Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The JT with a 2" lift and 37s is a GREAT driver's training vehicle! Parking, surface roads, and highways are all a bit more challenging than in other vehicles ... long wheel base, minor wander, & minor bump-steer.

My 16yr old son did the 4hr drive home from vacation recently to get his final hours behind the wheel before getting his license. He did great, but announced on each new road ... "This one's leaning right." or "This one's leaning left." Haha ... given the nature of the JL/JT wander & bump-steer, he held a solid line in his lane. He will be able to handle any vehicle he drives!
I get what you're saying, but it's 2020 not 1950....every new vehicle that comes off the lot, regardless of manufacturer, truck, car, bus whatever...should be able to track straight down the road.
Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone's steering wheel (good or bad steering) actually ever return to 0 on its own? Mine goes vaguely straight but never actually goes straight by itself, I always have to manually zero it.
I don't have my JT yet...still on order. That said, the JT Rubicon I test drove was BRUTAL. In addition to not tracking straight the steering wheel did not return to center after turning a corner. I ordered my truck anyway thinking that one must have been faulty and not representative of how they all drove...and then I found this forum.

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland 2020, Cherokee 1995, Cherokee 1993
Dealer just called me and said that they will perform the TSB but they dont have the parts. They will order the parts Monday and will have me come back when they come in. Im really surprised and pleased that they didnt argue with me at all.

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I called dealer, and they are telling me they cannot order the part before they look at it per manufacturer. They said once I am in, they will compare it to the bulletin. Have an appointment Monday, and I did not feel like arguing on the phone, so we will see how it goes. I have a feeling that I am going to get pissed off on Monday, but maybe not. I am going to go in with lots of research in hand to hopefully avoid a confrontation.

Deleted member 31576

I take it as this, I put tires and a lift on the vehicle. We all know that when we add stuff to the vehicle it could change performance. So if they refuse to do the work because I modified the vehicle, I can change it back to stock and get the repairs or get over it. I’ll go in with an open mind and not a mind of they should fix it or else because of semantics. Yes it pulled to the right when I bought it and yes it pulls to the right now. But I’ll take a slight pull over a random misfire CEL all day.

The mere fact that so many are worried or concerned about the dealer not performing the work says that they know that adding the tires and the lift could make the dealer question the cause.

just my $00.02

Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
The mere fact that so many are worried or concerned about the dealer not performing the work says that they know that adding the tires and the lift could make the dealer question the cause.

just my $00.02
I'm still wating for my JT, but I test drove 2 that both had terrible steering so unless mine comes with the new steering box I'm expecting to have problems. I've got 37" tires sitting in my garage and dealer is putting in the 2" Mopar lift. I will not be installing either till I drive the truck and confirm the steering. Guaranteed they will blame any steering issues on aftermarket 37" tires.

Deleted member 31576

I'm still wating for my JT, but I test drove 2 that both had terrible steering so unless mine comes with the new steering box I'm expecting to have problems. I've got 37" tires sitting in my garage and dealer is putting in the 2" Mopar lift. I will not be installing either till I drive the truck and confirm the steering. Guaranteed they will blame any steering issues on aftermarket 37" tires.
Sounds like a great plan.

Deleted member 31576

I’m leaving my tires on. Simply because I didn’t change the wheel. It is what it is when I get there. I will remove my Tazer.

Sponsored

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
I called in to my dealer and asked about the TSB. They ran my VIN and said it doesn’t apply to mine. Which is total BS. Same dealership with the huge issues on the rear window replacement. So I have sent the TSB to them. I am scheduled to get the Synergy brace installed when they are available. So I assume the thought is to wait on that, correct?

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Dealer just called me and said that they will perform the TSB but they dont have the parts. They will order the parts Monday and will have me come back when they come in. Im really surprised and pleased that they didnt argue with me at all.
I have been in to have this looked at four times since I bought it, two with @JeepCares cases, and got completely stonewalled with a list of modifications causing the problem (track bar brace, track bar, steering stabilizer, lift, tires) on my last trip. One email with this TSB and parts are ordered - no questions asked. For all the pushback I got up until now, props to the Service Manager for making this part easy.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
I don’t understand all the finger pointing!

1) There wouldn’t be a TSB if there wasn’t an issue

2) Jeeps are meant to be modified...EX. My mods are Mopar and done at a dealership Jeep would need to prove your mods affected the parts, not “suspect” it...PROVE

3) People aren’t asking about or concerned about wheel and tire mods because “they did something wrong” it’s because they’ve heard horror stories about Service Departments denying
service while others do the work no questions asked!

Last but not least-
IF YOU don’t have an issue with YOUR steering on YOUR Jeep- Yay for you BUT lots of us do, and it’s NOT a little pull or a tiny wander it’s huge disappointment and often dangerous so please keep your “You don’t know Jeeps” or “it’s a Jeep thing you don’t understand” and your damn finger pointing at others and defending and making excuseS for an automobile company you don’t OWN!!
Plenty of crap and finger pointing, blaming and shaming in the world right now, we certainly don’t need to do it about an issue JEEP HAS AGREED TO FIX!!

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
I don’t understand all the finger pointing!

1) There wouldn’t be a TSB if there wasn’t an issue

2) Jeeps are meant to be modified...EX. My mods are Mopar and done at a dealership Jeep would need to prove your mods affected the parts, not “suspect” it...PROVE

3) People aren’t asking about or concerned about wheel and tire mods because “they did something wrong” it’s because they’ve heard horror stories about Service Departments denying
service while others do the work no questions asked!

Last but not least-
IF YOU don’t have an issue with YOUR steering on YOUR Jeep- Yay for you BUT lots of us do, and it’s NOT a little pull or a tiny wander it’s huge disappointment and often dangerous so please keep your “You don’t know Jeeps” or “it’s a Jeep thing you don’t understand” and your damn finger pointing at others and defending and making excuseS for an automobile company you don’t OWN!!
Plenty of crap and finger pointing, blaming and shaming in the world right now, we certainly don’t need to do it about an issue JEEP HAS AGREED TO FIX!!
:surprised:
Did I miss something? Seems like everyone was on the same page here.
Sponsored