Sponsored

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Just picked mine up today. Does seem to ride better at speed, but maybe a little more play when just driving through a parking lot a very low speed.

I bought from Jim Riehl in Warren and they seem to take care of me when I go in for service. Printed off TSB and went in there expecting an argument, but they checked out vehicle and told me no issue, we'll order the parts.

Took about a week to get the parts in and had an appointment to have done when they arrived.

They also replaced automatically the steering damper (68251580AE) without me even asking, indicating that there were issues with it too.

While there they also took care of a rear window leak. They indicated they found voids in the caulk bead that goes around the back window.

So far, I'm happy with improvement.
Sponsored

M0untainM4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2020 Gladiator, 2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2020 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke
My 2020 Gladiator had the pull/wander at 100 miles. Called Grand Junction Jeep and they said there was a 2 month wait on the steering box part. They told me to hold on while they check something and came back to the phone a minute later... they said they had one in stock. I told them to hold it for me and put my name on it... as they couldnā€™t get me in until a week and a half later. I brought it in today and WOW... what a difference... itā€™s like a completely different vehicle. We can now drive with one hand as before, it was a constant fight with 2 hands.

They did the entire TSB and had to re-center the steering. Interestingly, the hydraulic steering failed for a few minutes on the way to the dealer. So they also bled the steering. The tech said this steering issue is a disaster and parts are on back order everywhere. He said I was very lucky to get their last steering box. Everything is running great now. Everyone should get this TSB done.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My 2020 Gladiator had the pull/wander at 100 miles. Called Grand Junction Jeep and they said there was a 2 month wait on the steering box part. They told me to hold on while they check something and came back to the phone a minute later... they said they had one in stock. I told them to hold it for me and put my name on it... as they couldnā€™t get me in until a week and a half later. I brought it in today and WOW... what a difference... itā€™s like a completely different vehicle. We can now drive with one hand as before, it was a constant fight with 2 hands.

They did the entire TSB and had to re-center the steering. Interestingly, the hydraulic steering failed for a few minutes on the way to the dealer. So they also bled the steering. The tech said this steering issue is a disaster and parts are on back order everywhere. He said I was very lucky to get their last steering box. Everything is running great now. Everyone should get this TSB done.
That's good news!
I complained to our dealer after we drove the Jeep home. That's the day of delivery, just about a year ago.
I am so grateful the TSB came out. However, I think that whoever wrote it didn't know the cost implications. Every Jeep JL with the old aluminum steering gear qualified.

I didn't have success until I talked with @JeepCares here. They referred me to FCA Jeep Canada Customer Care who were fantastic. Long story short the second dealer I contacted changed the gear when they got parts. You're right. Wow...what a difference.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I just got the TSB completed. They ordered the parts about 1 month ago when I brought the JT Rubicon in for the Clutch recall. Once the parts arrived, I brought the Rubicon in on Monday and it was done the same day. New steering box is really nice. I noticed the improvement immediately. Basically no play, when the old one was about 1 inch plus of play. I had a Very nice experience at the dealer -- they were definitely Jeep guys.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I picked mine up today. Dropped it off near closing time last night and it was dine at 11:30 am. It is an improvement, I stay in the lane! I give a shout out to Greenwood Auto in Cortland Ohio for the quick service an no hassle.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Anyone have any luck with a lift and tires on theirs? My dealer wouldn't even look at it with the my 37s (it's wandered since new).
We are sorry to hear this! We would like to assist while your Jeep Gladiator is in service. Please send our team a message with your VIN and mileage to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Maybe a dumb question. Why do they have to check alignment after steering box replacement?
No, but they may check to make sure that the steering wheel is centered - not a full alignment
Probably a little gatekeepy here but any steering/suspension tech who needs an alignment to center the wheel on a Jeep isn't worth their salt so I wouldn't expect one. Your wheel should definitely be straight at the end but correcting it would just be drive, adjust, and repeat until correct.

HH60Driver

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Pilot
Is there a way to order this box and install it myself? Maybe an aftermarket option? My new gladiator has 800 miles on her but I already installed my 3ā€ lift and and 37ā€™s. Iā€™m pretty sure these dudes in Hawaii wonā€™t let me qualify.

SWATDEN

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to get a Gladiator
Occupation
Professional Whisk(e)y drinker
Is there a way to order this box and install it myself? Maybe an aftermarket option? My new gladiator has 800 miles on her but I already installed my 3ā€ lift and and 37ā€™s. Iā€™m pretty sure these dudes in Hawaii wonā€™t let me qualify.
Agree....luckily i didnt install my lift and 35s yet before i got the TSB done by Cutter PC. They said it might be a problem so i had to put the upgrades on hold for awhile. Cutter said i was the first in Hawaii to get the TSB but Hopefully they changed their stance on doing the TSB with lift/tire mods especially with all the modded jeeps here in Hawaii.

Sponsored

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
My dealer just installed the new steering box. My sequence of events was to get approval for the replacement and get an appointment scheduled, which took almost a month. The day before, I installed Rubicon take off suspension, and took advantage of the free alignment from the dealer.
I told the Service Writer up front about the new suspension, and the Service Tech Looked over my work, and gave it a Thumbs up.

The new steering box is a great improvement. Instead of both hands at ā€œ10 and 2ā€; now I can drive with ā€œ1 knee at 6ā€!

Mikey_89

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to my dealer yesterday and they will do the TSB but the part (kit) is now on backorder. Ugh..

Zacfrac

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Occupation
Consultant
Itā€™s still worth a go at it, but probably going to have to go at it with more of a ā€œhey could you guys help me out?ā€ approach.

$500 part isnā€™t so bad but itā€™d be nice to know the work was guaranteed.

FISHS

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Just got off the phone with the dealer and am officially on the list for parts. I was told at least a 6 month wait.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Just got off the phone with the dealer and am officially on the list for parts. I was told at least a 6 month wait.
They are pulling your leg. Just got mine done this week. Waited 3 weeks for parts.
Sponsored