Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
And remember
To a criminal
a gun free zone, is a target rich environment.

I'd suggest either the rear seat lock box, or one that goes under the front seat. I would avoid the center console one. IMHO, it will entice a thief to try and get into it and do more damage.
Sponsored

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
I have the Tuffy center console safe, itā€™s ok. Works great, install was simple but the level of security is an 8/10. Itā€™s open on the bottom and wedge up and in and screwed into place.

If I had to do it again, which I might, Iā€™d look for a fully enclosed safe bolted to something structural. With that being said locks only keep honest people out and if you gave me a demo tool and a bit of time with no intent to preserve any portion of that Jeep Iā€™m confident Iā€™d break into it in a few minutes regardless where or what itā€™s secured in.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
NO CCP here but I can't help but wonder why a vendor ( or home fab) has not come up with something high, attached to left or right upper cage, front windshield-center, even overhead sound bar/cage attached??? How about them center pods that connected from mid cage to front windshield for the TJs for CB/Radio mounts? Had some storage compartments in them. Don' be afraid to modify/build you won when nothing else exists that suits your needs.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Call Tuffy and tell get their ass in gear. This is JK.
Jeep Gladiator Need recommendations for center console gun safe 1670076989936

Sponsored

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I have a sandwich style safe with a cable that ties under the seat frame. I keep a checkbook and some cash in it for those rare times I go somewhere that requires it. I hardly use it and didnā€™t want to loose my console for everything else.

I tie it under the front seat and I tuck mine into rear pocket on my seat covers. Very hard to see itā€™s there.

For the summer with soft top and no front doors I move it to the rear seats and put it behind the seat and lock the seat back as well. But obviously you probably donā€™t want to be putting a firearm in a vehicle with no doors.

https://shop.opticsplanet.com/snap-...c9JshfLwEAxhN4GjoaHcJN91BRkhKVcBoC1Z8QAvD_BwE

SC Doberman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
You guys are missing his point. He carries. But he CAN NOT take the weapon into the building with him. So it has to stay in his JT until he leaves the building. I would get a lock box bolted under the rear seat.
Thank you! I was about to lose my mind reading this mess!

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Someone or someone(s) already said this but a lock box under the rear seat is a great option. Here's what I have:
https://www.hornady.com/security/lock-boxes/standard-lock-box-xl#!/
Jeep Gladiator Need recommendations for center console gun safe IMG_1606

I just used existing bolt holes in the floor and drilled the back of the lock box accordingly. Used a couple of big fender washers inside for better stability. Now since this picture was taken, I have done a Goose Gear rear seat delete but even with that I can still access it.

EDIT: I almost forgot...from Hornady the cable exits off of the left side, but I modified it to exit the right side for a cleaner install.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Didnā€™t you all see the Bourne Identity- I know that if I need a gun there will be one in the lifted 4WD in the parking lot with a donā€™t tread on me / Glock / NRA sticker.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Someone or someone(s) already said this but a lock box under the rear seat is a great option. Here's what I have:
https://www.hornady.com/security/lock-boxes/standard-lock-box-xl#!/
Jeep Gladiator Need recommendations for center console gun safe IMG_1606

I just used existing bolt holes in the floor and drilled the back of the lock box accordingly. Used a couple of big fender washers inside for better stability. Now since this picture was taken, I have done a Goose Gear rear seat delete but even with that I can still access it.

EDIT: I almost forgot...from Hornady the cable exits off of the left side, but I modified it to exit the right side for a cleaner install.
Note from thief-
Thank you for providing the access tool to your safe. šŸ”Ø

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Note from thief-
Thank you for providing the access tool to your safe. šŸ”Ø
FWIW, thatā€™s an old picture. The hammer is not there, itā€™s under the Goose Gear Platformā€¦and a bunch of other inhibitive deterrents that wonā€™t make it easy to break into. At the end of the day, any of these automotive lock boxes are only going to keep the honest people honest. I can only make it a little harder for someone who really wants to steal things.

But thanks for playingā€¦

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I carry on my person, but I do keep a holster inside the console in case I need it. I haven't mounted anything permanent there, but I might at some point. One of those coated magnets would work great, if you could get it to screw into something substantial, you have to use a lot of resistance to pull it away from the magnet and I would imagine that you might pull it right out of the plastic you've screwed it into.

I keep a pistol grip shotgun and a lock box under the rear seat, in case I need either one.

EDIT - in Texas, you can't have a gun out in the open, so one of those mounts on the dash ain't gonna cut it here.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
EDIT - in Texas, you can't have a gun out in the open, so one of those mounts on the dash ain't gonna cut it here.
WHAT? I thought a window gun rack came standard issue with any truck in Texas!