Not open for further replies.

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What a world of difference the lift made. Love it. Took me a bit longer then most of you at just about 24 hours. But I did do it all alone on the floor of my garage. As with modding anything there will always be something that you are going to have to work through on a "bolt on" kit. Quality of the kit is exceptional though. It was a good weekend!

jeep.JPG
Looks awesome! What size tires are those?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
First off, sorry for so many quotes. I just browsed through all 51 pages of this thread. Didn't know JACK about @Rock Krawler Suspension, (but i saw @Rob_Quadratec's video installing the pro-x 3" kit on YT) but wow this thread has opened my eyes to their customer service standards.

Adam, is that right? is the one that's answering everybodies questions on here? Man, prompt, responsive, caring, KNOWLEDGEABLE! It probably doesn't take much to impress me with suspensions as i'm pretty new to lift kits and off-roading in general, but I find it AMAZING that the company representative on a forum is so damn knowledgeable. I'm not ready to buy a lift kit as I've got a lease and buying a Rubicon likely in July 2022, when my lease is up, but i'm definitely keeping my eye on Rock Krawler.

Robert, Just got off the phone with 4wp, they are fixing the data on their end and will call you directly when it is fixed. If you don't hear from them by the end of the day, call them again. Lets both stay on top of this and get it right.
Nice service!

Well just so everyone here reading this thread knows.......
Rock Krawler ROCKS!
(And yeah.... so does Adam). I’m bad at names sorry LOL.
Thank you!
Right on!

If you do a lot of them, you find places to save time. The last one I did, I partnered up with one of our welders. We started at about 7pm and We were driving home at 12:30am, we stopped to eat dinner and did the full alignment. Actual wrench time was around 9 hours total. But that's 2 guys, that are very familiar with the kit, no BS'ing around, yada yada yada...
For reals, guy getting his hands dirty is who i want answering my questions.
The best thing is that the rear trackbar is gone so that off balance feeling over bumps is gone too.
Is that unstable feeling what @Rock Krawler Suspension was calling "drag link cross talk"? I've hit a few bumps on county roads typically during a turn and remembered them being slightly downhill and feeling some very unsettling loose-ness in my almost stock Sport S.

My lift is installed. Pro-X "No-limits" with RK shocks with Yeti track-bar, drag-link and tie-rod and Fox ATS steering stabilizer. Rides on 37" BFG KM3's. The ride is excellent. Much smoother and more responsive than the oem suspension. The RK shocks tuned for the Gladiator provide a superb response.
20200329_160357.jpg

20200329_160447.jpg
Do you have the "normal RK shocks, or the remote reservoir ones?
Thank you sir. Working on the liners now. Have to do passenger side next.

3956028B-0B2D-4C2C-83F7-15E52A039C9D.jpeg

View attachment 70168
what fenders are those?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
one more thing, i've been using Rakuten for a while now, usually get 2-3% back on online purchases from places you normally would shop at. From this thread I checked out 4wheelparts for the Rock Krawler kits and you get 9% cash back on purchases there!!!

Couple that with this 10% off code, and you can get basically 19% off your purchase. REDICULOUS!

Too bad 4wp doesn't sell the RK kit with remote reservoir shocks, i'd like 19% off that please.

FYI, not affiliated with RK, 4wp or Rakuten. Didn't even post any links, go test for yourself. this 19% off works for ANYTHING, doesn't even have to be RK, just posted it here, cuz this is the thread that made me check out 4wp in the first place.

edit: Didn't work for Bestop, but did for RK

Hey @Rock Krawler Suspension , is 4WP a reputable dealer for RK products?
Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 1589171218043

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 1589171123358

MATANZAS STING RAY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Stingrey Gladiator from Travis
First off, sorry for so many quotes. I just browsed through all 51 pages of this thread. Didn't know JACK about @Rock Krawler Suspension, (but i saw @Rob_Quadratec's video installing the pro-x 3" kit on YT) but wow this thread has opened my eyes to their customer service standards.

Adam, is that right? is the one that's answering everybodies questions on here? Man, prompt, responsive, caring, KNOWLEDGEABLE! It probably doesn't take much to impress me with suspensions as i'm pretty new to lift kits and off-roading in general, but I find it AMAZING that the company representative on a forum is so damn knowledgeable. I'm not ready to buy a lift kit as I've got a lease and buying a Rubicon likely in July 2022, when my lease is up, but i'm definitely keeping my eye on Rock Krawler.

