First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Paper Machine Operator
I was told today by my dealer that they can no longer provide an eta on parts as their orders keep being canceled. My gladiator I’ve owned for a month and it’s spent half of it at the shop it’s currently sitting on their back lot while I drive a service loaner. @JeepCares has not been able to do anything at all to help but at least they are friendly on the phone.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I know many of you have already reported back but I had the tsb done. My dealer was very supportive and worked to get the best timeliness that we could. Many are experiencing long wait times. I would recommend finding a dealer that will work with you. Even if you have to drive a long way.

Great video.
Ours is done too. It is much better; not perfect.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 1605668388162

AGUILA125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR RUBICON / 2019 Jeep Wrangler UNLIMITED RUBICON
Occupation
MEDICAL FIELD / RADIOLOGY
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to my cousin who is the inside parts guy at my dealer yesterday and he told me Jeep is only letting the dealers order 1 a month now. I’m not sure when it changed. When they ordered mine a couple of weeks it was 1 every 2 weeks.
The dealer finally has the part for my Wrangler JLU. I'm still waiting for the Gladiator. I'm bringing it in and see if there's any improvements.

Sponsored

WayJayMane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Project Management
Reposting from another steering TSB thread...

Dropped off my 2020 JTR at dealer this morning, Palmer DCJR in Roswell, GA. Less than 150 miles on the odometer, purchased 9/2020 with a build date of 10/2019. I was told the parts are ordered with no ETA however I know there are several ahead of me from a previous conversation I had with the service manager. He also said they are limited in how many they can order. About to go pick it up.

Palmer DCJR has been excellent in all aspects from sales to service - highly recommend. I've bought a 2011 JKU and 2014 JKU from them. No reason to doubt what they are telling me. I guess it's a waiting game now.

There was a similar delay with the passenger airbag replacement on my 2014 JKU. Almost a year after being on a waiting list, FCA contacted me to make an appointment and told me where to take it for the replacement (different local dealer, not sure why).

@JeepCares, any updates? What's the story with the order cancellations folks are reporting? Thanks!

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hi Everyone,

Here is a brief update to hopefully help clarify a few things in regards to the TSB that was issued related to the steering gear.

Part orders were initially cancelled to better streamline the parts ordering process. Our dealers are aware of the new ordering process and we advise you to please continue working with your dealer.

We appreciate your patience, as well as your loyalty and passion for the Jeep brand! As always, please feel free to send us a private message if you have any additional questions.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Just got off the phone with Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs. My steering box was set to be in this month along with a big shipment of others that they had been waiting on for a while.

It turns out, the order appears to have been canceled and they are now having to re-order them all and will only be allotted ONE per month. I am 3rd in line, so as of right now, I now will have to wait 3-4 months for my new steering box.

I am pretty frustrated with how FCA has gone about this entire situation. This is obviously a huge problem that affects a huge number of vehicles and unfortunately it appears that, as always, the customer ends up being the one getting inconvenienced and screwed.

I am thankful they are at least addressing the issue, but that doesn't mean we can't be frustrated at this disaster of a process that this whole situation has been.

Final note: Faricy Boys has been excellent with providing updates and not giving me the run around with excuses and just telling me the info they have. I continue to be pleased with my experience with them.

alx_glad

First Name
Alx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Update: So I picked up my JTR Friday after them having it for 3 days. They had 2 techs drive it and tell me that its normal. I kept at it so they flashed the ECU. My Service Agent was off the day I picked it up, so I could not get an explanation on why they did not do the steering box. Monday I emailed him to get a response. No reply, so I called Tuesday and left a VM no reply. Called today and left another VM. Not sure if I am being ignored or he is actually out. Will probably call the mainline to find out.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
@JeepCares
What does this mean exactly? There are people reporting that the parts are backordered, on campaign hold, dealer can only order one a week or month or every 52.875 days if there is a harvest moon, or that there is a new TSB and new parts coming. The information is all over the place. You, however, suggest that you can facilitate getting parts. Are parts available or not? If so, how often? If not, when will they be available?

I am one of those who was told the parts are backordered and given no further information.
YES ...

Parts ARE available !!!

They are being used to build the 2021 Gladiators !!!

You just cant have one ...

Sponsored

AGUILA125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP GLADIATOR RUBICON / 2019 Jeep Wrangler UNLIMITED RUBICON
Occupation
MEDICAL FIELD / RADIOLOGY
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to my cousin who is the inside parts guy at my dealer yesterday and he told me Jeep is only letting the dealers order 1 a month now. I’m not sure when it changed. When they ordered mine a couple of weeks it was 1 every 2 weeks.
my wrangler JLU just went in for the new steering box. I ask for my Gladiator and they said that it's still pending till Dec. 7th.

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
YES ...

Parts ARE available !!!

Yeah, I am getting the feeling this is definitely part of the reason. There are a lot of vehicles affected by this, and unfortunately FCA is choosing to prioritize new sales rather than take care of people who already gave them their money.

It's 100% a business decision, and on paper I get why someone would decide to just push most of these new boxes to the new vehicles so they can keep making them...but taking care of customers you already have is a better actual policy to adopt in my opinion.

It would be nice if they did SOMETHING at least to make up for the long wait many of us are in for now in order to get this addressed...but I'm not holding my breath.

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
YES ...

Parts ARE available !!!

It’s like your phone company. The customer service and deals are for the new customers, not you. I’m so sick of how FCA handles this that I opened a case with the NTSB.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/?

EVERYONE on this thread should do the same, today.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
What happens to those who fall out of the warrantee period while waiting? If FCA plays their cards right they can screw every 2020 owner simply by dragging this out over the next 24 months. Supplying each stealership 1 per month will leave a bunch of owners hanging while the 36 month window closes.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What happens to those who fall out of the warrantee period while waiting? If FCA plays their cards right they can screw every 2020 owner simply by dragging this out over the next 24 months. Supplying each stealership 1 per month will leave a bunch of owners hanging while the 36 month window closes.
Not if you have the complaint registered with your dealer - any fault found prior to end of warranty would be covered if they have it on record before warranty expiration.

If you wait to check in, yeah, but as long as you have a complaint logged, it's covered.
Our local dealer told us that when we found my wife's GC nav unit was toast - near end of warranty. They said it could take weeks to get one, but it was taken in with a complaint, dealership logged the complaint and found the flaw and noted it on invoice, so even if the part wasn't available until after end of warranty, it would be covered. As it worked out the part came in sooner than expected (they were rather surprised, really)
Sponsored