Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

GladiSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 08 S2000 CR, 08 S2000, 22 392 XR Order
Build Thread
Link
Hi Everyone, new to this thread. I'm based in NJ and placed an order for a 2021 Gladiator Eco Diesel Sport in Sting Gray on 8/21/20. The truck was built on 9/15/20 and has been moved to a storage area for "inspection" but my dealer said that it is more than likely for them to install the bedliner. Apparently the bedliner and other accessories, such as certain decals or grab handles, etc. are not done on the assembly line. The current status of my order was also confirmed via jeep chat. Ill reach out again Monday night and see if there are any other updates.
Thats so weird. There truly is no method to the madness with how they build these. My JT was built on 09.16 and shipped two days later. It is a gas build and also had the bedliner. It appears they only used 24 hours to install accessories and shipped it out 24 hours after that. I don't think we'll ever know.
Sponsored

timo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Diesel
I received nearly the exact same email from "Jeff" on 9/15, indicating my truck is in scheduling. He said he would follow up by Sept 29th at the latest. I responded to his email on the same day, thanking him and asked a couple questions. He has not responded, which tells me it is a canned email that Jeep sends in attempt to appease us that have had orders that are not moving forward. It's a bit disappointing, however it is a custom ordered rig and I knew going into it that it might take until the end of the year to get it. The good news is it will be awesome when it gets here. My JTR Diesel was ordered 7/25 and it still in D status.
I received another email from Jeff this morning with an update. Just thought I'd share. I can't figure out Jeep's formula on why some JTR diesels are being built and others are still pending. Mine was ordered 7/25. Still in D status.

"Thank you for your response. I'm sure you're just as excited as we are to see your all-new 2021 Jeep Gladiator delivered to your dealership!

2021 is the first production year our Jeep Gladiator lineup is introducing the 3.0L EcoDiesel Engine and, as such, extra time and care is being taken to ensure our high commitment to quality and customer satisfaction is maintained on each and every build.

I presently show your order has been sequenced for production with an estimated production week noted as 10-05-20.

I will continue to follow your order, prioritize wherever possible, and provide details as they become available. Thank you for your loyalty and we’re proud to have you as a member of the Jeep Family!"

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
My order was accepted. So weird that a brake controller is so hard to locate

Sponsored

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Trying to read through it all but figured ill ask. Any of you have a Hyrdro Blue Diesel built or in the building process? I ordered mine July 11. Still in D Status.
Hydro Blue Rubicon here.

Okie362

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport/2020 JLU/2021 JTRD (Hydro Blue)
Occupation
IT Management
Did you guys get the brake controller?
Wasn't an option when I ordered mine but when it arrives at the dealer, they are sending it directly to their 4X4 shop for a Mopar Lift, brake controller and winch install before I take delivery.

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Wasn't an option when I ordered mine but when it arrives at the dealer, they are sending it directly to their 4X4 shop for a Mopar Lift, brake controller and winch install before I take delivery.
Not sure when you are expecting yours, but I think the lifts for the diesels are showing some delays. The diesel has a special lift due to the additional weight. You may want to search on here, but I think I saw that the lifts were not expected before November.

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
As of 6PM EST yesterday my Eco Diesel Sport ordered on 8/21/2020 - built on 9.14.2020 is still in "storage" at the factory. No ship or delivery date assigned. Info from my dealer.

Myakka Hooker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pest Control, Fertilizer Spreader Manufacturer
Ordered 7-10 JTRD IN PAINT! Whoo Hoo!!!

Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Good news is the holdup isn’t the EPA. Question remains why they are all going to storage....

https://www3.epa.gov/otaq/datafiles/MCRXT03.05PW-037.PDF
This is from Jeep Chat just a minute ago, so take it for what it's worth. I ordered on 7/14:

"Thank you! I see here your order is in the shipping stage. They are working on the shipping arrangements to your dealer. There is not an ETA at this time. I recommend checking back in the next week or so and we would be happy to check on your order."

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
As of 6PM EST yesterday my Eco Diesel Sport ordered on 8/21/2020 - built on 9.14.2020 is still in "storage" at the factory. No ship or delivery date assigned. Info from my dealer.
Mine was built about the same time but ordered 7-15ish and has been put in storage. Original ship date of 9/3, current ship date is 9/30. Friend ordered the same build at the same time as me and his has regressed to D status.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
[/QUOTE]

Mopar 2 inch lift for the diesel Gladiator will not be available until mid November.

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Crypto just emailed me that they found my window sticker.....how long since they found yours and what status/location is your truck in now? Trying to get a timeline assuming I'm not the first ecodiesel sticker
Sponsored