Nice service!

Right on!

For reals, guy getting his hands dirty is who i want answering my questions.

Is that unstable feeling what @Rock Krawler Suspension was calling "drag link cross talk"? I've hit a few bumps on county roads typically during a turn and remembered them being slightly downhill and feeling some very unsettling loose-ness in my almost stock Sport S.

Do you have the "normal RK shocks, or the remote reservoir ones?

what fenders are those?
Steffen, all I will say is the RK guys are awesome and the Pro-X kit is Stellar!! If you are thinking about one, this is it! Not sure if the lease would allow mods but if it does, DO IT!!! The rear end really works well... Jumped into some great mud this weekend , forded a creek crossing and climbed up and down a 40-45 degree incline... never spun a wheel....... PM me with any questions......

Sponsored

geochaf1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Occupation
Geologist
Thank you. They are Nitto trail grapplers 35x12.50x17
Your Gladiator looks great. I am thinking about a similar suspension/tire combo. Would you mind taking a measurement from the ground to the highest point of your roof?

Thanks,
Chris

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Does the Max Travel No Limits Stage One kit have everything I would need? At $2600 it is at the top of my budget but seems like a great opportunity to get into a RK lift.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
Does the Max Travel No Limits Stage One kit have everything I would need? At $2600 it is at the top of my budget but seems like a great opportunity to get into a RK lift.
I think you still need shocks but I know YOU WILL LOVE IT when it’s done.

Sponsored

SCUBATIM81

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Systems Architect
Im sorry if this has already been asked. I tried to review the pages but didnt see this specifically. On page 2 someone asks about the backspacing recommendation for this lift. RK was nice enough to provide a photo of their shop truck with this lift, 38x13.50x20 tires and 4.54" BS wheels. It appears to have a good bit of room, even with 38" tires. I have this lift ordered and am now picking out wheels and tires. The issue is the wheels I like have a 4.75" backspacing, not the 4.5" RK recommends. My question is, is anyone using this lift with Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50r17 on wheels with 4.75" backspacing? Is there any rubbing? It certainly seems there is more than .25" of room in the picture RK posted, and the tire is 1" smaller to boot. Any assistance is appreciated!

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Im sorry if this has already been asked. I tried to review the pages but didnt see this specifically. On page 2 someone asks about the backspacing recommendation for this lift. RK was nice enough to provide a photo of their shop truck with this lift, 38x13.50x20 tires and 4.54" BS wheels. It appears to have a good bit of room, even with 38" tires. I have this lift ordered and am now picking out wheels and tires. The issue is the wheels I like have a 4.75" backspacing, not the 4.5" RK recommends. My question is, is anyone using this lift with Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50r17 on wheels with 4.75" backspacing? Is there any rubbing? It certainly seems there is more than .25" of room in the picture RK posted, and the tire is 1" smaller to boot. Any assistance is appreciated!
I asked a similar question to rock krawler since I had the same dilemma. I ordered 17x8.5 0 offset wheels with a backspacing of 4.75. My tires will be 35x12.50r17 and he said they should fit without any rubbing. Still waiting on my wheels to arrive to confirm.

jjmstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
Taking mine in Monday morning. 3" pro X No Limits, RK shocks, Toyo 37" RT's. GoRhino Armory wheels, Fox steering stabilizer, steering box brace and Sith flag vent decal.

Jeep Gladiator Rock Krawler 3" X Factor JT System 20200419_143658

Jasonzj980

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’ve got the Pro-X installed on my Overland and paired that with Black Rhino 17x9.5 with 4.5 backspacing (-18 offset). I put on 37x12.50 Ridge Grapplers and I ended up rubbing the control arms at full lock either way.

I ended up having to adjust the steering stops with a couple of washers to eliminate the rubbing. (For reference:http://www.4x4xplor.com/steerstop.html)

SCUBATIM81

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Systems Architect
I’ve got the Pro-X installed on my Overland and paired that with Black Rhino 17x9.5 with 4.5 backspacing (-18 offset). I put on 37x12.50 Ridge Grapplers and I ended up rubbing the control arms at full lock either way.

I ended up having to adjust the steering stops with a couple of washers to eliminate the rubbing. (For reference:http://www.4x4xplor.com/steerstop.html)
Holy crap, thats the exact backspacing they recommend and you are rubbing? Why does that rub for you, but the RK post with 38's and 4.54 BS still looks to have a few inches left in their picture? What am I missing?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.