Sponsored

Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete)

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Got mine done. Only needed to remove the 60% seat to get enough room for the dog crate. So happy with it and thankful for people that tackle these projects first to make it easy for guys like me.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) 0BD32E0E-F762-433E-9103-16EED4472F6C
Sponsored

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Thanks for this going to do mine soon

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Thanks everyone for all the great info and pics on this thread. Here's mine. Wanted to keep it simple and easy to replace the seats if needed, so no complex/large pieces here, just the single 60/40 pieces with the legs attached to them (so I can choose to keep the 60 or 40 portion of seats with a partial platform depending on the trip/use).

I decided on this route since you can still get access to all of the space under the platform from the front, you maintain access to the areas beneath the front seats (more storage), and someone could sit on the platform and still put their feet in the footwell in a pinch. Hopefully my pup doesn't mind the awkward portion of platform to jump onto when getting in from the outside, but we'll find out tomorrow after I put carpet on it.

If anyone's looking to mimic it, my platforms 1/2" thick and 24" deep (front to back) so you can get a couple pieces from HD/Lowes fairly cheap (around $30 in today's market).

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) IMG_20220429_215554

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave
Thanks everyone for all the great info and pics on this thread. Here's mine. Wanted to keep it simple and easy to replace the seats if needed, so no complex/large pieces here, just the single 60/40 pieces with the legs attached to them (so I can choose to keep the 60 or 40 portion of seats with a partial platform depending on the trip/use).

I decided on this route since you can still get access to all of the space under the platform from the front, you maintain access to the areas beneath the front seats (more storage), and someone could sit on the platform and still put their feet in the footwell in a pinch. Hopefully my pup doesn't mind the awkward portion of platform to jump onto when getting in from the outside, but we'll find out tomorrow after I put carpet on it.

If anyone's looking to mimic it, my platforms 1/2" thick and 24" deep (front to back) so you can get a couple pieces from HD/Lowes fairly cheap (around $30 in today's market).

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) IMG_20220429_215554
Well done šŸ‘

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
a few more pics after getting the carpet attached. For $30 bucks of plywood and some spare carpet I had from my truck bed divider board I'm happy.

The first couple pics is just how I clamped the carpet down while the gorilla glue set beneath it.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) PXL_20220430_185350251

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) PXL_20220430_042204032

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) PXL_20220430_205543021

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) PXL_20220430_205646645.MP

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) PXL_20220430_205517634.MP

Edit, pup approved

PXL_20220502_015456741.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
Here's the frame with 3 legs...

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) 20220710_193037

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) 20220710_193037
Those downlegs are sorta small, you're not distributing the load as well as you could of you out a board under them across the floor, it would decrease the PSI directly under the legs

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Those downlegs are sorta small, you're not distributing the load as well as you could of you out a board under them across the floor, it would decrease the PSI directly under the legs
You're not wrong, but at the same time I don't think he'll be loading a walrus in there. The legs are supported by the steel sheet cab directly below the carpet, it's fine as is. Plus, the wider the legs, the more you block access from the front.

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
You're not wrong, but at the same time I don't think he'll be loading a walrus in there. The legs are supported by the steel sheet cab directly below the carpet, it's fine as is. Plus, the wider the legs, the more you block access from the front.
Is it steel or is it aluminum? If the latter, it can tear.....

Plus he might adopt a walrus someday

Sponsored

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
Got mine done. Only needed to remove the 60% seat to get enough room for the dog crate. So happy with it and thankful for people that tackle these projects first to make it easy for guys like me.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) 8E57E9E6-77D4-4F8D-9EC6-DD721AB76341
Is that a munsterlander?

paulsoncall

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Yes, heā€™s a small munsterlander. I just recently got a cap for my Gladiator so my hunting buddy now sits in a crate in the truck bed.

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
Yes, heā€™s a small munsterlander. I just recently got a cap for my Gladiator so my hunting buddy now sits in a crate in the truck bed.
Nice, i just got one! Sheā€™s just amazing.
Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Platform (After Rear Seat Removal - Rear Seat Delete) D3435272-3E02-4FBD-9931-5ED7AAA17075

CoachA

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Nicely done! Old fart that I am, I have come to believe that there are few things in life more rewarding than executing an elegant and effective DIY project. Kudos!
Sponsored

Last edited: