Sponsored

gladtohaveit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE
Welp, I am in the same boat as 50% its seems where the dealership just doesn't want to do it. Dropped mine off this am because they refused to order the part without me being there in person. The service manager then told me I "didn't understand how a TSB works" and they have to run a diagnostic before ordering a part per the TSB. I pointed to the line that says if the customer describes and he just ignored it. I told him that if he needs to run that per the steps that is fine and then what happens if it comes back as a non issue for them. He said he can't do anything about it to which I said "then why did FCA put this line on here then?" He just ignored it again. I LOVE my truck, but every time I have to interact with anything Jeep brand related outside of my truck it just sours the relationship for me further.
Sponsored

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Anybody that needs a no hassle dealership on this check out Bayside in Diberville, Ms.

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Based on the call I just had with my service department, I don't expect much help from them. I was asked to bring it in and leave it (for the whole day) for them to diagnose the issue. It was also explained they are not getting any inventory and aren't "allowed" to order the part.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Based on the call I just had with my service department, I don't expect much help from them. I was asked to bring it in and leave it (for the whole day) for them to diagnose the issue. It was also explained they are not getting any inventory and aren't "allowed" to order the part.
So, with your last sentence in mind, they're gonna help you how? Sounds like a cop out on their part...good luck...

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
So, with your last sentence in mind, they're gonna help you how? Sounds like a cop out on their part...good luck...
Exactly, they are basically not helpful at all. They want me to come by so they can "document" the issue. I guess b/c as the driver of the vehicle, I don't know any better. And I can "be in line" for when they can order them again.

Am I mistaken that they are building all the 2021 Wranglers and Gladiators with the upgraded parts?

Sponsored

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Exactly, they are basically not helpful at all. They want me to come by so they can "document" the issue. I guess b/c as the driver of the vehicle, I don't know any better. And I can "be in line" for when they can order them again.
Or better yet, find another dealer and try to get it done now?

Gadgetech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Or better yet, find another dealer and try to get it done now?
2 out of 3 have said the same thing. Get on the waiting list (30 deep at the last dealership I spoke to). Still waiting to hear back from the 3rd.

ETA: The 3rd dealership says they only refer to that TSB if it the steering is worse than what they expect it to be based on their experience.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
2 out of 3 have said the same thing. Get on the waiting list (30 deep at the last dealership I spoke to). Still waiting to hear back from the 3rd.

ETA: The 3rd dealership says they only refer to that TSB if it the steering is worse than what they expect it to be based on their experience.
Well...get on the list at least...it'll eventually work down. Also, there's likely that many on their list because they're much more interested in working with their customers and having them satisfied. Finally, sounds like the dealership with the long list is going to have a LOT of experience fixing the problem and will be good at it - I think that's who I want to have working on my Jeep anyway. Trade some delay in the fix for long term good results! My $.02

Bradt530

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I called my local dealership last week and left a voicemail with the service department expressing my experience with my Gladiator’s steering and mentioned the TSB number as a fix for it. I was expecting to have the typical dealer response of ‘prove it’ to get the steering box replaced. When the dealer service employee called back I had a short conversation with her where she verified the TSB. She noted my concerns, addressed them, and to my surprise, put me down on their backlog of JTs waiting for steering parts (I’m 4th on the list) and repair work, all over the phone. She was honest about the slow down in parts and let me know they would tackle the work once my replacement had arrived. I can honestly say that was the easiest dealer repair conversation I’ve ever had! So far, Nyle Maxwell in Austin, TX. really went above and beyond with their efforts to make my Jeep right!
I took mine in to MacHayk after making an appointment and describing the problem only to be told I couldn't wait on it and that they may not get to it because it was a Friday???? . So we made another appointment with arrangements to leave it all day. 1 hour after I dropped it off they called and said I could pick it up and that yes it was the service bulletin I gave them a copy of.
I should call back in a month and see if the part was in...What no waiting list I guess if you happen to call the day the part comes in you get it. I called back a month later and was told call back in a month. I ask where I was on the waiting list. The reply was there wasn't a waiting list. I asked so when the part comes it you will call. No they don't keep a waiting list but there are a few more that are having the same issue...WTF.
I may have to start Taking it to Nyle for service and it's closer to my job in Cedar park...Nice to know Nyle treats customers like that. I bought two Dodges from Maxwell in Taylor and always had a pleasant experience with them.

gladtohaveit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE
Update, I called to get an update on the diagnostic, service, and software update after 5 hours to be met with the same argument and essentially being told I needed to come pick my vehicle up and go elsewhere. On my 20 minute drive over, I called another dealership who knew exactly what I was talking about, understood the issue as they had the same repair made and said it “makes a world of difference”. They already have me on the list to get the part ordered and just need me to bring my truck in to drive it up and down the road to say they ran the diagnostic. Part will get ordered on 11/27 and fixed by Christmas. This is how easy is should be for all of us.

