Sponsored

POS Jeep. Check your floor drain plug!

MattK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (JTR)
Random thought: So, has anyone driven through water deep enough and had the drain plug pop out because of the water trying to push through?

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t see how the floor plug could let in that much noise
It does .... I've pulled my mats and then drove to the car wash. The noise caught me off guard until I figured out where it was coming from. Bouncing off the inside of the hardtop probably amplifies the effect.

Sponsored

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
2022 coming in a few weeks. Placed "check drain plugs" in my calendar for January ha.

Sarge502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Vehicle Showcase
Washed out my JT after wheeling this past week at Redbird SRA. Pulled out my mats to wash. Put them back. A day or two later I heard the strange noise as well. realized I was missing the passenger side plug. Must have fell out when washing. In any case just had to order a new one awaiting in the mail as we speak.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Costco has some frozen ones that come out awesome in an air fryer. Takes like 12 minutes to make each batch.
Well that would be great. But buying an Air Fryer is like eating soy bacon. You just can't use the words in the same sentence. Air fryer...um nope. Needs oil to fry. Soy bacon...ummmm HELL NO! Nor turkey bacon. Bacon is made from pork and only pork! No actual frying is taking place.
Jeep Gladiator POS Jeep.  Check your floor drain plug! Screenshot_20211203-130926

Sponsored

Blackjeepjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi, 2015 2dr Jk hard rock rubi
Everyone told me not to get a Jeep because they are overpriced junk. 2500 +/- miles on it. Did all the appropriate break in when I got it. I baby it in general and have only commuted back and forth to work with it and ran normal errands so far.

Was leaving work yesterday and the beat up chevy next to me sounded like crap. At the next light it still sounded like crap but the chevy wasn't next to me anymore. F'n JT sounds like it's having some real problems. Like a grinding/rubbing noise tied to engine speed and also wheel speed some how but also sounds like the AC fan going crazy. Turn off the AC, radio, etc. Still getting a horrendous noise. I'm still driving home, erratically now because I'm trying to figure out where the noise is coming from and if it's tied to anything. Open the windows expecting it to sound like the truck is going to explode but can't hear the sound. Check the top that it's latched down, open and close the front two doors. Sounds like it's coming from the glove box area so I have that open now as well. Figure I'm screwed so now I'm doing all that while also trying to record it on video to post up here if I can't figure it out.

Get to my neighborhood (10 min from work) where it's quiet and start messing with stuff while driving and still can't figure out what is going on. Stop at the house to drop off my stuff and let the wife know I'm going to be outside/driving around. Turn it off and the interior lights come on. Grab my stuff to take inside and...

The damn floor drain plug is sitting on top of the passenger floor mat.

Not a single thing wrong with the JT but I sure was second guessing my purchase and trying to figure out how to explain to my wife the brand new expensive ass truck was F'd.

If you're getting lots of strange noise, check your floor drain plug.
me too. Almost exact scenario. Nice to know we all in this together!