First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Wage Slave
Anyone have the Rusty’s and if so what’s your thoughts on them? Trying to decide between them and Schrockworks. Looks like the Rusty’s step may be a tab wider ? Any advice between the two would be appreciated.

I'm trying to decide between the exact same.

AC_1960

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Can you measure from the bottom of your door to the top of the Rock Hard? I'm trying to choose between angled up and down...
3 1/2" from bottom of door to top of round step rail. Sorry for the late response. Been off the forum for awhile and didn't receive notification of the quoted post.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I need rails that not only have a step, but a step that isn't rounded off. My kid is constantly in cleats and they're going to just slip all over a round step. The DV8 ones look good but I dont know that they are sturdy enough as a rock rail, says 'rigid enough for offroad use'. Any thoughts on them as rock sliders or other picks for an actual step? MOPAR ones look good but they're $$$.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I measured my Rock Hard angled up rails at 4" to the bottom of the doors. They are non skid with 1" wide abrasive Shur Tape on the top of the tube.

Sponsored

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT-Sport S, 2021 JT-Sport S
Had to return my N-Fab RKR step system. The driver side rail didn’t line up with the body holes. The powder coat was damaged but that wasn’t a big deal as a little paint fixed that. Unfortunately N-Fab didn’t want to make it right, but Quadratec stepped up and took care of it. I won’t make the mistake of purchasing another N-Fab product again.

Now I’m just waiting for the Rusty’s off-road rails and I ordered a new set of lights from Quadratec instead.

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
DV8 rails installed. The install was not too bad, I had to drill out a few holes in the pinch seam as others have had to do. I do wish the rails were a little wider to function better as a step, but they do work as a step and lower the step-in height about four inches.
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread IMG_20200815_155534~2
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread IMG_20200815_155601~2
Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread IMG_20200815_155857~2

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which bolts are the ones that have red loctite on them? Installing Rusty’s rails today and need if I need to apply some heat to any bolts before I snap something.

Also shout out to Rusty’s Off-road they put so much packing foam in the box. Almost impossible to damage the rails. Very impressed.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
All of them, and they also go into rubber bushings, so good luck.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah thanks. I removed the two bolts on the driver side with ease. The front bolt had a little red loctite. The middle bolt had a little blue. Went to install the rail and the front hole doesn’t line up. Have to stop by my work tonight to borrow a fluted carbide cutter for my air tool so I can make the hole bigger. I have all the luck it seems.

Found out while fitting the passenger side rail that one is going to require some modifications as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
As I posted earlier, my front bolts had red, the others blue loctite. I removed all with hand tools and a little care.

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Paramedic
Got a dent on my third day of owning the vehicle. Simple trail and tried to go around a rock of instead of head on. Stupid mistake on my part. So now trying to figure out how to cover it so I don’t have to see it. Seems like a lot of JT rails sit lower compared to the JLs. I really like the metal cloak overland but don’t think it will cover. Evo is really nice and can include rocker panel guard just a pain to install. The DV8 looks like it may cover but how strong is it? I like the price. Any other suggestion?

56A51D05-A6C0-4702-ADED-9F50EDCD0D72.jpeg

sgtkersh

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland; 1980 CJ5 Golden Eagle
Got a dent on my third day of owning the vehicle. Simple trail and tried to go around a rock of instead of head on. Stupid mistake on my part. So now trying to figure out how to cover it so I don’t have to see it. Seems like a lot of JT rails sit lower compared to the JLs. I really like the metal cloak overland but don’t think it will cover. Evo is really nice and can include rocker panel guard just a pain to install. The DV8 looks like it may cover but how strong is it? I like the price. Any other suggestion?

Jeep Gladiator Rock Rails Thread 56A51D05-A6C0-4702-ADED-9F50EDCD0D72
It’s generally a huge PITA because of nutserts, but the best way to cover and protect that area is with rocker armor. Something like this https://www.quadratec.com/p/poison-spyder/body-rocker-armor-jeep-gladiator-jt-22-08-910p1. Rock rails are fine as well, but rocker armor strengthens that entire area. I would recommend it along with rails.

Darkamek

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like you bent the pinch seam inward. Any rail you buy that mounts to the pinch seam now is probably going to take some time bending that back to get it to fit.

I agree though that body armor panels will probably be the best for covering that up.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Maybe stock Rubi rails?
Sponsored