Sponsored

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just got back from the dealership - the immediately confirmed that yes I do have the problem that is covered by the TSB. However, they said that Jeep is only letting them order one set of parts every two weeks. There are two people ahead of me (scheduled for the 24th and 10th I think). So it will likely be the end of October at the earliest for me to get the fix.
And it was the end of October, pretty much right on schedule. Taking it in tomorrow to get the TSB done...
Sponsored

GLDHE8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2007 JK, 2006 Daytona
Occupation
Retired Mechanic
Got a call from Jeep Cares the other day, they told me they were expediting my gear box should be in before the 9th. Thank you Jeep Cares It dose make a difference when you contact them.

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Picked up my wife's Gladiator Saturday (10/31). She loves it and I do to. It has the old steering box. It drives good, not great. There seems to be more small corrections than I expected, but that may be because I was focused on straight line stability. The main thing we have noticed so far is that in windy conditions, it moves around more than we expected. My TJ actually drives a little better, but I have spent some money to make that happen. When I was inspecting the truck before purchase, I asked the salesman about bulletins and recalls. The salesman went inside, supposedly to check with another employee. When he came back out, he said there were no recalls and no bulletins. The steering box was not a go/no go decision for me, but I plan to call next week and get on the replacement list. I love the Gladiator!

i-4xfbV7S-XL.jpg

i-6hH3sQn.jpg

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
When I got mine I was looking at the JK. Not intending on buying. The more I looked and compared the two the Gladiator grew on me I saw a prototype about 3 years ago and liked it. Mine was used with only 495 miles on it. So I got a pretty good deal and being the Rubicon package it has almost every thing I wanted except the armrest in the back since the seats were cloth.

I'm calling them every week since they don't have a waiting list they keep up with. I figure by asking every week they will want me to be on their do not call list and they may get me taken care of. It's not too bad until I'm driving 80+ on my weekly trips to Houston.
What dealer did you buy from? Unfortunately, this past week I contacted the Nyle Maxwell service rep via phone and email without hearing back. When I initially spoke with the rep when I had reported the problem, they had assured me that they would be quick in responding back with any questions on the status of my request... Now I'm getting a little frustrated since they've clamed up. Luckily (unluckily?) one of my rear shocks started leaking yesterday so I have an excuse to drop by and have a word in person.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Update, I called to get an update on the diagnostic, service, and software update after 5 hours to be met with the same argument and essentially being told I needed to come pick my vehicle up and go elsewhere. On my 20 minute drive over, I called another dealership who knew exactly what I was talking about, understood the issue as they had the same repair made and said it “makes a world of difference”. They already have me on the list to get the part ordered and just need me to bring my truck in to drive it up and down the road to say they ran the diagnostic. Part will get ordered on 11/27 and fixed by Christmas. This is how easy is should be for all of us.
So now the service rep I spoke with is essentially ignoring emails and phone calls. I swung by Nyle Maxwell and was told a completely different story by another service rep. The rep was largely dismissive and I was told that basically I’m on the list and they don’t know when my part will come in or when It will be fixed. Finally, they have to diagnose the issue before they will do anything! WTF?!? Why put me on a list if you are going to require it? I tried to explain the TSB states that if the customer discusses the issue, do the work but that was ignored. I then asked if I could be given an update on my position in the list. The rep ignored the question... @JeepCares, I won’t be buying another Jeep in a few years if this is the standard dealer bullshit I have to put up with for the next few years.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gladtohaveit

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE
So now the service rep I spoke with is essentially ignoring emails and phone calls. I swung by Nyle Maxwell and was told a completely different story by another service rep. The rep was largely dismissive and I was told that basically I’m on the list and they don’t know when my part will come in or when It will be fixed. Finally, they have to diagnose the issue before they will do anything! WTF?!? Why put me on a list if you are going to require it? I tried to explain the TSB states that if the customer discusses the issue, do the work but that was ignored. I then asked if I could be given an update on my position in the list. The rep ignored the question... @Jeep Cares, I won’t be buying another Jeep in a few years if this is the standard dealer bullshit I have to put up with for the next few years.

It has been my (limited) experience with this TSB that the right dealer makes ALL the difference. I felt the same exact frustrations you are as well. The first group I tried to work with was absolutely atrocious. The second was the total opposite. Told me the fix is fairly simple and straight forward. Asked me a couple questions, took a look to ensure I had the old box, and the got me on the list to order. @JeepCares was INCREDIBLY helpful for me though and it seems they are the right group to engage here. For what its worth, the service rep I am working with now said it makes ALL the difference because they had to get it done as well. If there is another option, I would maybe seek help at a different dealership.

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
Just got mine done last week, definitely can feel the difference! My dealership was great, no issues doing it, ordered and had the parts in less than a month. Interesting tidbit, the service manager said that FCA reached out and told them to make sure they do the TSB if the customer complains - hopefully this helps those that have not had it done...

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
So now the service rep I spoke with is essentially ignoring emails and phone calls. I swung by Nyle Maxwell and was told a completely different story by another service rep. The rep was largely dismissive and I was told that basically I’m on the list and they don’t know when my part will come in or when It will be fixed. Finally, they have to diagnose the issue before they will do anything! WTF?!? Why put me on a list if you are going to require it? I tried to explain the TSB states that if the customer discusses the issue, do the work but that was ignored. I then asked if I could be given an update on my position in the list. The rep ignored the question... @JeepCares, I won’t be buying another Jeep in a few years if this is the standard dealer bullshit I have to put up with for the next few years.
Yea I haven't been given any updates from them also, I've heard one person was no.9 on the list, yet a week later someone else was told they were no.4 on the list. So I have no faith in what they are saying right now. I've asked for an update even though I went there in person last week, was promised that he would call me back, and yea - no call back.

I don't have time to chase down these guys to get the issue fixed. I'm aware of the supplier part delays, but the dealership needs to be more honest and upfront on their "wait list".

4esop

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Software Engineer
I had mine done last week. It appears to have fixed the issue. I feel a lot more stable driving on the highway with a trailer.

Samslop

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
My gearbox and bolts are in I will bring it in on the 16th I hope it fixes it.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I picked my truck up Monday afternoon. I took it in for the driveshaft recall and the steering TSB. The Service Advisor told me he had the parts on order, but it is showing a couple months for arrival. He also told me that the TSB has been temporarily put on hold and they are not supposed to take in any more trucks for service under the TSB.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I picked my truck up Monday afternoon. I took it in for the driveshaft recall and the steering TSB. The Service Advisor told me he had the parts on order, but it is showing a couple months for arrival. He also told me that the TSB has been temporarily put on hold and they are not supposed to take in any more trucks for service under the TSB.
@JeepCares does this sound right?

MeanMachine

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon JT
my service manager told me the total opposite, said FCA reached out and told them to do the TSB "if the customer complains" - my dealer had no problems getting it done for me. Love the new steering gear. My truck was not bad when I purchased it, but after some hard wheeling, it really started to drift / loosen up...

Samslop

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
I would try another dealer

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I would try another dealer
I am considering that. There are other dealers in the area. This is the one I purchased it from. They didn't say they wouldn't do the service for me, but that they can't get the parts to do the service.
Jeep Cares opened a case for me before I took it in, but it didn't help any. I'm waiting to hear back from them if they are going to do anything to help.
Sponsored