Sponsored

Official 2020+ EcoDiesel Oil Recommendations

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
I'm running Quaker State 5W40 as we speak and when I change the oil and filter again I'll be sending the sample off for analysis again.

I'm also currently waiting on a sample that I sent to them 3 weeks ago. Have no idea why that's taking so long these days.
Did you ever get that analysis back? Is been a couple months now..
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Did you ever get that analysis back? Is been a couple months now..
It's in the mail. Any day now... but you know how the mail has been these days.

I did confirm that this QS oil is still on the shelves at my Walmart, and it's still $18.97 for 5 quart jug. So if analysis comes back looking good this will be the best deal out there.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'm running Quaker State 5W40 as we speak and when I change the oil and filter again I'll be sending the sample off for analysis again.

I'm also currently waiting on a sample that I sent to them 3 weeks ago. Have no idea why that's taking so long these days.
Those idiots "couldn't find" the paperwork I had slid into the pouch in the packaging. Sigh...

Anyway, 6,300 HARD miles on this oil cycle with the Quaker State oil. Amazing results. This is a very good oil!!! And I confirmed two weeks ago that my Walmart does still sell it for $18.97/jug.

JTEcoDiesel2ndOilChange.jpg

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Side note, I have two unopened jugs of Motul X-clean 5W40 which is arguably the best oil you can get for these engines that I don't need. I'd ship them out for $50 if anybody wants them. That's less than half price.

1stXMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Side note, I have two unopened jugs of Motul X-clean 5W40 which is arguably the best oil you can get for these engines that I don't need. I'd ship them out for $50 if anybody wants them. That's less than half price.
Did you get any takers on the Motul? Guess it doesn't run in the Tundra very well. ;)

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Here is my oil test. I would appreciate if anyone could translate it for me.
My first oil change was at about 4300 miles. This test was from my 2nd oil change at 13,856 miles which is 9,493 miles of use and oil life indicator said 5% . Penzoil Synthetic 5W40

Do any numbers indicate if the oil still had protective value to it or if I should be changing it sooner?

oil test.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Here's my UOA for comparison. My intervals are much shorter.

Attachments

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I've got a boatload of the Quaker State 5W-40 for cheap if anyone wants to meet up around MA, or I can ship it. Grabbed a bunch when it was on clearance locally, but ended up trading in my Gladiator. I'll throw in a free set of filters (cabin, air, and oil), if you take it all.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
I've got a boatload of the Quaker State 5W-40 for cheap if anyone wants to meet up around MA, or I can ship it. Grabbed a bunch when it was on clearance locally, but ended up trading in my Gladiator. I'll throw in a free set of filters (cabin, air, and oil), if you take it all.
thats a good deal there, to bad shipping would kill it.

Jeep-A-Kneez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel, 1995 YJ 4.0
That stuff is like hen's teeth around here, even regular Rolella 15w-40. Too far away for me, still ya shouldn't have much trouble unloading.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
That stuff is like hen's teeth around here, even regular Rolella 15w-40. Too far away for me, still ya shouldn't have much trouble unloading.
thats a good deal there, to bad shipping would kill it.
I don't mind shipping, if anyone is seriously interested. I'll work out a deal--it's just taking up space at this point.

This is what I have: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...0-for-ecodiesel-2-50-quart.51735/#post-862735
Sponsored