Sponsored

Prospective buyers beware

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
The only goofy thing i have noticed is when my phone is connected to uconnect via USB, and the fan is on manual speed; every time i get a text message when Uconnect alerts me the fan speed goes down to the lowest speed, then back to the setpoint when the text alert is over.

So if the fan is all the way high, it will "Blip" to low speed during the text alert sound, then resume the previous setpoint.

It doesn't bug me enough to take it to the dealer, and i doubt there is any work around so im just chalking it up to normal Jeep goofyness.

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
The only goofy thing i have noticed is when my phone is connected to uconnect via USB, and the fan is on manual speed; every time i get a text message when Uconnect alerts me the fan speed goes down to the lowest speed, then back to the setpoint when the text alert is over.

So if the fan is all the way high, it will "Blip" to low speed during the text alert sound, then resume the previous setpoint.

It doesn't bug me enough to take it to the dealer, and i doubt there is any work around so im just chalking it up to normal Jeep goofyness.
The HVAC does that so that you can hear it. Same thing happens when you use siri/google while i's plugged in. Fan drops so the mic can hear you clearly then goes back up.

Sponsored

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
The HVAC does that so that you can hear it. Same thing happens when you use siri/google while i's plugged in. Fan drops so the mic can hear you clearly then goes back up.
Well then I would have probably have known that if I had bothered to read the manual. hahaha it didn't bother me enough to even look it up to see if it was a bug of a feature.

I need to listen to the chairman more.

Mao_RTFM_vectorize_by_cmenghi.png

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Jeep Gladiator Prospective buyers beware 1594391079946
Jeep Gladiator Prospective buyers beware 1594391079946

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
These Gladiators have a known HVAC system problem that is still ongoing. Visit the thread within this forum. Looking back, I would not have purchased this gladiator if desired cabin temperature cannot be achieved.
Sell it and enjoy your other cars in your collection.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I can't wait for the my Bronco's back seat smells like dog poo 3 weeks after my dog took a duce on it. Ford should of known dogs would be pooping back there and fixed this issue threads.

Sponsored

bring44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professor
grateful to gather your attention. I’m assuming you studied statistics and quite possibly are a mopar die-hard. I respect that. You’re Jeep will serve you well.

I’m honest when I say this. Happy new Year
You are Jeep will serve you well?

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
So far with 1000 Kim’s on the Gladiator everything works 100%, including the HVAC system.
However my 2019 Grand Cherokee had this same heat problem discussed. She gone!

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
put it on auto, set your temp and leave it. If you adjust the fan or vents, it kicks it out of auto. Its more like a house HVAC system than a typical vehicle temp control. Set it and let it work.
Sponsored