Sponsored

JRegister

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S w/Max Tow
Wow, that is crazy! After 2 months I would be beyond livid. Are they providing you with a loaner? My dealership gave me a Renegade but that is too small for my needs. Hopefully Jeep covers getting me into a vehicle that is similar while me Jeep is out.
Yea, it's getting very, very old...

And nobody seems to know when the parts are going to get in. The dealership said parts should have been in last week. Jeep says they'll be coming in a week or two.

They are providing me with a loaner. They didn't have any Gladiator loaners. They gave me a Dodge Journey. I could have rented elsewhere and then get reimbursed, but didn't want to deal with the hassle of going somewhere else.
Sponsored

BobR

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Armed Security
The TSB was installed yesterday at the dealership on my JT 2020. I noticed the difference as soon as I started moving. Hopefully, no other issues...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
They told me due to the creaking noise in the steering they highly recommended I not drive it until it was fixed. They said it could potentially cause an accident if something happened with the steering box.
Imagine that - it used to be just a ā€œJeep thingā€. Now itā€™s dangerous...

Ols5370

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland. BMW X4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrical worker
Went to dealer today for 1st oil change tire rotation and TSB. Thought I was going to have issue because of lift/aftermarket tires and wheels etc. but nope. Service done free of charge with wave and parts ordered for steering box. Very pleased

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Darlene
First forgive my frustration. First time I have ever spent over 50 grand for a vehicle. I am just curious how can Jeep dealerships treat people this way. This thread is 106 pages of hundreds of people saying the same thing. The dealership was their best friend the day they bought the jeep. Where is that friendship now. I went and had mine looked at and have been told they are on back order. I get on here and see people getting them week later. If Jeep cares then why are people going through this. Why are these taking so long to get fixed? This is my 15th jeep in 20 years and none of them steer like this right out of the showroom.
Hi @Nespeezy,

If you would like assistance, please feel free to send our team a PM. We are sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with your dealer up to this point.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

BigOrangeCat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up my JTU from the dealer - John Hiester Jeep / Chrysler / Dodge / Ram in Sanford, NC. Never had any issue getting the work done. Showed them the TSB and they ordered the parts. One small mishaps, at first it seemed it came in within a week. Upon further comparing part numbers, it was for the JLU. Parts Manager took care of this, ordered right part number and it is driving great. Actually better than the brand new RAM they gave me as a loner. This really made a big difference in feel, holding a line, and precision. Rather happy with the outcome.

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Took my Gladiator with Mopar lift and bigger tires (37ā€ BFG KO2) to my local Jeep dealer here in Maryland yesterday afternoon. While speaking with the service associate about my Gladiator and inquiring about having the steering tsb conducted because of it wandering at higher speeds, I notice a gentlemen leave his office, go out to the bay where my Gladiator was, and begin opening my door and looking at my tires.

At this point, I politely ask the service associate, ā€œWho is that guy?ā€ She says that he is the Service Manager. I say ok, and wait for him to come back in. He comes back in and says the TSB wonā€™t fix the problem, itā€™s my tires. He asks if my Gladiator lift and tires were professionally installed, I inform him that they were and an alignment was conducted. (I had brought the receipts and a copy of the tsb with me.)

He asks if I purchased the Gladiator at this particular dealership, I say that I did not, however I have purchased a Jeep from this dealership before and had work done by the service department before at this dealership because they are closer to my home.

He says that he will not replace the steering gear, that even if he did, it wouldnā€™t fix the problem because of my tires. He said I should go back to dealership I purchased it from and ask them to do it. I say, there are Jeeps on your lot with BFG KO2s tires on them, are you saying the tsb wont fix them because they have BFG KO2s tires on them? He responds that he will not do the work at this dealership. I ask is he worried that if he does the work and it doesnā€™t fix the problem I will be upset and complain, he says, ā€œYesā€.

I explain that the tsb specifically says that if a Galdiator or Jeep is lifted within service spec, then the tsb can still be performed at any Jeep dealership. He says he is aware of the TSB, he will not do the work, I need to contact the dealership that sold me my Gladiator. I say ok and leave.

Now, I have several issues with this. I am considering reaching out to Jeep Cares, but not sure I want this dealership to do the work, based on the way I was treated. This Service Manager never introduced himself. He opened my car without asking or saying something first, he was adamant that it was my tires, yet couldnā€™t explain how other Jeeps on the lot with the same tires would be fixed if the tsb was performed. Lastly, why do I have to drive back to the original dealership, when this dealership is literally 5 minutes from my house. I canā€™t help that the Jeep I purchased was not on this dealerships lot when I was looking for a Gladiator, or I would have purchased it from them.

So, as many of you have mentioned, customer service is gone the moment you buy the Jeep.

For what itā€™s worth, I have left a message yesterday at the Jeep dealership I purchased it from and have not heard back from them either.

I have owned 16 Jeeps in my time, I still have an 86 CJ7, I have always been loyal to the brand, but I must say I am very disappointed in Jeepā€™s lack of customer service.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Took my Gladiator with Mopar lift and bigger tires (37ā€ BFG KO2) to my local Jeep dealer here in Maryland yesterday afternoon. While speaking with the service associate about my Gladiator and inquiring about having the steering tsb conducted because of it wandering at higher speeds, I notice a gentlemen leave his office, go out to the bay where my Gladiator was, and begin opening my door and looking at my tires.

