First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
So if modified, and service is refused, even tho it states to do it as per customer complaint... does that mean police can be notified to enforce the Magnusen Act?

How about if they demand the unnecessary inspection?

Just making sure I got me ducks in a row... even tho one likes to wander...
Police enforce an act? Uh nope. Not what they do I'm fairly sure.

Maybe you could sue to have them do it.

Or,

Just find another dealer that isn't crazy.
Sponsored

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Just a thought...when people are calling and asking about this TSB and they are looking up a VIN number to see “if your jeep requires this fix”, perhaps they’re going about it the wrong way. I don’t see how looking up a VIN would indicate if your vehicle is having steering issues. Hence...they don’t find anything flagged against your particular Gladiator.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Just a thought...when people are calling and asking about this TSB and they are looking up a VIN number to see “if your jeep requires this fix”, perhaps they’re going about it the wrong way. I don’t see how looking up a VIN would indicate if your vehicle is having steering issues. Hence...they don’t find anything flagged against your particular Gladiator.
Because most of them think its the same as a recall. But there is a difference between the 2 as stated earlier in the thread.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Police enforce an act? Uh nope. Not what they do I'm fairly sure.

Maybe you could sue to have them do it.

Or,

Just find another dealer that isn't crazy.
Yea, I had a feeling. Figured it didn't hurt to ask.

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Because most of them think its the same as a recall. But there is a difference between the 2 as stated earlier in the thread.
Sounds like the service department’s differ in their training then. Recalls are clearly different as mentioned.

Sponsored

Wasatch1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon Launch only has 5 k miles on it. It has a dealer installed 2 inch lift with 37 BFG ko2s. I noticed it pulled to the right and bought a fox steering stabilizer then I had a 4 wheel alignment done in June. Helped a bit but not perfect. I'm calling my dealership and see where this goes...
Got my truck into the shop today. They did want to keep it for a few hours to clear codes, check it and test drive it. I was nervous when I received a text saying they were processing the warranty which can sometimes take a week or so, but that my truck was ready to pick up.

Anyway, by the time I picked up my truck they said the parts would be in by Friday and set up an appointment for installation next Wednesday Thursday!

On a side note they did not care about my Mopar 2-inch lift, Fox steering stabilizer, or 37 inch tires! They were impressed I had the service bulletin paperwork another member here recommended!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I called my dealership in Texas, nice guys. Looked up my VIN and said there was no TSB available for me. I have a 2020 Gladiator sport. I read the bulletin and I don't see how it doesn't apply. I told them I would check back in a couple weeks.
It's not a RECALL, it's a technical service bulletin - YOU describe the problem and if the problem matches what the TSB says, the dealer has instructions to repair it according to the TSB.
There's no VIN to match in the case of a TSB.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like the service department’s differ in their training then. Recalls are clearly different as mentioned.
Also, can't remember if mentioned but:

Recall is always covered by dealer/manufacturer. All the time.

TSB is free under warranty, but will cost u if not.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not a RECALL, it's a technical service bulletin - YOU describe the problem and if the problem matches what the TSB says, the dealer has instructions to repair it according to the TSB.
There's no VIN to match in the case of a TSB.
U r correct. I was just trying to figure out how to word it. But u beat me to it

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
U r correct. I was just trying to figure out how to word it. But u beat me to it
Was easy to see you knew what you were talking about. Pretty well said, IMO.

I have books of TSBs dating back into the late 1960s.......... it's pretty interesting what's been covered over the years. Most of my TSBs are AMC and some Jeep (7 or 8 books of Jeep TSBs, for a while called "Diagnose and Repair bulletins")

I recall one talking of the 258 leaving the factory with the push rods not heat treated.
Now I wonder how anyone putting those in the holes didn't notice the lack of BLUE TINT to the ends of the push rods??

Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was easy to see you knew what you were talking about. Pretty well said, IMO.

I have books of TSBs dating back into the late 1960s.......... it's pretty interesting what's been covered over the years. Most of my TSBs are AMC and some Jeep (7 or 8 books of Jeep TSBs, for a while called "Diagnose and Repair bulletins")

I recall one talking of the 258 leaving the factory with the push rods not heat treated.
Now I wonder how anyone putting those in the holes didn't notice the lack of BLUE TINT to the ends of the push rods??
I used to work service for a lil bit. It is funny what u see and hear sometimes... from both sides

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The TSB says: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, APAC, LATAM and EMEA

The TSB says: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America, APAC, LATAM and EMEA
It’s been awhile since I took Geography and please correct me if I’m wrong BUT Canada IS part of North America.
Which means the Canadian Market is Part of the North American market and covered!!
Thanks for your post. PM sent

DaveL

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
My gladiator has 400mi currently and I thought this was a jeep thing being how square it is. . Anyone doing this at a socal dealer? Also how is this not a recall? I'd imagine this can* be very dangerous.
I’m in SoCal but out of town until next week. Already set up appointment for TSB service 8/26, I’ll let you know how it goes.

HWKIGRL

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Overland, 2” Mopar left. Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Small business owner
Reading these comments about people’s various experiences....it fucking infuriates you how despicable some of these dealerships are...
Agreed! It’s amazing that there’s such variances in customer Service! No pride in the product and no pride in their own performance/job!

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Mine was built in July. Just confirmed that it is the old part number.
Ugh, that sucks. I'm still waiting for mine, it's being shipped but mine was also built mid July. I was hoping I would get the new steering box.
Sponsored