First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
I told them, " it's when one dude is into another dude with a jeep". If you keep a bunch of ducks on your dash then youre into alot of dudes, not just one.

Edit to clarify: I don't partake in the ducking with anyone regardless of gender. I think it could be a sign of the apocalypse.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift Happens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
Occupation
IT
Ha ha. I donā€™t get the whole duck thing. I see some folks driving around with a dash FULL of ducks, but a very plain Jeep. I know that they bought all those ducks themselves.
may be for giving out to other jeeps. Might as well display them if it's something you're into, until you find a jeep you like to give one to.

CarsonSurfs

First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DevOps Geek
Ha ha. I donā€™t get the whole duck thing. I see some folks driving around with a dash FULL of ducks, but a very plain Jeep. I know that they bought all those ducks themselves.
A lot of times they get bombarded with ducks at Jeep meet ups.

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Tell its part of the Jeep cult indoctrination

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Wife and I noticed the amount of ducks seems to be directly proportional to how stock your jeep is. Stock jeep, tons of dash ducks, basically ruined ducks for me at this point lol.
I've seen it both ways and honestly stock jeeps look pretty good compared to what some people do to their jeeps.

One odd thing though that happened just the other day was an older, early 2000's work truck was behind me. Iam thinking an f150 but couldn't be sure and he a row of ducks on his dash that I could clearly see in my rear view mirror.

The whole thing is weird to me and Iam surprised Harley guys aren't doing too by now.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I love the dash over flowing with ducks on bone stock jeeps LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Where would you put your ducks on a Harley?
Hot glue it on your leather seat where you sit, to keep it nice and warm. Or you could put it in your black leather saddle bags next to your diabeetus medication.

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
"My co-workers are asking "what are them ducks for in jeeps""

You should correct them. Do you mean "for what purpose are those ducks"? And then you should run.

The whole ducking thing seems a little strange to me. Waving, though, is like second nature because I grew up in the country and we waved at everyone, not just Jeeps, 'cause we knew who they were.

Deleted member 58561

I bought my Gladiator a few weeks ago. It is bone stock. Day two, I took it to Home Depot for a project Iā€™m working on. When I came out, there was a little polka dot duck seated on my door handle. I wondered what the heck that was for so I googled it. ā€œDuckingā€ was the answer I got. Iā€™m very a much a ā€œtoo each, his ownā€ kind of guy but letā€™s just say, Iā€™m not displaying cute little rubber duckies on my Jeep dash. My dog however, chewed itā€™s head off so I think heā€™s into the ducking.

Alan SOBX

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I bought my first Jeep in June. I always like to know what I am saying or what I am doing like "SNAFU" is a vulgar (not that I mind) expression from WWII while "balls to the wall" or "cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey" have nothing to do with testicles. Knowing Jeeps have the wave and the ducks, I read into why while passing the few months before I made my purchase:

- the Wave is from WWII. Usually low ranked soldiers were driving higher ranked people in what became known as a Jeep. The were supposed to salute but, getting shot at all day with no sleep, it became the two finger wave in lieu of a salute. I now do The Wave.

- the ducks came from someone in Canada who out a duck on someoneā€™s car (I think during COVID) and it made the personā€˜s day so they put it on social media and it went viral. A gesture of kindness like a "hello". Maybe it makes me an ass but I donā€™t do the ducks.

Of course, I got both of those explanations off a Google search so they may be BS or not-quite-accurate explanations. If someone has a tighter story, please correct mine.
Sponsored