Sponsored

Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I really like that load all. I used to throw my Harley in the back of my Ram but I plan to sell it. I will as considering a trailer but I would rather not. This looks like a good solution. How heavy is it? I would store it in my basement when not in use.
Sponsored

jtad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
It breaks down into two main pieces, not sure exactly what they weigh but two people could carry it into a basement.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
It breaks down into two main pieces, not sure exactly what they weigh but two people could carry it into a basement.
Can 1 person (me a some what strong man) carry it?

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
Sure wish our bike would fit in the bed...

DSC03044.JPG

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Did a test run with one bike.

Two bikes should fit but will be a very tight fit. I'll try that later with some help.

Jeep Gladiator Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed. 20210102_164849

Jeep Gladiator Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed. 20210102_164858

Jeep Gladiator Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed. 20210102_164928

I'm using a pro moto rack from CCR Sport. Ramps is a combination of a ReadyRamp and a Black Widow ramp. If you notice I'm also using rhinoramps to lift the front of the truck to lower the rear.

CCR Sport | ProTrack Moto Rack Black | Compact Size

Ready Ramp Truck Bed Extender - Ready Ramp

7' 10" Tri-Fold Arched Folding Motorcycle Ramp | Black Widow (blackwidowpro.com)

Lift | FloTool® #1 in Automotive Fluid Management (Rhinoramps)

Sponsored

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Owning a Duc and didn’t get the Firecracker Red JT?? Curious. Or let me guess,,,,,you also own a couple KTMs

kebler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
Project Management
Thanks for sharing. Sharp looking bike. I have have a Diavel as well. Amazing motorcycle! I haven't tried loading it on my Gladiator just yet. I noticed that your front tired is pretty close to your tonneau cover. I have the Bak hard rolling cover on mine and it is pretty wide when rolled up. Do you have much clearance to your tonneau? Additionally, are you using a wheel chock?

cbushek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Great pictures,
@c4nuck, you just strapped it down to the lower bed hooks, no wheel chock or peg (lock N Load type) ? Very sharp KTM's as well.
@JoseQ_80 , great to see more team Buell ; thanks for those links, that front wheel holder is a very nice setup. Did you use the ReadyRamp in bed extender configuration once loaded?

Sponsored

c4nuck

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JT
Occupation
Engineer
@cbushek I have a CCR protrack chock from my last truck, but I didn't see the need for it for the gladiator bed as the spray in bedliner adds enough friction to keep the tire straight. Also, the tire chock pushes the bike back even further which I saw as a drawback.

I run my straps from the bottom triple clamp down to the factory cargo hooks, and saw very little movement. They were short trips, if I was going further I'd probably run a couple more straps to stabilize.

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Great pictures,
@c4nuck, you just strapped it down to the lower bed hooks, no wheel chock or peg (lock N Load type) ? Very sharp KTM's as well.
@JoseQ_80 , great to see more team Buell ; thanks for those links, that front wheel holder is a very nice setup. Did you use the ReadyRamp in bed extender configuration once loaded?
Yes. The ready ramp is both a ramp and a bed extender. It's the best of both worlds.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Hope the mods and the admins are okay with this, I have three ZRXs, one for street, one for track, and one I'm in the process of restoring that a dear friend who passed left to me. The one being restored is a very odd build.

Jeep Gladiator Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed. 20201017_092844

Jeep Gladiator Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed. 20201017_092844
One of my favorite bikes ever. I had a Zephyr and restored a '78 KZ 650, but the ZRX is definitely on my list of wants!!

cbushek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I wonder if that CCR Sport wheel chock will fit the factory front rail in the jeep bed?

Jeep Gladiator Motorcycle (not a dirt bike) in the bed. CCR Chock.JPG

BCC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I've done a ton of motorcycle track days and cringe when I see people load and unload bikes from the back of trucks. Seen my share of tip overs. We all help each other out, but I can't imagine loading it myself at home.

So many other options... Uhaul rents open trailer. Kendon single or double bike trailers fold up and are storable in a garage. Then u have traditional enclosed trailers, etc. So available cheap on Craigslist.

I see the appeal of just using the truck, a quick search on utube for fails and you'd second guess it as well. Also seen tailgates fail after hitting a big bump.

YMMV...
I’ve loaded track bikes and dirt bikes onto pick-ups 100’s of times, trouble free. I just make certain the ramp is tied tight to the tailgate and ride the bike up. Same to take it off. The times I’ve seen problems is a/ the ramp falls or b/ no rider momentum.

Never had a tailgate fail. That would sux.
Sponsored