First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport 3.0 Diesel
Occupation
Mechanic
First and foremost I come from 20+ years of tuning and modifying 1st gen through 5th gen Cummins trucks so I'm not new to the up up down down left right left x deal (youngins won't get that).... I have married and un-married this thing (Tazer mini) several times , I can get all the bells and whistle to work except for the darn tire size change (really what I bought it for) , It keeps what I put in size wise but is always off from multiple gps's (if that's a word) 2-3 mph from my dash speedo , No matter what I do , I have read many many posts on it and no definitive fix find , Anyone have any clue or do I have a $300+ dollar turd to throw in the drawer ? Business I bought it from says no returns on programmers so yay on that - Last purchase from them - Didn't read the fine print so maybe my fault too I guess , Thanks for any help in advance.
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
First and foremost I come from 20+ years of tuning and modifying 1st gen through 5th gen Cummins trucks so I'm not new to the up up down down left right left x deal (youngins won't get that).... I have married and un-married this thing (Tazer mini) several times , I can get all the bells and whistle to work except for the darn tire size change (really what I bought it for) , It keeps what I put in size wise but is always off from multiple gps's (if that's a word) 2-3 mph from my dash speedo , No matter what I do , I have read many many posts on it and no definitive fix find , Anyone have any clue or do I have a $300+ dollar turd to throw in the drawer ? Business I bought it from says no returns on programmers so yay on that - Last purchase from them - Didn't read the fine print so maybe my fault too I guess , Thanks for any help in advance.
Download the jscan app. Pay $25 for a license. Use your tazer as the security gateway, but set the tire size through jscan. No need to marry the tazer. Actually, don't marry it to do it that way, until after you change the size with JScan. Bonus: this way it'll keep even if you unmarry the tazer.

I use my tazer only for off-road features, and jscan for permanent changes. That way my changes are persistent, married tazer or not.

Also, pretty much no place will let you return a programmer. It's because they don't know if it's still married or not (leaving them with a brick), or in the case of other programmers, if you just bought it to change stuff, and then return it when you're done, like a rental.

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
Is the Tazer updated to latest firmware?

I started off with Jscan but ended up with a Tazer anyway for the rubicon locker and sway bar control.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikemann0

Mikemann0

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Nacho - I am not doing an un-marry , I should have just done the J-scan and cables but all the ooh's and ah's I figured buy once cry once.
JTR - Updated first thing , Also checked again today it is current , Zauto said un-marry and re-marry along with the full reboots and hoops you have to jump through and still no tire setting change that makes any difference.
Honestly It's a lot of steps and time involvement for changes for what it is - I wouldn't have bought it if I really knew the time involved - I guess I'm used to instant touch and go with Cummins tuners so I'm spoiled i Think
I appreciate the insight though.

OP
OP
Mikemann0

Mikemann0

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
It is saving my setting for size changes but is always off 2-3 mph per gps and I don't notice anything different , again diesel Cummins to gasser is a step backward so maybe I wont notice

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Nacho - I am not doing an un-marry , I should have just done the J-scan and cables but all the ooh's and ah's I figured buy once cry once.
JTR - Updated first thing , Also checked again today it is current , Zauto said un-marry and re-marry along with the full reboots and hoops you have to jump through and still no tire setting change that makes any difference.
Honestly It's a lot of steps and time involvement for changes for what it is - I wouldn't have bought it if I really knew the time involved - I guess I'm used to instant touch and go with Cummins tuners so I'm spoiled i Think
I appreciate the insight though.
If you like the other tazer features, but this is the only thing tripping you up, I highly recommend jscan for this part. If you have a tazer, you don't have to buy the cables. The tazer works as the cables. You just need the license, and it's well worth it for all the changes you can make and for the diagnostics. I'm assuming you already have a Bluetooth obd scanner, if you've done other tuning before, right? If so, you'll only be out of another $25. If not, a BT obd to is only like $20-$25.

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
First, I agree with JTR178, if you haven't already done that.
Second, I had the exact same thing happen to me. Difference is I had 2 Tazers because I have 2 JT's. So the first one I installed in my 21. Worked great. Second one went in my wife's 20 a couple weeks later. No matter what I did the tire calibration would not take in the 20. I unmarried them both and swapped vehicles and they both worked. I don't know why but maybe Un marrying and actually removing it was the answer. Hope you get it figured out.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Did you manually measure the tires to get your measurement setting? Many tires are not the same as posted once they are mounted.

Sponsored

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I get the tire size close then test drive. I use the GPS on my phone to compare with speedometer. I then go back in to the tire size and bump it a size up or down one size at a time until it is spot on. Watch a couple YouTube vids and follow the instructions. It takes awhile to get comfortable with the Tazer but it isn't bad.
I'm no genius and I can do it. I have faith in you.

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Did you manually measure the tires to get your measurement setting? Many tires are not the same as posted once they are mounted.
Agree. If only 2mph off adjust tire size until speedo matches gps.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
Everyone else already said was I was going to tell you.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
My truck is 2 MPH low at 85 MPH indicated. What speed are you measuring at?

OP
OP
Mikemann0

Mikemann0

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanic
Yes I have married and un-married a few times and everything else works so it's talking to the Jeep , I can alter the tire size up and down in many different sizes and no matter what it stays 2-3 mph off - That's what's confusing , I'm past the tire size calculation as I did the chalk lines and math that's not the problem , It's the 2-3 mph that's killing me , can't get any closer which don't make sense.
Sponsored