Sponsored

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
The way it was described to me is that in long right turn, the steering would "stop working". The Service Manager that I spoke to didn't know what the outcome would be but that FCA was working on a fix for the fix...
What?!! This would potentially necessitate a recall vs. a "new" TSB
Sponsored

TXJT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Her Jeep: 2012 JKUR on 33s, My Jeep: 2010 JKUR on 37s w/5.7 Hemi, Project Jeep: 1981 CJ-8 on 35's w/5.7 Hemi
What?!! This would potentially necessitate a recall vs. a "new" TSB
I don't disagree, the fix sounds potentially worse and made the decision to wait based on the information received and the test drive didn't necessitate it.

stang37

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Landover, 2004 Mustang Cobra, 2013 SHO Taurus. 2016 Newmar Ventana motorhome
Occupation
Retired
Took my Gladiator in this morning for TSB inspection and checking for software update. The couldn't find anything wrong. I was told there is a new TSB due out today and different parts. This information was from FCA district representative. I asked if this meant I wouldn't get the TSB update? The answer was the district rep. said if the customer wants it done we will do it. So now I am waiting on a call from the dealership who's waiting on a new TSB. I gave the dealer a copy of the August and September TSB which he had not seen..

jhataway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke to my dealership and they are ordering the replacement. He was told that they don't even have to have proof of this being an issue. Said they have been told to just take the customer's word on it. He has a JL and is ordering the replacement for his as well.

Ravenron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
The way it was described to me is that in long right turn, the steering would "stop working". The Service Manager that I spoke to didn't know what the outcome would be but that FCA was working on a fix for the fix...
Sounds like whoever described it to you is being a bit dramatic. If you've got an issue with having the steering "stop working" (whatever that means), it's a bigger problem than has previously been part of this TSB. Even with the "Notchy Steering", it's not as drastic as to stop working. The vehicles are still drivable but just a bit squirrelly with a tendency to wander. The installation of the new steering gear/box and reprogramming of the electric power steering has had great results for most folks...any issues encountered have been (in most all cases) the result of poor installation.

The sky isn't falling...

Sponsored

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
well...glad im just still in limbo watching to see what happens with everyone else first before i take mine in and go through the trouble.

TXJT

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Her Jeep: 2012 JKUR on 33s, My Jeep: 2010 JKUR on 37s w/5.7 Hemi, Project Jeep: 1981 CJ-8 on 35's w/5.7 Hemi
Sounds like whoever described it to you is being a bit dramatic. If you've got an issue with having the steering "stop working" (whatever that means), it's a bigger problem than has previously been part of this TSB. Even with the "Notchy Steering", it's not as drastic as to stop working. The vehicles are still drivable but just a bit squirrelly with a tendency to wander. The installation of the new steering gear/box and reprogramming of the electric power steering has had great results for most folks...any issues encountered have been (in most all cases) the result of poor installation.

The sky isn't falling...
I don't disagree but decided to wait since the Jeep drove fine plus they didn't have any parts and I would be on a wait list anyways.

Samslop

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
I am picking mine up tomorrow they will be finished. New gearbox and flash I hope it’s for the better.

Deleted member 31576

Taking ours in Thursday for the CEL random misfire, first oil change and hopefully to discuss the steering.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I'm in the same boat. My local dealership (Razzari Jeep in Merced Ca) completely sucks.
Three weeks ago I talked to the Service Manager (Debra) about the TSB and my issues. After a 1 1/2 hr wait, she told me she would order the parts and I would be called when the parts came it. Last Friday I got that call and scheduled the work for Monday of this week. An hour after dropping it off, the Service Advisor tells me that Debra the Service Manager is no longer with the dealership, and the new Sevice Manager is questioning my need to do the TSB. After 10min of arguing on the phone, I called Jeep customer service yesterday and opened a claim but am still waiting for them to call me back. Meanwhile, the dealership called me last night and apologizes after speaking to their regional service manager. However, now this morning another problem...the new Service Manager is now saying that my front 2" leveling lift and 37" A/T tires mean that my JT's warranty under the TSB is void. That's some BS right there. He says "it's out of spec as per the TSB". I had swapped the M/T tires for A/T tires, paid for an alignment (which the shop says is spot on yet it still pulls and wonders), put on a SkyJacker dual steering stabilizer, and an adjustable track bar; before I knew of the TSB in efforts to fix it...now these attempted fixes are voiding my ability to get the TSB? I just want the darn thing to steer right before I let my wife or 16yr kid drive it.
Just took my 1 year old Sport in for the 1st oil change and clutch recall and told them I wanted the steering fixed (stock suspension). They claims it steers fine and that's how Jeeps are, plus my Rubi MT take offs.
Does anybody else's pull to the left a little after the TSB?

In my opinion there isn't really much of a difference before and after. Meaning it just wasn't this dratic change. Yes, it was pretty bad before and now its just slight better with the pull to the left now. I'm gonna have to ask the dealer to take a look at it. I def still have the dead spot on center, but I did notice a slightly stiffer feel to the steering.
My dealer (ADAMS JEEP) just told me the same thing. Jeep cancelled all their orders and they don't know when they can reorder again yet.
If anyone is having a poor experience with their dealer or trouble with parts, please send our team a message. If you have had the TSB completed and it did not make a difference in your steering, please let us know.

I drop the pressure in mine today. Hopefully it’s going to be lot better.
Please keep us updated on the status of your steering.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I might be competing with “Backwoodsreaider” for parts who posted previously about the Faricy Boys in CO Springs. I am waiting for the fix also. They just told me parts wouldn’t be available until December 7th at the earliest.
I'm also waiting for parts from Faricy Boys. Been waiting almost 2 months now and it sounds like it'll be even longer now...I guess its worth waiting though if there's a fix needed for the fix!

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
If anyone is having a poor experience with their dealer or trouble with parts, please send our team a message. If you have had the TSB completed and it did not make a difference in your steering, please let us know.

Please keep us updated on the status of your steering.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares
What does this mean exactly? There are people reporting that the parts are backordered, on campaign hold, dealer can only order one a week or month or every 52.875 days if there is a harvest moon, or that there is a new TSB and new parts coming. The information is all over the place. You, however, suggest that you can facilitate getting parts. Are parts available or not? If so, how often? If not, when will they be available?

I am one of those who was told the parts are backordered and given no further information.

Samslop

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Rubicon
I am picking my gladiator rubicon up this afternoon new steel steering gearbox and flash. My dealer said everything went well on install. They told me that Jeep is letting them order one every two weeks . I hope it drives better

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@JeepCares
What does this mean exactly? There are people reporting that the parts are backordered, on campaign hold, dealer can only order one a week or month or every 52.875 days if there is a harvest moon, or that there is a new TSB and new parts coming. The information is all over the place. You, however, suggest that you can facilitate getting parts. Are parts available or not? If so, how often? If not, when will they be available?

I am one of those who was told the parts are backordered and given no further information.
Spot on! @JeepCares can you provide insight into what FCA is doing to resolve the issue? It seems that various dealers are providing different messages to forum members and that is creating confusion?
Sponsored