Need recommendations for center console gun safe

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Wow. At some point people should decide if they actually care about others.
I care about myself and my family and my property first and foremost. If that's all good and I see someone else in a threatening situation and think that intervention might save them then I'll make a judgement call.
Wear a "Summit Dan" name tag and I'll know what to do.

I'm not sure what got you off on the mass shooting tangent in this thread, but the majority of criminally enacted deaths and injuries, whether from guns or other means, are not mass shootings.

Furthermore, most criminal shootings are carried out by recidivist criminals who've been in the hands of "the professionals" several times over and released several times over before they've escalated to the level of violent felons.

Ask them why they don't care about others. Maybe you'll make a breakthrough and crack the great mysterious code as to what the true root causes of their behavior might be.
Meanwhile, as long as it's raining I'm carrying flood insurance.

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy
I was a law enforcement officer. Carried for many years. I own one still locked up at home. I no longer carry out and about. The chances are higher of a stray bullet hitting a bystander than saving the day when one CCWs. Not saying dont carry. Just remember that.

People say…oh I have been through stress scenario training. I know how to use it….No one can understand the real life gun out scenario unless you have been there. I have. It was my job. I am sure we have military veterans on the forum that have.

My fellow officer and friend was shot over 15 times. My sergeant was shot in the chest with a shotgun. Your vision closes in and the first shot kills your hearing. Everything around and behind your target blurs out.

Anyway, Avoid a console box since of the two best that are out, once seen a burglar will work to pry open. They are not secure on all 4 sides inside console. Since you CCW on your person then lock in car at work and go back to on person carry once you are back to car, go with a proper gun safe designed to be bolted/secured under the seat since you are not trying to do a quick access to the locked case in car.
…what…?

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I care about myself and my family and my property first and foremost. If that's all good and I see someone else in a threatening situation and think that intervention might save them then I'll make a judgement call.
Wear a "Summit Dan" name tag and I'll know what to do.

I'm not sure what got you off on the mass shooting tangent in this thread, but the majority of criminally enacted deaths and injuries, whether from guns or other means, are not mass shootings.

Furthermore, most criminal shootings are carried out by recidivist criminals who've been in the hands of "the professionals" several times over and released several times over before they've escalated to the level of violent felons.

Ask them why they don't care about others. Maybe you'll make a breakthrough and crack the great mysterious code as to what the true root causes of their behavior might be.
Meanwhile, as long as it's raining I'm carrying flood insurance.
Keep reading fringe news organizations to justify your decisions. And I hope your garbage statistics keep your conscience clear, since you clearly care more for your right to carry that you do for your fellow citizen. And if I get banned for calling out garbage, so be it. I’m expressing my opinions without profanity, and without any mention of politics.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
When you have a hole in your back from 9. Your whole outlook on life changes. You never want to go through that again.

Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?
Keep reading fringe news organizations to justify your decisions. And I hope your garbage statistics keep your conscience clear, since you clearly care more for your right to carry that you do for your fellow citizen. And if I get banned for calling out garbage, so be it. I’m expressing my opinions without profanity, and without any mention of politics.
You're doing a great job. I'd be disappointed if you were to get banned over any of the things you've said here.
I treasure your right to have and to express misguided opinions even moreso than I do my right to defend life and property.

I'm not sure what fringe publications you're referring to. I was mostly thinking about the Constitution of the United States.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
My reasoning for under the rear seat is. If someone broke into the JT. The center console is one of the first places they look. If the thief has some tools. He might not open the Tuffy, but he will do some damage to the console. Under the rear seat. Most thief's hardly look there. They look at the glove box, center console, anything laying on the floors, under the front seats, and on the rear seat. I don't keep nothing of value in the center console, or glove box. Neighbor's car got broken into at work a few months back. They pried open the locked glove box and locked center console. All they got for their trouble was a bunch of change. But they did $1,800 in damages.

I carry too. If I can't take it in with me. It goes under the rear seat.
An ideal spot in a Gladiator is behind the rear seat—since the seat itself is keyed with locks. If someone made a behind the seat lock box for a pistol or even an SBR or pistol with brace that would be great. The factor underseat box is obvious and shows locking handles to pry. There are some aftermarket under rear seat storage options that have locking capability (with some cutting/work) and no handles, so the seat bottom is essentially the lid. There are options. I wouldn’t leave my firearm in a vehicle on a regular basis. I work in a government facility so I can’t bring it work anyway.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Last edited:

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
People Work?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800

Tupacshakur

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I was simply asking for you not to keep feeding the monster. Otherwise you're going to get this thread locked.
Good luck, they couldn't even make it 6 posts in this thread...

Oh and welcome to the internet 👋 🤣

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
Was this thread asking for your opinion about CCH? No? Then why are you giving it?

Back to the topic at hand, I have a coated magnet screwed into the console for my Sig 938 and a magazine. Obviously the console isn’t “secure” so buyer beware, I mostly use it for when I’m in the vehicle. My Sig barely fits so I question how much space there is within the center console safe. For a true lockbox I would look towards the single gun safes with a biometric lock that could be cable locked under the driver’s seat but still provide somewhat quick access.
Sponsored