Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
I dropped mine off yesterday morning 7am, at the end of the day I called them
and they told me they needed more time.here it is on day 2. 3/4 of the way threw the day and still no call that its ready.
Would you be scared, I am, Im on the phone now with them and now telling me its under full diagnosis right now and they"ll give me a call in a few hours. wtf
any suggestions?
I had them agree to doing the work on the tsb, they ordered the parts and yesterday was my scheduled repair of tsb and it's just about the end of day 2
not sure when they started working on it but not getting a warm fuzzy here!
whats the longest it took a dealer to perform this repair? I think I may be in the running
Sponsored

Deleted member 30519

I'm going in on the 15th to drop mine off. They said they have to do a series of tests to determine if it qualifies for the tsb. I have a 3.5" lift , adjustable front and rear track bar and dual steering stabilizer. :swear: I'm also bringing it in to get this weird noise checked out that happens occasionally. It's some weird sound I get in 2nd or 3rd when I'm giving it gas. It sounds like someone's holding a playing card up to a fan blade or something.

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I had them agree to doing the work on the tsb, they ordered the parts and yesterday was my scheduled repair of tsb and it's just about the end of day 2
whats the longest it took a dealer to perform this repair? I think I may be in the running
It took the dealer several days for them to do mine. They blamed that delay on an issue I raised about popping sounds when I turned the wheels. However, they had the steering box replaced the day I dropped off my Gladiator.

deadbug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrician
It took the dealer several days for them to do mine. They blamed that delay on an issue I raised about popping sounds when I turned the wheels. However, they had the steering box replaced the day I dropped off my Gladiator.
Is everything ok now? what was the noise from?

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Is everything ok now? what was the noise from?
Tech reported loose bolts that needed to be tightened. Unfortunately no one was willing to point out which bolts were loose so I can’t periodically check them. Must be a Jeep thing?

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
My new gear was ordered in september and I'm still waiting...how long did you all have to wait for it?
Wow! Maybe they forgot? I ordered mine in early September and got it done 5 days later

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Wow! Maybe they forgot? I ordered mine in early September and got it done 5 days later
Ordered mine in early September, arrived and replaced in about 2 weeks.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Dealer told me today that they cant order the part until 20 Feb or later and quote “cannot guarantee we will honor the TSB if you lift it”.

good grief. 🙄🙄

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Ordered mine in early September, arrived and replaced in about 2 weeks.
I stopped by the dealer about a week ago since they weren't returning my calls and they showed me my order on their computer so my order is in, this is all just a big cluster-F. Its been over 3 months... @JeepCares

merc3065

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Diesel
Had a good experience with my local dealership (not the one I bought from as that was over 3 hours away). Service advisor was pretty adamant that this was not really a problem and chalked it up to "that it's a Jeep thing" only because one of the sales team had driven a JT from another dealer for sale and mentioned the steering was pretty sloppy. At least they were willing to entertain my request without an issue.

I mentioned there was a TSB , they noted it and they took the vehicle for a short test drive and confirmed the symptoms. About 3-5 degrees of play on center before the vehicle would move to react left or right.

Only downside, parts are back ordered until February. Hopefully this takes the slop out of the steering when installed.

The way the truck currently handles reminds me of my 200000mi firebird when it had a worn steering box and rag joint.
Got the call from the dealer the part was in this past Monday and booked in for Thursday morning (today). 3hrs later all done and ready for pick up.

The deadspot is gone and it no longer wanders. Steering feel is a little lighter than before but so far feels and tracks a lot better than before.

Quite happy with the service from this dealership.

Sponsored

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Got the call from the dealer the part was in this past Monday and booked in for Thursday morning (today). 3hrs later all done and ready for pick up.

The deadspot is gone and it no longer wanders. Steering feel is a little lighter than before but so far feels and tracks a lot better than before.

Quite happy with the service from this dealership.
I can only imagine what good steering feels like in a JT...maybe one day 😞

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer told me today that they cant order the part until 20 Feb or later and quote “cannot guarantee we will honor the TSB if you lift it”.

good grief. 🙄🙄
They honored it Saturday at my dealership. Never even looked at anything on mine just went by what I said and ordered it. They said it should be in by Feb 20th and they would call to schedule a time for me to bring it in They told me it should take 3-4 hrs to complete the work.

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Picked up the new frame bolts at my dealer today. I have to admit these are way larger than I expected. I haven’t really looked at how the steering gear bolts on but I wasn’t expecting this. $12 each.

090A3201-C9C9-4F99-ADA7-DE6C87F1CDD4.jpeg

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
If they have the parts it shouldn't take all day. I was able to drop mine off at noon, they gave me a loaner Ram, and were finished by 4:30.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up the new frame bolts at my dealer today. I have to admit these are way larger than I expected. I haven’t really looked at how the steering gear bolts on but I wasn’t expecting this. $12 each.

Jeep Gladiator New JT Gladiator Steering Issue TSB 08-074-20 (for "Improved Steering Feel") 090A3201-C9C9-4F99-ADA7-DE6C87F1CDD4
Through the frame rail, and thread directly into the steering gear housing. The bit on the end helps start them straight into the threaded hole in the steering gear during factory assembly - a guide, of sorts, to keep them straight and prevent cross-threading.
Looks like they have thread locker.
Sponsored