Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
Not sure if you care, but according to Jeep the Synergy brace voids your warranty if any of those components break while it is on there.
So can the track bar brace be installed WITHOUT the sector shaft brace?? I can't see why not.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Called my local dealership this morning to get the ball rolling on this fix! They told me that they couldn't order the parts till the 26th and they can only order one set of these parts every 14 days. Luckily I saw this post and I am the first one in line at my local dealer ship to have this performed! Fingers crossed that this resolves the issue :fingerscrossed:
I read the one set “every 14 days” and called my dealership immediately. Verified it’s in Canadian dealerships now. I should be first in line here so long as I pass the phases when they inspect my jeep for the wandering. With my luck, they won’t find an issue like they said the last time it was in.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know a dealer in Maryland that will do this on a modified jeep. All the dealers near me said they will not service due to my Rock Krawler lift?
Adams Jeep, Bel Air MD.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Just called and set up appointment. Dealership tells me they run the software update first. If this doesn't correct the issue then parts are ordered. Does this sound right?
Going in Monday.

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2020, Cherokee 1995, Cherokee 1993
I just dropped mine off and gave them the TSB paper.
Ill let you know what they say.

Sponsored

Gator Pit

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator
Occupation
Operations Manager
Just called and set up appointment. Dealership tells me they run the software update first. If this doesn't correct the issue then parts are ordered. Does this sound right?
Going in Monday.
When I called my dealership they didn’t mention anything about an inspection or attempting just the software update first. They told me they would order the parts on the 26th and when the parts come in they will call me to schedule an appointment.

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Going in Monday.
Same thing was said to me actually. So the software update could conceivably fix the steering issues without having to replace parts.

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
When I called my dealership they didn’t mention anything about an inspection or attempting just the software update first. They told me they would order the parts on the 26th and when the parts come in they will call me to schedule an appointment.
I actually tried to Jedi mind trick them and said “I’ve got great news about the steering issues JLs and JTs have. Do you know about the new TSB? Parts manager already said he’d order the parts for the fix and he just mentioned to book an appointment with you guys first”

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I will update all after Mondays appointment. Mines not real bad but definitely needs to be improved. If the software update solves 80% of what I notice I will be very satisfied.

Stay tuned.

oldhp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Galdiator 80th Anniversary
Occupation
Retired
I went out, told them about the recall. Gave the TBS number. Nate looked it up. Said well I know you've already did your homework( I've know him for 15 years. ) and we'll order the parts and get you scheduled. The tech walked in then (I've known him for 30 years.) Nate showed him the TSB. Mitch said "Lets do the update now." Mine didn't have it. Mitch said "Drive it let me know. Were still gunna replace the steering box. So ZERO problems for me. The parts are available. They said we'll call you to set up the install. Hope it goes this good for you guys!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
Following

Horde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland. 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Thanks for this info! I'll be visiting my dealer tomorrow. The JL steering is brutal. Then I'll take care of the JT.

alabamadam

First Name
Adam J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I called to inquire about it at Central Florida Dodge and the service department said they've been down this road before and there is no update. Extremely argumentative and said a TSB is between technicians only. LOL Looks like I will wait until others go through this to save the stress of dealing with complete imbeciles.
Yeah that dealer is feeding you a line of BS. I wouldn't go back there. TSBs are created by the OEM manufacturer warranty division to fix wide spread problems in the field and avoid recalls. If a TSB is issued then it is a real problem and rest assured current production will have already implemented the update in the manufacturing plant. That's how it is confirmed to work or work better because the fix is in place in the plant. You gotta know your TSBs boys when you go in a dealer and that it is for the issue that you are having. So this one looks like they are replacing the steering box and flashing the control module with the latest software. Side note: TSBs come with a fixed labor rate/time so the dealer dosn't make much on them therefore they aren't very interested in doing them.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
A TSB is a Technical Service Bulletin issued by the manufacturer to describe a common issue and the proposed fix and compensation that a dealer can expect. Often the customer has to find about the TSB and then, if their vehicle has symptoms that could be addressed by the proposed fix, bring it to the attention of the dealer. Some dealers are going to automatically check for TSBs when a vehicle is in the shop; others may be not as motivated. A TSB doesn't rise to the level of a recall, where an issue that could pose a health or safety risk (or liability to the manufacturer) must, or at least should, be done in a reasonable period of time. Owners get a notice in the mail regarding recalls, but I don't believe you do for TSBs.
Thank you. Makes sense, and now I won’t look like an idiot if I say TSB

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Keep us posted when this fix starts circulating around with those of you experiencing the issue. I would like to hear a good success story for this one as a Rubicon that I drove while waiting in my Overland experienced the same wander. I am also interested in knowing how many get both hardware and software fix and how many just get the software fix.
Sponsored