At this point, I politely ask the service associate, ā€œWho is that guy?ā€ She says that he is the Service Manager. I say ok, and wait for him to come back in. He comes back in and says the TSB wonā€™t fix the problem, itā€™s my tires. He asks if my Gladiator lift and tires were professionally installed, I inform him that they were and an alignment was conducted. (I had brought the receipts and a copy of the tsb with me.)

He asks if I purchased the Gladiator at this particular dealership, I say that I did not, however I have purchased a Jeep from this dealership before and had work done by the service department before at this dealership because they are closer to my home.

He says that he will not replace the steering gear, that even if he did, it wouldnā€™t fix the problem because of my tires. He said I should go back to dealership I purchased it from and ask them to do it. I say, there are Jeeps on your lot with BFG KO2s tires on them, are you saying the tsb wont fix them because they have BFG KO2s tires on them? He responds that he will not do the work at this dealership. I ask is he worried that if he does the work and it doesnā€™t fix the problem I will be upset and complain, he says, ā€œYesā€.

I explain that the tsb specifically says that if a Galdiator or Jeep is lifted within service spec, then the tsb can still be performed at any Jeep dealership. He says he is aware of the TSB, he will not do the work, I need to contact the dealership that sold me my Gladiator. I say ok and leave.

Now, I have several issues with this. I am considering reaching out to Jeep Cares, but not sure I want this dealership to do the work, based on the way I was treated. This Service Manager never introduced himself. He opened my car without asking or saying something first, he was adamant that it was my tires, yet couldnā€™t explain how other Jeeps on the lot with the same tires would be fixed if the tsb was performed. Lastly, why do I have to drive back to the original dealership, when this dealership is literally 5 minutes from my house. I canā€™t help that the Jeep I purchased was not on this dealerships lot when I was looking for a Gladiator, or I would have purchased it from them.

So, as many of you have mentioned, customer service is gone the moment you buy the Jeep.

For what itā€™s worth, I have left a message yesterday at the Jeep dealership I purchased it from and have not heard back from them either.

I have owned 16 Jeeps in my time, I still have an 86 CJ7, I have always been loyal to the brand, but I must say I am very disappointed in Jeepā€™s lack of customer service.
call the GM and complain!

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
call the GM and complain!
With insane behavior like what that service manager did, I always question how bad their boss is to make them behave like that.

Could always be a lone nut, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the service manager has a role model of behavior somewhere higher up the chain.

Last edited:

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
With insane behavior like what that service manager did, I always question how bad their boss is to make them behave like that.

Could always be a lone nut, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the service manager has a role mode of behavior somewhere higher up the chain.
That was my thought too.

Sorry my narrative was so long, just needed to share my experience. Funny thing, I still donā€™t know that service managers name...

Sponsored

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
That was my thought too.

Sorry my narrative was so long, just needed to share my experience. Funny thing, I still donā€™t know that service managers name...
It sucks, but Iā€™m glad you shared it.

On the downside, stories like that completely reinforce peopleā€™s concerns about dealersā€”apart from the expected shitty sales tactics, I think owners often expect having to get into a fight just to get warranty/tsb/recall services.

On the upside, hearing specifics about the kinds of challenges you, and others, have had to go through just to correct a known, verified, and addressed (via tsb) issue can help us all be better prepared for those unfortunate and unnecessary ā€œfightsā€.

To their credit, it seems Jeep Cares monitors this forum and this thread, so maybe they will be able to help you out.

It must be so frustrating to be an auto manufacturer and not be legally allowed to sell directly to the consumerā€”to have to navigate the headaches of all these customer complaints and experience issues through an insane network of third party dealers with their own service businesses seems like a recipe for a completely varied and off-brand experience.

Can you imagine how frustrating it is for FCA to, everyday, be inching closer and closer to a safety-concern recall just because this network of crazy service managers canā€™t seem to professionally, courteously, and discreetly carry out a simple tsb?

I feel bad for you, and I feel bad for Jeep/FCA. I hope you get things settled with your dealer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
After dealing with lose steering and a creaking noise when I would start to turn the wheel in either direction, I scheduled my Gladiator to be checked for this issue. I dropped it off at the dealership yesterday and was told that I need the new steering box and that my Gladiator was unsafe to drive. My dealership said it would be at least two weeks before they get one in.

This is my first Jeep and I LOVE my Gladiator, but Iv'e never had to have anything fixed like this on a new car within the first three months of ownership.
Talk to the million+ Mercedes owners when their sun roofs fly off on the highway.........
It's not common to have problems like this, but certainly not restricted to these.

DobaMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 23 JL Sahara 4xe
Crap rolls downhill.
FCA treats dealers poorly (reducing pay on warranty work vs. customer paid work where they legally can). FCA sources cheap parts even on expensive vehicles which kicks the problem to the dealer from the manufacturer.
Then the dealer treats the customer poorly and we wonder why.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer

Man...this kind of treatment really sucks and is COMPLETELY unnecessary! As you mention in your post, "...not sure you want this dealership to do the work...", would absolutely be my position as well. I just flat wouldn't trust them. No amount of convenience accessing the dealer would make that risk worthwhile. Especially when I, and so many others on this thread have had successful repairs and positive experiences with their dealers. There are dealers out there who value their customers and want your business, who see fixing your issue at a lower reimbursement rate as simply an investment in your future business.

Run, don't walk, away from them and never look back. Of course, tell all your friends, enemies and casual acquaintances how much they suck. Don't give up on the fix...it makes this vehicle SO much better and pleasant to drive. I comment on it everytime I'm in the truck - my wife's getting tired of hearing about it. :rock:
Sponsored