Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Got mine done surprisingly earlier than anticipated - kudos to Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs for their great service.

My steering was not terrible before, but the new steering box is definitely an improvement. Less wandering and straighter tracking with a smaller "dead spot" (virtually none now).

No issues resulting from the install (straight steering wheel, no clunking, etc). Overall very happy with the results and the work done by Faircy.
Sponsored

GobiGladNY

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Just had mine done at Bedford Jeep in NY. Huge improvement in my opinion. Dead spot and overall feel was magnified with my lift and 35s. New box feels better than it did on stock wheels and tires.

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
Finally after almost 3 months, from initial complaint to parts finally arrived for repairs. Dropped the JT off for TSB. Hopefully this will fix the issue. Seemed like it would never happen until Jeepcares got involved. Not even a week later everything is here! Crossing my fingers!

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
Just took delivery of my new 2021 Rubi (totally stock). Built early this month (December). Steering is all over the place. Going to check my tire pressures tommorow. I crawled under and I think the steering box is painted black. I had a 2018 JK and I don’t remember it darting all over the place like this.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
Just took delivery of my new 2021 Rubi (totally stock). Built early this month (December). Steering is all over the place. Going to check my tire pressures tommorow. I crawled under and I think the steering box is painted black. I had a 2018 JK and I don’t remember it darting all over the place like this.
get the TSB done. Depending on when the vehicle was made you may need it. My 2021 Sport S definitely needed it. My parts came it and Tuesday, they do the TSB.

Sponsored

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
get the TSB done. Depending on when the vehicle was made you may need it. My 2021 Sport S definitely needed it. My parts came it and Tuesday, they do the TSB.
If it has the black steering box it should not need the tsb....that should be the new box. I am going to guess maxed out tire pressures from shipment.

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
I checked cold pressures this morning. 39,39 fr and 39,36 rear. Not enough to matter I would think but I got them all to 37. Maybe a slight improvement but overall still constantly correcting the steering on the highway. Maybe the new boxes are hit or miss or maybe there is an alignment issue out of the gate. It only has 250 miles on it so far and was built just this month.

alx_glad

First Name
Alx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Final Update: Went in this morning and had them do the alignment. Now she drives straight and the TBS is fully worth the wait and headache. Like I said in my previous post. If one dealership is being hard. Don't waste your time with them. Go find another.

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
I got mine done last week and unfortunately they installed the JL version. It is very clear what part numbers correspond to the JT :mad:

Bacon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR-LE
I got mine done last week and unfortunately they installed the JL version. It is very clear what part numbers correspond to the JT :mad:
Does your paperwork show the wrong part or you inspected it on the Jeep?

Sponsored

teleportJeep

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Does your paperwork show the wrong part or you inspected it on the Jeep?
It does show on the paperwork and the wrong part number is on the part too!
They just missed the JT has a different part number.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
It does show on the paperwork and the wrong part number is on the part too!
They just missed the JT has a different part number.
They did the same thing to me ... It is maddening ... But they made it right eventually ...

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Unfortunately Jeep Cares phoned me today and said they will not authorize the new steering box because i have the Senergy steering brace installed and that the dealer informed them because of this the new steering box cannot be installed... WHAT!!!! I mentioned to Jeep Cares to tell them to leave the steering brace off when the new steering box is installed and Jeep Cares replied to me that that cannot be done i told Jeep Cares that it`s a simple modification that can be undone with removing four bolts, Jeep Cares still did not understand. What frustration!! that a dealership can bully the consumer and they know they can push Jeep Cares around simply because of the lack of knowledge.

It`s all so strange that the dealer sells lifted jeeps with the brace and the fact that one of the techs at the dealer told me about the brace in the first place. Now they dummy up and act as if they have seen a ghost.

I knew from the beginning that i was going to have issues, as the tech supervisor told me that he had never heard of the TSB and that there has never been a complaint about any Jeep with steering issues, i just let that go and did not say a word and asked if a tech could just check the specs on my steering subsequently i have found that the tech only drove my Jeep and said it drives like a Jeep and nothing is wrong totally the opposite of what i had asked for.

Jeep Cares has taken the bait from this dealership hook line and sinker and in the process i have lost three days dealing with this and my 60k Jeep is still not right. The whole thing is BS this issue should be a rubber stamp fix.

The way i have been treated by this dealership is totally unacceptable.... more on this later.

firehog

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow; 2020 Chevy Silverado Duramax 3500
Unfortunately Jeep Cares phoned me today and said they will not authorize the new steering box because i have the Senergy steering brace installed and that the dealer informed them because of this the new steering box cannot be installed... WHAT!!!! I mentioned to Jeep Cares to tell them to leave the steering brace off when the new steering box is installed and Jeep Cares replied to me that that cannot be done i told Jeep Cares that it`s a simple modification that can be undone with removing four bolts, Jeep Cares still did not understand. What frustration!! that a dealership can bully the consumer and they know they can push Jeep Cares around simply because of the lack of knowledge.

It`s all so strange that the dealer sells lifted jeeps with the brace and the fact that one of the techs at the dealer told me about the brace in the first place. Now they dummy up and act as if they have seen a ghost.

I knew from the beginning that i was going to have issues, as the tech supervisor told me that he had never heard of the TSB and that there has never been a complaint about any Jeep with steering issues, i just let that go and did not say a word and asked if a tech could just check the specs on my steering subsequently i have found that the tech only drove my Jeep and said it drives like a Jeep and nothing is wrong totally the opposite of what i had asked for.

Jeep Cares has taken the bait from this dealership hook line and sinker and in the process i have lost three days dealing with this and my 60k Jeep is still not right. The whole thing is BS this issue should be a rubber stamp fix.

The way i have been treated by this dealership is totally unacceptable.... more on this later.
That’s what is weird. My dealer said just take off the aluminum piece connecting brace to steering. No problem. Took 5 minutes. Every dealer is different I guess. Hopefully you can take it to another dealer and still get it done. It’s frustrating because if Jeep didn’t have a bad steering system in the first place none of us would have spent $250 to add the synergy brace!
Sponsored