Sponsored

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Took my Gladiator with Mopar lift and bigger tires (37” BFG KO2) to my local Jeep dealer here in Maryland yesterday afternoon. While speaking with the service associate about my Gladiator and inquiring about having the steering tsb conducted because of it wandering at higher speeds, I notice a gentlemen leave his office, go out to the bay where my Gladiator was, and begin opening my door and looking at my tires.

At this point, I politely ask the service associate, “Who is that guy?” She says that he is the Service Manager. I say ok, and wait for him to come back in. He comes back in and says the TSB won’t fix the problem, it’s my tires. He asks if my Gladiator lift and tires were professionally installed, I inform him that they were and an alignment was conducted. (I had brought the receipts and a copy of the tsb with me.)

He asks if I purchased the Gladiator at this particular dealership, I say that I did not, however I have purchased a Jeep from this dealership before and had work done by the service department before at this dealership because they are closer to my home.

He says that he will not replace the steering gear, that even if he did, it wouldn’t fix the problem because of my tires. He said I should go back to dealership I purchased it from and ask them to do it. I say, there are Jeeps on your lot with BFG KO2s tires on them, are you saying the tsb wont fix them because they have BFG KO2s tires on them? He responds that he will not do the work at this dealership. I ask is he worried that if he does the work and it doesn’t fix the problem I will be upset and complain, he says, “Yes”.

I explain that the tsb specifically says that if a Galdiator or Jeep is lifted within service spec, then the tsb can still be performed at any Jeep dealership. He says he is aware of the TSB, he will not do the work, I need to contact the dealership that sold me my Gladiator. I say ok and leave.

Now, I have several issues with this. I am considering reaching out to Jeep Cares, but not sure I want this dealership to do the work, based on the way I was treated. This Service Manager never introduced himself. He opened my car without asking or saying something first, he was adamant that it was my tires, yet couldn’t explain how other Jeeps on the lot with the same tires would be fixed if the tsb was performed. Lastly, why do I have to drive back to the original dealership, when this dealership is literally 5 minutes from my house. I can’t help that the Jeep I purchased was not on this dealerships lot when I was looking for a Gladiator, or I would have purchased it from them.

So, as many of you have mentioned, customer service is gone the moment you buy the Jeep.

For what it’s worth, I have left a message yesterday at the Jeep dealership I purchased it from and have not heard back from them either.

I have owned 16 Jeeps in my time, I still have an 86 CJ7, I have always been loyal to the brand, but I must say I am very disappointed in Jeep’s lack of customer service.
WHO IS THIS DEALER???? I am looking at a Mojave in Owings Mills, MD....not real far from you.

lppd45

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon M/T, 1966 Deville convertible, 2013 Jetta TDI M/T, 2003 Road King, and 2016 CVO Street Glide
Occupation
Retired
I picked mine up today from having the problem fixed. I knew as soon as got the JT that there was an issue and that was confirmed after I joined this forum. I bought mine from Bob Weaver in Pottsville, PA. They are a small dealer. I called them about the issue about three weeks ago, took it in so they could drive it. It's now repaired and drives like it should have from the factory. I hope everyone else can get the issue corrected as easily as I did.

BigOrangeCat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, I am in the same boat as 50% its seems where the dealership just doesn't want to do it. Dropped mine off this am because they refused to order the part without me being there in person. The service manager then told me I "didn't understand how a TSB works" and they have to run a diagnostic before ordering a part per the TSB. I pointed to the line that says if the customer describes and he just ignored it. I told him that if he needs to run that per the steps that is fine and then what happens if it comes back as a non issue for them. He said he can't do anything about it to which I said "then why did FCA put this line on here then?" He just ignored it again. I LOVE my truck, but every time I have to interact with anything Jeep brand related outside of my truck it just sours the relationship for me further.
FYI - They don't HAVE to run a diagnostic. When they do the service, they are checking for a specific sales code and if it happens to be there, it needs to be cleared. For mine, simply walked them through the TSB, parts were ordered and the work was done. Makes a huge difference. Might be time to shop a new dealer.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
FYI - They don't HAVE to run a diagnostic. When they do the service, they are checking for a specific sales code and if it happens to be there, it needs to be cleared. For mine, simply walked them through the TSB, parts were ordered and the work was done. Makes a huge difference. Might be time to shop a new dealer.
My shop boss ask me one question per the TSB (about ride quality) and checked the vin of my truck. 3 weeks later my JT was repaired. No muss no fuss and certainly no trying to get out of the job by my dealership. Significant improvement. I honestly did not know how bad the steering was until after the steering box replacement.
Sponsored