealer says that they were told 'hopefully the end of this month'.....
Anybody get a better answer than that?
I just ordered mine. I will post when I get the shipping notice.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Now the REAL question - what does THIS one do that REDARC's controller cannot or does not do?

So it integrates into the instrument panel - uh, so does the Redarc controller.
It controls your trailer brakes independent of the truck brakes - uh, so does Redarc.
So, what's the difference and why is it better, in that Redarc also has a warranty?
Does it also trigger the trailer brake lights if you manually operate the controller, unlike any other controller?

Nice that it's genuine MOPAR part number, dealer can install, you can order it with the truck, etc. - but tell me please what's different?

I had always planned on getting the Mopar version, but at the time I was assuming it was somehow better, more options, etc.

The description on the web site moparonlineparts reads a whole lot like the Redarc controller.
For me it is the fit and finish. The Redarc one looks like an aftermarket add on and the Mopar one matches the existing dials and fonts perfectly. So the function is the same, the form is better. The redarc one looks like a pacifier to me. Not a big deal but I would rather spend a little extra and get the factory one.
Sponsored