Sponsored

Notchy Steering After TSB 08-074-20

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
to me I would almost think they didnt reprogram the pump. It almost feels like theres not enough pressure to keep the steering wheel smoothly going over.......maybe its just in my head lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

akneppers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah when youre sitting still turning the wheel semi-slowly its really noticeable. Drive it does it as well but easier to notice it sitting still.

The tech said he did the software update on the EPS module. So well see what they come up with.

Chinz67

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
We'll isn't this dandy! Mines getting done tomorrow!

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKURX & 2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
So thought I'd create a new thread separate of the TSB thread. But i got the TSB completed and noticed that I definitely got a notchy feeling steering. My fluid a little above the cold line when I checked after it sat all night. I tried to turn the wheel from lock to lock to bleed out air. But if i turn the wheel slowly while not moving I can feel the electric power steering notch through what feel like detents.

Anyone else?
I felt those notches even before the TSB was completed.

Sponsored

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
I’ve felt this before and after the TSB. That said, it is more a thing I notice rather than affecting anything that I can tell.

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
what tires are you running? Im wondering if Im somehow just picking up some of the tread of my all terrains, but that would be a first. just annoying

oknation

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I have a completely stock 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland that I purchased in Nov. 2019, and just got the TSB done just yesterday, 9/9/20. The short drive home over city streets I noticed the steering was less loose and more responsive than before. Then today, 9/10/20, I decided to drive on the interstate at highway speeds and see how it did. Before I even left the driveway I noticed after starting the Jeep there was kind of a gurgling noise that seemed to come from in front of me that I never had before. Secondly, when turning the steering wheel I did feel intermittent resistance like micro seconds of no power steering as I turned the wheel. At interstate speed I could really tell a difference after having the TSB done that the Jeep wandered on the roadway a whole lot less, which is good. In a church parking lot I decided to go about 7 mph or so and quickly turn the steering wheel one way and then the other. I could definitely feel what's being described as "notchy feeling" in the steering, which by the way I didn't have before I got the TSB done. When I pulled into my garage at the house I again heard the gurgling noise before shutting off the Jeep and I also smelled an unusual odor coming from the vents. I'm not sure what it was but it kind of smelled like something was hot. I'm going to take the Jeep back into the dealership to let them know about this and see what they do or say about it. I'm grateful for getting the steering box replaced but I'm not so happy about this new set of problems. I'll update on here if there's a resolution to my issue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I just got the Jeep back. In my case looks like they didn’t fill it up nearly enough nor get the air out of the lines. Also they did the software upgrade which was supposed to be done with tsb

OP
OP

akneppers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See I think doing those 2 things would fix mine, that the software didnt take the first time and not all the air was bleed out. Be interesting to hear about if all that gets fixed on yours by doing that,

OP
OP

akneppers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a completely stock 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland that I purchased in Nov. 2019, and just got the TSB done just yesterday, 9/9/20. The short drive home over city streets I noticed the steering was less loose and more responsive than before. Then today, 9/10/20, I decided to drive on the interstate at highway speeds and see how it did. Before I even left the driveway I noticed after starting the Jeep there was kind of a gurgling noise that seemed to come from in front of me that I never had before. Secondly, when turning the steering wheel I did feel intermittent resistance like micro seconds of no power steering as I turned the wheel. At interstate speed I could really tell a difference after having the TSB done that the Jeep wandered on the roadway a whole lot less, which is good. In a church parking lot I decided to go about 7 mph or so and quickly turn the steering wheel one way and then the other. I could definitely feel what's being described as "notchy feeling" in the steering, which by the way I didn't have before I got the TSB done. When I pulled into my garage at the house I again heard the gurgling noise before shutting off the Jeep and I also smelled an unusual odor coming from the vents. I'm not sure what it was but it kind of smelled like something was hot. I'm going to take the Jeep back into the dealership to let them know about this and see what they do or say about it. I'm grateful for getting the steering box replaced but I'm not so happy about this new set of problems. I'll update on here if there's a resolution to my issue.
Yes let us know, maybe we can find a common result for these problems.
Sponsored